Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle Experience-

ljs

Unfortunately, gotta agree.

Is it our fault that the media doesn't pamper you? Many here feel like we're disrespected constantly by national media, too (even being on the East Coast). But that gives you no right to take your "pent up aggression" out on an 8 year-old kid or to beat up women! Truly classless behavior and condoning such behavior is no better.

I said in my statement "I don't condone what the idiot fans did at that game...". I am far from classless by stating my opinion on here and I am a season ticket holder and I've never harrassed any fans at all. That's what Raider fans are for.

to nlepiane2 - If you read my letter I did praise the Seahawks for winning, they played a better game. I also stated there were many fans who cheered with great sportsman ship. I have no problem with someone screaming in my face, or even yelling profanities. My point is that when it crosses the line into violence then it is WRONG. No matter what stadium, or city. I have been to 3 Redskins vs Seahawks games, all in Seattle (92, 03, 08). It wasn't until the most recent that I realized how aweful SOME of the fans are. I also gave props to the guy who gave me the 12th man flag for my friends grave. There were fans who apologized to many of us. I never said all fans were low class. Unfortunately, the few who did cross the line were wrong, plain and simple.

I said in my statement "I don't condone what the idiot fans did at that game...". I am far from classless by stating my opinion on here and I am a season ticket holder and I've never harrassed any fans at all. That's what Raider fans are for.

You're right, and I'm glad you don't condone what some fans did at the game. Note that one of the main reasons I wrote that post was to praise the majority of fans that I saw at the game and to commend fans who apologized for any possible mistreatment by other fans. Some were very nice, and acted as if we were a tourist attraction (wanting to take their picture with us, etc.), and many were friendly, both during and after the game. (...while I did hear 2 classless and inappropriate comments about Sean Taylor. But still, the vast majority of the fans I came across were nothing worse than I would expect at any away game.)

But...you have to expect a reaction to a post on a Redskins website taunting us after you beat us. And I do consider calling us sore losers and saying, "Boo hoo! You lost! West coast in the hizz-ouse!!!!!!!!" taunting... Also, you say you don't condone the behavior, but then you add a "but..." and provide explanations (or excuses) for why other fans might act that way...which implies that it's acceptable, or at least excusable. So, your statement that you don't condone the classless statements and behavior of others would be more credible if you stopped there, without saying, "...but there's certainly a lot up pent up aggression over the years in our fans," and, "Don't you think that it's been frustrating for me to be born in raised in an area with crappy teams like the Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks??"

Maybe I had the luck of the draw in regards to our experience, but we were seated in the lower section and aside from the constant rain of expletives and heckling, i can say that we were not ever physically antagonized.

We actually had a couple of Seattle fans show their respect towards us for making the long trip across country.

Now for all of you who plan on making the trip in 08, my personal experience is that there should be no issues.

The only time i was ever really concerned about "watching my back" was when we were up 17-13 but then oops, Suisham decides to go limp.

Still being up 14-13 and then we all know what happened after that, as a visiting fan i guess you gotta take it with a grain of salt, i feel bad for those who had a bad experience but for my own personal trip i can say aside from the result it went well.

I even got a free giveaway, a flourescent green cap with a number 12 on it which i use wipe my dogs feet when he comes in through the door from outside.

Now if only we could turn Fedex Field into a "home" field instead of a commuter stadium where I see at least 1000 of the opposing jerseys on gameday then we can be right.:cheers:

Sounds like a lot of sore losers on here! I'm a Seattle fan that's lived here my whole life. I highly doubt you could find any stadium in the NFL that DIDN'T have at least some drunk idiots running around yelling at people.

Boo hoo! You lost! West coast in the hizz-ouse!!!!!!!! Just keep on keepin' on over there in your own little world with your East coast bias. ESPN and all the major networks all but ignore us and when we do well they talk about how weak our division is. Is that our fault???? Can we control the records of the other teams in our division? Give me a break. If you guys won, I'd say "they're a tough team and they played better than us". I don't hear any of you saying that at all. It's always downplaying our success and blaming other reasons for us winning.

Don't you think that it's been frustrating for me to be born in raised in an area with crappy teams like the Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks?? And then I grow up watching all of the great teams from the other side of the country??

I don't condone what the idiot fans did at that game, but there's certainly a lot up pent up aggression over the years in our fans. It's not our fault our teams haven't done particularly well, but we have to put up with trash talking idiots ALL THE TIME!!! Put yourself in our shoes, man!

No one's crying about the game and that you guys beat us. You played a better game and won, you deserve to move on. All our complaints have been about Seahawks fans assaulting women or putting their hands on fans from other teams, or spitting on the grave of hero who died protecting his girlfriend and kids from intruders. Crappy sports history or not, there is no justification for that behavior.

Sknsgrl, Next time you come, can I sit where you are? LOL ~I think most of the assaults took place at the tailgate party, where most were falling down drunk by 10am.

