Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rocky has Successful Surgery, EXPECTED TO BE READY FOR THE START OF THE 2008 SEASON

#98QBKiller

That's true of an ACL injury, that it takes about 12 months for someone to be 100% at-speed. Was that what Rocky had? I don't know.
The Skins originally announced that he had torn 2 ligaments. I do not know if they ever specified ACL, MCL, PCL. A year timeline is always stated for recovery on these injuries and it seems that is about right for guys to practice. Playing is another matter altogether. Willis McGahee took about 20 months before seeing action, and look at him now. Daunte Culpepper came back in about 9 months and look at him.

I don't think Rocky is that good. Please forgive me, but I saw a ton of mistakes out of him with little improvement. Reed Doughty showed much more improvement than Rocky. The thing that concerned me about this post was HB Blades is getting knee surgery. Why? He is going to be great.

What are you talking about? He was having a hell of a season before he was injured.

He might be ready for the start of the season, but he still won't be "right," no matter how great modern medicine is...

We need a backup plan in place.

So true - if you try and rush the healing process in can backfire in a big way. I'm 6 weeks post op from ACL reconstruction, and everything just takes time. He won't even be able to start jogging until early April most likely, and that's just slow in-line running.

Now that he'll be slower next season, maybe he won't be able to overpursue on running plays.

Part of being a young aggressive ball player. Laron does it as well and the late great sean did it in his early stages. He's a player with a huge heart, he'll be fine. I, as well as many others, are happy he didn't go to chi-town.

-Hail!

Archived