Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Joe Gibbs To Retire As Head Coach; Remains in Redskins’ Family

TK

They have already said the cap problem will be taken care of because of the way they transfer things around and rsestructure deals. JLC said the cap issue is blown way out of proportion. Portis has already gone on record saying he will rework his deal to help the cap problem and I am sure others will take his lead.

We've beat this dead horse enough. Being a skins fan has totally blined everyone into thinking the cap means nothing. All we need is 52 more Sean Springs or similar attitudes that will not restructure or lower their salary and we're SOL. The cap will be an issue sometime in the near future and we will one day have to pay the price when Portis, Samuels and Moss eventually retires, gets traded or refuses to renegotiate (especially for some random coach that is not named Williams or Saunders). They truly played for Gibbs like no other, imo.

The next coach will have to sit back and take Snyder & Cerrato's word for it and play the hand he is dealt. We all know the next guy will not get full control like JG which is why I say good luck.

The cap is probably the easiest thing to solve. That's not the Coach's or GM's job, anyway.

If we had a GM that would be part of his job. Most team GM deal directly w/ managing the salary cap and answering the needs of the HC. I truly hope a GM comes in here and cleans this stuff up. I know, wishful thinking.

Thanks for all you did Coach. I called for your head earlier this year and I ashamed of myself. I learned my lesson over the last month. I was there for the first time you walked on the field during your first tenure and I was there for the last time you walked off the field of your second tenure. Good luck to you and best wishes for you and your family!

HTTR :logo:

This is going to get very interesting to see which coaches stay and which ones leave. I'm not a big fan of Greggggg, but I think the best chance of keeping the coaching staff together would be to name him head coach. Otherwise, we'll probably lose Gregg, Al and a whole lot of others. Will Buges follow Joe into the sunset? I would guess so. As the chinese curse says "may you live in interesting times".

:(

Coaches will come and go, no doubt about that. I am damn proud to say (and I think I can be bold enough to speak for almost all Redskin fans) that when I think of the Washington Redskins, Joe Gibbs will forever be the greatest coach who has ever coached the 'Skins. Thank you Joe for many years of dedication, leadership, and setting the bar high. You will be missed! HTTR!

Wow. Didn't see this coming... :(

You had to think about it when he constantly decided not to talk about the extension. I think his mind has been made up for quite some time, maybe the Buffalo game.

Thanks Joe for making Sundays meaningful again :cheers::cheers:

I am very sad, but I also understand.

Coach, you've been amazing, even in the down years. Even if you didn't win a fourth Super Bowl, this team hasn't been this exciting or competitive since your first era. The fact that the Giants and Cowboys fans have been leaving messages of respect and admiration on our boards speaks volumes. Thank you for teaching me through your Web site about being a better Christian too.

We'll miss you on the field, but we know your role as a special advisor will not just be as a figurehead. Dan Snyder is a lucky man.

God bless you, Joe Jackson GIbbs.

Archived