Yes, walking through the tailgate lot was quite an experience. But I think that's sort of to be expected when wading through a sea of opposing fans. We were certainly booed and heckled (and someone threw a cookie in our general direction), but no one said anything inappropriate to us or turned violent. Granted, we weren't at the tailgate or in that lot for too long...but apparently from what everyone else has said, we were there at just the right time!

Sorry to hear that you and other fans (esp Sellars' daughter!) had to endure what you did. As I said, I'm glad that you wrote and sent that letter. At least you're doing something to try to make things better!

I've related some of the stories I've read on here the past few days to a friend at work who is from Seattle. He reminded me of a story he told me earlier this summer about him and his family going to a M's game at Safeco. He said some guy seated nearby who was cheering for the opposing team was tossed by security. My friend said he didn't notice the guy doing anything out of line......just cheering for the opposition.

I congratulated your team/fans the day after the game, as did many other people on this forum. So, what's your point?

Oh, yeah - you're either too lazy to read the forum posts before you open your big mouth, or you're illiterate.

:)

We understand that it's tough to be ignored or worse singled out for abuse by the mainstream media (see related Len Pasquarelli posts), and that you can't control the other teams in your division.

One thing you can control to an extent is the fan behavior. Unfortunately for me, I've never been to a 'Skins home game, so I can't make a comparison. But, living in the Boston area, I've been to Pats games, and though they used to be a tough experience for opposing fans, now they're a lot calmer. The team took steps to police the tailgating and general fan attitude, and made examples of idiots like the ones cited in the original post.

I hope you go all the way so you and your fellow fans can VENT!!! Good luck.

Sounds like a lot of sore losers on here! I'm a Seattle fan that's lived here my whole life. I highly doubt you could find any stadium in the NFL that DIDN'T have at least some drunk idiots running around yelling at people.

Boo hoo! You lost! West coast in the hizz-ouse!!!!!!!! Just keep on keepin' on over there in your own little world with your East coast bias. ESPN and all the major networks all but ignore us and when we do well they talk about how weak our division is. Is that our fault???? Can we control the records of the other teams in our division? Give me a break. If you guys won, I'd say "they're a tough team and they played better than us". I don't hear any of you saying that at all. It's always downplaying our success and blaming other reasons for us winning.

Don't you think that it's been frustrating for me to be born in raised in an area with crappy teams like the Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks?? And then I grow up watching all of the great teams from the other side of the country??

I don't condone what the idiot fans did at that game, but there's certainly a lot up pent up aggression over the years in our fans. It's not our fault our teams haven't done particularly well, but we have to put up with trash talking idiots ALL THE TIME!!! Put yourself in our shoes, man!

Ignore nle. Well, don't ignore the brilliant postings of this individual.

Instead understand that there was an even worse GROUP of Seahawk fans posting on CPND who basically uttered the same stuff. Posts filled with apologia for the behavior, pretending it was exaggerated or didn't happen.

You can bet a few of them were probably the people who engaged in the behavior.

With every post, these fans identify and confirm exactly what was talked about. We can no longer pretend it isn't representative of a problem there.

But instead we get people who want to pull out excuses or put the blame on Skins fans or players or the 'biased' media. WTF?!! What does that have to do with ANYTHING? You were in the GD Super Bowl!!! SHUT UP ALREADY.

The whole 12th man is such a joke...i love how that is what they hang their hats on...matter of fact Starbucks, Rain and The 12th man is all they have. The 12th man thing is so NBA-ish...what a joke.

I cant wait for GB to beat them yet again in the playoffs and expose them for the frauds that they are.

HTTR for life!

Wow, This is really sad. I'm sorry fans got the rude treatment they did. As a Seahawks fan I'm mad that this crap goes on. I certainly would have intervened had I been there.

And to my fellow Seahwk's fan, do the rest of us a favor and don't make stupid excuses for this type of behavior as if somehow it could be explained or justified. You only exacerbate the problem.

There are no excuses.

Although I can't apologize for the actions of others, I can say that I certainly don't condone any of the reported behavior. It saddens me greatly that there were Seahawks fans that treated Redskins fans rudely, or even worse, violently. There is NEVER an excuse for causing physical harm, and that behavior should be punished.

As a secondary, more selfish concern, I am also disturbed that these reports seem to be fueling the perception that Seattle is this horrible, unfriendly and even violent place with nothing but "cretins on coffee" (or cuervo) running rampant. There are jerks (and worse) in every city and it seems they tend to get all the attention and, unfortunately, set the perceptions. I have lived here all of my nearly 47 years and can honestly say that, while I love to travel, I can't imagine living anywhere else. I love my hometown in all it's cloudy glory.

This from a season ticket holder for both the Seahawks and the Mariners who doesn't even BOO opposing players, let alone even THINK of being rude to a visiting fan (not even a Yankee fan :silly: )

Speaking of baseball, if there are any Nats fans here, I hope you will consider a visit to the Emerald City to watch them play the M's in June :)

Hi guys,

I've been watching the forum since the game, but haven't posted because last thing I would want to see the day after a loss would have been a redskin fan. Although I would have come back to eat my just desserts.

