Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle Experience-

ljs

TheTakeover and I realized that the SeaHawks fan base is pretty much the complete opposite of most other fan bases. Normally, people always say "Well there's bound to be a few idiots and bad apples within any fan base."

With what we experienced Saturday however, it was clear that the reverse of this was true. Only a very small number of people we saw showed class. The classy fans were few and far between.

I would not hold your breath for a responsefrom anyone from seattle.
hmmm ... I thought someone already did respond. This was in the first post in this thread ...
They did respond and asked for my seat number to pull video tapes of one incident where a Hawks fan was beratting Mike Sellers family.

I wrote a letter and sent it to the Seahawks organization, the Seattle Times and the Seattle Post.

Lori, Can you give me the addresses you used. I would also like to write a letter about my experience and what I witnessed around me. I have already gone into detail about it in another post so I won't beat a dead horse here.

Sounds like a lot of sore losers on here! I'm a Seattle fan that's lived here my whole life. I highly doubt you could find any stadium in the NFL that DIDN'T have at least some drunk idiots running around yelling at people.

Boo hoo! You lost! West coast in the hizz-ouse!!!!!!!! Just keep on keepin' on over there in your own little world with your East coast bias. ESPN and all the major networks all but ignore us and when we do well they talk about how weak our division is. Is that our fault???? Can we control the records of the other teams in our division? Give me a break. If you guys won, I'd say "they're a tough team and they played better than us". I don't hear any of you saying that at all. It's always downplaying our success and blaming other reasons for us winning.

Don't you think that it's been frustrating for me to be born in raised in an area with crappy teams like the Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks?? And then I grow up watching all of the great teams from the other side of the country??

I don't condone what the idiot fans did at that game, but there's certainly a lot up pent up aggression over the years in our fans. It's not our fault our teams haven't done particularly well, but we have to put up with trash talking idiots ALL THE TIME!!! Put yourself in our shoes, man!

And this BS just confirms everything that went on there. Thank you for showing your fans true colors. You're a pioneer. :applause:

And to Seattle fans who are whining and crying about not having a winner. Boo Hoo!!! back at you. You think it's been rosy around here. Redskins 1992 (Seahwaks SB 2005), Wizards 1978 (Sonics 1979 win and 1993? Finals), O's 1983 (Mariners, more playoffs lately then O's and Nats combined), Capitals (1998 SC final- Canucks assuming they are the regional team- more winning seasons then the Caps since 1998). So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Disclaimer- This rant not intended for our nice Seahawks fans like Top Cat, HLD and such who have come in here and been civil.

Although I can't apologize for the actions of others, I can say that I certainly don't condone any of the reported behavior. It saddens me greatly that there were Seahawks fans that treated Redskins fans rudely, or even worse, violently. There is NEVER an excuse for causing physical harm, and that behavior should be punished.

As a secondary, more selfish concern, I am also disturbed that these reports seem to be fueling the perception that Seattle is this horrible, unfriendly and even violent place with nothing but "cretins on coffee" (or cuervo) running rampant. There are jerks (and worse) in every city and it seems they tend to get all the attention and, unfortunately, set the perceptions. I have lived here all of my nearly 47 years and can honestly say that, while I love to travel, I can't imagine living anywhere else. I love my hometown in all it's cloudy glory.

This from a season ticket holder for both the Seahawks and the Mariners who doesn't even BOO opposing players, let alone even THINK of being rude to a visiting fan (not even a Yankee fan :silly: )

Speaking of baseball, if there are any Nats fans here, I hope you will consider a visit to the Emerald City to watch them play the M's in June :)

OK - NOW I can concentrate on baseball :silly:

So, anyone coming the that Nats vs. M's series??

i dont care how bad i was treated by the hawks fans but, the worst expierience i think that i had was...they guy i was with was wearing a Green jersey and this hawks fan comes up talking smack and then says....who the **** is Green? we just looked at em like he was retarded lol

They are punks. They messed with people in groups and they also messed with people that assumed wouldnt do anything. I say when we play them next year we have double the fans. I mean they are comical cowards. I apologize to the women who were insulted because I wouldnt stand for if I was there. God Bless.

Sounds like a lot of sore losers on here! I'm a Seattle fan that's lived here my whole life. I highly doubt you could find any stadium in the NFL that DIDN'T have at least some drunk idiots running around yelling at people.

Boo hoo! You lost! West coast in the hizz-ouse!!!!!!!! Just keep on keepin' on over there in your own little world with your East coast bias. ESPN and all the major networks all but ignore us and when we do well they talk about how weak our division is. Is that our fault???? Can we control the records of the other teams in our division? Give me a break. If you guys won, I'd say "they're a tough team and they played better than us". I don't hear any of you saying that at all. It's always downplaying our success and blaming other reasons for us winning.

Don't you think that it's been frustrating for me to be born in raised in an area with crappy teams like the Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks?? And then I grow up watching all of the great teams from the other side of the country??

I don't condone what the idiot fans did at that game, but there's certainly a lot up pent up aggression over the years in our fans. It's not our fault our teams haven't done particularly well, but we have to put up with trash talking idiots ALL THE TIME!!! Put yourself in our shoes, man!

Wow, to think we are the same age, I could've sworn you were gonna be 15 when I looked at your age.

Packers 42, Seahawks 20.........priceless :D

Now Seattle fans can go back to their ledger sheets and count 31 years in the NFL and no Super Bowl titles.......that's the best and cruelest revenge of all for the 'nuts' at the Stadium because it is going to burn them all offseason :laugh:

STFU! No one here is making excuses for why we lost! This thread has nothing-NOTHING to do with whether you won or lost! It sounds to me like you are a sore winner! Maybe that's because, as you so admitted, you aren't used to winning, so this is the only way you clowns know how to act. The TEAM isn't in the stands, assaulting women & children & making complete asses of themselves. The TEAM isn't beating up opposing teams fans & screaming profanities in faces of others. The FANS are! You want to whine about not being on ESPN & being ignored by the sports media? It's because you are in a weak Division & barely scrape by every year. It's because you HAD to be moved to the NFC in order to actually win a game here & there & they HAD to put you in a weak ass Division so you could make a playoff run or 2. The fans in Seattle are in no shortage of *******s & thugs. Your team deserves NOTHING but losing seasons. I can't believe someone would actually publicly try to justify screaming & cussing in a little girls face.

OK - NOW I can concentrate on baseball :silly:

So, anyone coming the that Nats vs. M's series??

OMG! Come to the stadium where Seattle fans can purchase baseball bats? **** that! How does anyone rotting for an opposing team survive that place? Thank God y'all don't have a hockey team. Holy crap, there would be riots every other day there.

OMG! Come to the stadium where Seattle fans can purchase baseball bats? **** that! How does anyone rotting for an opposing team survive that place? Thank God y'all don't have a hockey team. Holy crap, there would be riots every other day there.
:laugh:

Believe you me, Mariners fans are MUCH mellower than Seahawks fans.

Archived