Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Kornheiser Just Said Misssed Field Goal Lost Us Game

JDSkins47

Major......Cooley's non-catch is not forgiven.....but since it DID happen, we still win the game if we kick that FG!!........what don't you get about that??

Not necessarily, there momentum was taken (again) after the landry pick and we had the ball back yet again still up by 1...

that missed fg got the crowd back into the game.. thats all they need. we had them shut, surprised and all of a sudden they got new life .... we were playing good d until their 12th man got on field again... suishan lost us the game. 30 fielg goal. come on, wtf are u doing in the nfl if u cant hit a 30.. cant we get a good kicker in the draft...

Major....I agree.....like I said before, they outplayed us for most of the game......but in my heart I think that if we kick that FG, they are just so shellshocked that we win the game.......but we will never know what would have happened.......the best thing to happen now is for the Pack to take them apart!!

I don't get what you are saying is so different between a field goal and being up by 1 point anyway (momentum I see but not that f'n much---for gods sake they are PROFESSIONALS)...We are STILL winning, they score a touchdown anyway, but they didn't do that ON THE DRIVE AFTER THE MISSED FG...we got a pick inside there redzone ---MOMENTUM KILLER as well...

that missed fg got the crowd back into the game.. thats all they need. we had them shut, surprised and all of a sudden they got new life .... we were playing good d until their 12th man got on field again... suishan lost us the game. 30 fielg goal. come on, wtf are u doing in the nfl if u cant hit a 30.. cant we get a good kicker in the draft...

sure the crowd get u going, but come on. THESE GUYS ARE PROFESSIONALS, they are stunned but they are going to come out and score on us either way, they moved the ball pretty well all day long

On PTI he just said Suisham's 30 yard missed field goal lost us the game and Wilbon agreed. And I couldn't agree with them anymore. I can't believe others on here don't agree that that field goal cost us the game. Would have given us a 4 point lead with all the momentum. No way Seattle comes all the way down the field on us and scores. I know it's over now, and you can't change the past, but they are right. We lost b/c of a failure to make a 30 yard field goal. Bottom line.

We had a hell of a time stopping their passing attack. I really don't think a field goal would have sealed the deal. A TD maybe, but even then it's one of those unsolvable questions we can bicker over in a bar during the offseason.

If Cooley catches the ball that is in his bread basket at the 2 and it is first and goal at the 2 is it still Suisham's fault? Come on people get friggin real...

It can be if we can't get into the endzone and Suish still misses the FG.

This game and SB this year was not meant to be. Ok lets just move on to the next season now.

Is it draft day yet?:D

Also I think people forget that 1st down pass was at his feet.

The inability to score a TD when we had the ball inside the 20, to go up 21-13 cost us the game. period. We had the momentum at that point.

Thank you!!!!!

1000 percent agree....not scoring the TD inside the 20 cost us the game, yes the pass was low as well.

BTW if we want to play shoulda, coulda, woulda....

Why weren't any (at least one) of the plays inside the 20 in the endzone...we had just scored a TD in the middle of the field

Why is no one mentioning Mike Sellers lining up in the wrong place whereas we had to call Time Out...that may have very well gave Seattle a small enough break to get set on defense...they were worried....we just didn't execute when we were supposed to

Why is it that the coaching staff only figure at halftime to go silent count KNOWING how loud the stadium would be?

My point Redskin Nation is we didn't execute... everyone is upset, but we didn't get it done...gee we were talking about Wanting Dallas and playing in Arizona...but if we want to play with the big boys..when you have a team down you STOMP on their throat...Leave no doubt! But it's sadly over...so we get prepared to see Green and Monk go into the Hall and those close games we lost this season we win those, stay away from sweeping changes again let JC develop and we'll be back next season.

HAIL

On PTI he just said Suisham's 30 yard missed field goal lost us the game and Wilbon agreed. And I couldn't agree with them anymore. I can't believe others on here don't agree that that field goal cost us the game. Would have given us a 4 point lead with all the momentum. No way Seattle comes all the way down the field on us and scores. I know it's over now, and you can't change the past, but they are right. We lost b/c of a failure to make a 30 yard field goal. Bottom line.

those two are fools and so are you if you believe everything they say

Thank you!!!!!

1000 percent agree....not scoring the TD inside the 20 cost us the game, yes the pass was low as well.

BTW if we want to play shoulda, coulda, woulda....

Why is no one mentioning Mike Sellers lining up in the wrong place whereas we had to call Time Out...that may have very well gave Seattle a small enough break to get set on defense...they were worried....we just didn't execute when we were supposed to

HAIL

Preface: I *LOVE* Sellers. He and Portis define Redskins football.

That blew the game. I knew, right then, when he argued about where he should be, that the game was lost.

Enough about the FG costing the game. It is easy to blame it on Suisham. Why didn't the defense stop the Seahawks on the next possession? Why did Preilou leave Hackett wide open? Most importantly IMO Cooley dropped the first down catch. We had enough chances even after the missed FG.

We stuck too long with the running game in the first half even when it was not working. We came out with the no huddle in the second half and marched down the field. We should have gone to it much earlier. The coaching staff shares the blame as well.

Am I the only one who saw the replay where they showed the ball hitting the ground and Cooley was trying to keep it in his hand. The ball was thrown too low. How the hell is that Cooley's fault. If it was thrown a tad bit higher Cooley would have caught that ball.

Did you all forget his one handed catch?

yes apparently you are the only one who saw that

What cost us the game was THE inability to slow down the seahawks passrush,the inability for us to run..Collins was under the pressure of a pass rush that jason was under when he went down..plus the fact that portis could not get going at all..that puts all the pressure on collins..he played okay..but he was never gonna win that game by himself..Brady he aint..the bottom line is simple ..if a team does not have a franchise QB..we dont yet..they better have a super ground game..who believes we do?? The D played well..we got two turnovers .. ..count the kickoff as a turnover..thats three times we get a gift..how many points?the Offense was the key to the loss..I truly believe that the skins gotta figure out how to get both Betts and Portis on the field at the same time..or just trade one of them..too much talent to sit the bench..it will be interesting to see what happens in the next several weeks..one thing for sure if the Skins lose GREG WILLIAMS it will be a huge step backwards..

First of all, Kornheiser is an idiot...and the mere fact that HE said the missed field goal lost us the game automatically makes me believe that the missed field goal did NOT cost us the game.

I'm not saying the missed field goal wasn't huge and that it didn't help with a massive swing of momentum in favor of the Seacraps...but come ON guys, we fricked up pretty much all across the board this game. Dropped passes, O-line collapse, mental lapses leading to penalties, not being able to convert, oh yeah, and a missed field goal. There was a plethora of factors leading to our demise in this game, including the fact that the Seacraps played us well. It sucked. It was a heartbreaking game. But there's no way I'll ever believe that Suisham singlehandedly cost us the game.

First of all, Kornheiser is an idiot...and the mere fact that HE said the missed field goal lost us the game automatically makes me believe that the missed field goal did NOT cost us the game.

I'm not saying the missed field goal wasn't huge and that it didn't help with a massive swing of momentum in favor of the Seacraps...but come ON guys, we fricked up pretty much all across the board this game. Dropped passes, O-line collapse, mental lapses leading to penalties, not being able to convert, oh yeah, and a missed field goal. There was a plethora of factors leading to our demise in this game, including the fact that the Seacraps played us well. It sucked. It was a heartbreaking game. But there's no way I'll ever believe that Suisham singlehandedly cost us the game.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Archived