Im sorry for how some of our fans treated you guys. I am appalled and surprised. I saw some booing, but that was it. I feel horrible for your bad experience.

However, I have to respond to how redskin fans would never confront or touch a woman. I saw two instances of exactly that last weekend.

Once was before the game at the tailgate: A female (SEA) and male (WAS) were talking smack back and forth to eachother when the female started running away. The male caught up and tackled her to the asphalt. The male was picked up by one seattle fan, told that was dumb, never to touch a girl like that. The WAS male turned around and puffed up, more SEA fans came around him and he walked off.

The second time was after the game: Once again it was between a female (SEA) and male (WAS). We were all walking down the stairwell after the game, everyone was cheering, whooping, hollering, and the WAS male said something to the female, who in turn said something back. Smack talk ensued and the WAS male pushed her down a flight of stairs. She got pretty banged up, I stayed to make sure she wasn't too hurt , while the WAS male took off running down the stairs and a group of SEA fans followed. I am not sure what followed.

But the point is that you can't judge an entire fan base on a few bad apples, and it isn't strictly unique to Seattle fans, as there were probably 500 WAS fans there and there were 2 instances, what happens when there are 68,000 SEA fans there. Even if 0.5% of the people there are bad people that is still 340 people that have a bad attitude.

Again, I am sorry for your experience, that is the last thing I wanted you guys to experience while you were in Seattle. Yes, I would have even rather had a loss than to have you guys get as much crap as you did.

I actually believe that when assault and battery occurs or any such issue that breaks the law , then it is the obligation of the law enforcement and security staff to protect the rights of those not so intoxicated. If someone is that intoxicated. It is not about being a sports fan but being under the influence. Drunk and disorderly conduct should be addressed in a way that is fair and equal..

The issue should be addressed across NFL. The issue is the teams get a cut of the beer sales and thus it becomes a revenue issue for the teams as well.. Most games I have been to they stop selling beer by the thrid period.. So many drink very much in tradition before they arrive at the tail gate parties or prior to arriving at the games.. Simply do the right thing and arrest those drunk in public.. thats the law outside of the stadium it should not be waved in the stadium either..

what would be interesting to know is if there where any actual arrests during that game..

Just my two cents

i've been to ny giants games in full redskins regalia... i've attended yankees games in the bronx in full orioles regalia... and i've never experienced the kind of horrible experiences that i keep reading about seattle... not even close... yes, of course there's the teasing and yelling, but all this nonsense coming out of seattle is disgraceful, shameful and an embarressment to the nfl.

Thanks for writing an intelligent, coherent, and classy post to the different Seattle entities. Although I doubt you'll get a response, I really hope you do. Keep us updated on whether or not they respond.

I also agree that we should show up in full force at the regular season game next season. I'll definitely be getting tickets!

I wonder if these very same Seacrap fans would come to FEDEX/DC/PG and act the same way. Doubt it.

No way, they don't have the guts too. One of the biggest POS I ever had the "pleasure" to come across due to his constant threats, insults and vulgarity towards our players (seating directly behind me) apologized to me at the end of the game and told me he "admired my courage" as he stated he would not have the guts to wear an opposing teams colors into Qwest Stadium. There were only two of us in the entire section (339) that I could see wearing B&G. ****s like him felt comfortable screaming threats throughout the game. No way POS' like him bring that vile to FEDEX where they do not outnumber us 100+ to 1.

I think the Seattle fans posting here saying, well it happens everywhere are ignoring or ignorant of the fact that some of the posters go to many away games. Some in Philly, New York, and Dallas. They know the normal level of fan stupidity. Seattle has a problem if some of these guys are complaining like they are. What's happening at Qwest is not the norm in regard to frequency of nitwits to other NFL venues.

You are right every NFL stadium has problems, but sounds to me like Qwest is head and shoulders above most in this regard.

I think the Seahawks calling themselves the 12th man is a joke. They are forever an expansion team that breaks through the mold of mediocrity every once in a while.

We were using the "12th Man" phrase here, many, many years before Seattle even knew what a football was, back when George Allen was our HC. He's the one that coined it when he restarted the Redskins/cowBoys rivalry and it was well known through out the NFL that RFK was the toughest stadium to play in because the fans were so loud. I can remember when opposing teams, calling time outs due to the noise was not unusual at RFK.

So Seattle can think they have something special with the "12th Man" thing. They made a flag, so friggin what :laugh: . Remember Seattle, the Redskins were the first team with the "12th Man". :seahawksu

No, the problem is that some of your idiot fans can't handle a win with any sort of class. We lost - it sucks, but that is how it goes. It isn't about being "sore losers," but the fact that your team apparently has a large number of fans that can't handle a small bit of success without becoming jerks.

We've had success, and we've had failures - either way, we can handle it without becoming the likes of you.

Archived