Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Kornheiser Just Said Misssed Field Goal Lost Us Game

JDSkins47

On PTI he just said Suisham's 30 yard missed field goal lost us the game and Wilbon agreed. And I couldn't agree with them anymore. I can't believe others on here don't agree that that field goal cost us the game. Would have given us a 4 point lead with all the momentum. No way Seattle comes all the way down the field on us and scores. I know it's over now, and you can't change the past, but they are right. We lost b/c of a failure to make a 30 yard field goal. Bottom line.

And the fact that we wouldve only been down by 3 points if we made the FG and then they scored the touchdown

The game wouldve been different

The missed FG ultimately, cost us the game

EDIT: Also I think people forget that cooley dropped a huge 1st down pass that wouldve made it 1st and goal from the 3 yard line

And the fact that we wouldve only been down by 3 points if we made the FG and then they scored the touchdown

EDIT: Also I think people forget that cooley dropped a huge 1st down pass that wouldve made it 1st and goal from the 3 yard line

Also I think people forget that 1st down pass was at his feet.

The inability to score a TD when we had the ball inside the 20, to go up 21-13 cost us the game. period. We had the momentum at that point.

It touched his hands, if it touches your hands, and you dont catch it, then its your fault

I will concede to that, but the ball was about 1inch above the dirt when it touched his hands.

Can we maybe meet in the middle and say it is the QB and Cooley's fault?

It was not a well thrown ball.

I don't think it necessarily cost us the game......after all, ST's protege #30 made another key INT afterwards.......but if we had at least gotten those 3, even if Seattle scores they don't go for 2 and thus its 20-17. And didn't Rock have the return to midfield after they scored? I think if we're only down by 3 we would've been more methodical in our playcalling and would've had the goal of first working it into FG range......instead, by being down a TD we felt like we had to go for broke right away.

I agree. We had taken total control of the game and we had knocked the wind right out of the crowd and the Seahawks team.

It was a HUGE emotional lift for the fans and the team alike when we failed to score a SINGLE POINT on a drive where we would have essentially driven the stake through the Seahawks' hearts.

People have to understand that in real football, unlike Madden 08, emotion and momentum are VERY critical aspects of the game.

I will concede to that, but the ball was about 1inch above the dirt when it touched his hands.

Can we maybe meet in the middle and say it is the QB and Cooley's fault?

It was not a well thrown ball.

Yeah, the ball shouldve been chest level absolutely, but for a man like Cooley he shouldve made the catch but umm

FG shoulda been made too though

Yeah, the ball shouldve been chest level absolutely, but for a man like Cooley he shouldve made the catch but umm

FG shoulda been made too though

I think its never any ONE play or players fault.

To poorly paraphrase "Any Given Sunday" it's all those "inches" in every second of the game that add up to that final score.

How on earth can you say the field goal cost us the game when Seattle marched right down the field and got a TD? It makes absolutely no sense at all.

This game is a lot about momentum. After he missed it we lost all the momentum. Even the players said so.

Shame on you for listening to that mediot, and double shame on you for caring what he says.

Tony Kornholer knows abosolutely nothing about football - 2 seasons of MNF showed America that.

On PTI he just said Suisham's 30 yard missed field goal lost us the game and Wilbon agreed. And I couldn't agree with them anymore. I can't believe others on here don't agree that that field goal cost us the game. Would have given us a 4 point lead with all the momentum. No way Seattle comes all the way down the field on us and scores. I know it's over now, and you can't change the past, but they are right. We lost b/c of a failure to make a 30 yard field goal. Bottom line.

Your comment just confirmed that you know very little about football. Momentum is just a part of the game. If you've ever played the game you'd know that momentum can swing back and forth in one series and it's never a factor in determining the outcome. The Skins fought hard, but Seattle was the healthier, better team.

This game is a lot about momentum. After he missed it we lost all the momentum. Even the players said so.

Well the reason the field goal DID cost us the game is because if it was made the defense would have been able to play back a little and that TD pass would have never got over the top. When we missed the field goal seattle started to run the ball and the clock to move in possition for the field goal witch would have took the lead and left little time left, so instead of playing prevent we had to come up and play the run witch in turn allowed the TD pass over the top. Missing the field goal completely changed the rest of the game plan for both teams from that point on.

BUTT.....

Cooley catches that ball (easy catch, by the way), Clinton walks in the next play and we're talkin about Greenbay next weekend...bottom line!

OR...

if FABINI COULD BLOCK!!!!...TC would have got that first one out to moss in the first qt and blows the game open from the start...crowd would have never been a factor.

:2cents:

How on earth can you say the field goal cost us the game when Seattle marched right down the field and got a TD? It makes absolutely no sense at all.

I think what they meant to say is that fg took all the momentum from the team and had they made it we would have to kick off and the defense might have been more pumped up from the kick.

Momemtum is huge, once we missed that chipshot you could tell we lost steam, it seemed as if the past 4 weeks all hit us once. That we had been playing "playoff" games for so long it bit us back.

Your comment just confirmed that you know very little about football. Momentum is just a part of the game. If you've ever played the game you'd know that momentum can swing back and forth in one series and it's never a factor in determining the outcome. The Skins fought hard, but Seattle was the healthier, better team.

I actually know a lot about football... I play...in college...

Up 17-13 you really think Seattle would have come all the way down the field on us and scored when we knew what to expect...PASS. They couldn't run at all against us, but when they were down 1, they could still show the run and set up the play action pass knowing that all they needed was to get in field goal range. That missed field goal lost us the game, and Kornheiser and Wilbon agree.

Cooley catches that ball (easy catch, by the way)

There is a big difference between a "catchable ball" and an "easy catch". A catchable ball is a ball that does manage to hit the receiver's hands. But that was a poor throw. Cooley probably should have caught it but it was barely off the ground and hence far from an "easy catch".

Well the reason the field goal DID cost us the game is because if it was made the defense would have been able to play back a little and that TD pass would have never got over the top. When we missed the field goal seattle started to run the ball and the clock to move in possition for the field goal witch would have took the lead and left little time left, so instead of playing prevent we had to come up and play the run witch in turn allowed the TD pass over the top. Missing the field goal completely changed the rest of the game plan for both teams from that point on.

COULDN'T AGREE WITH THIS POST MORE!

BUTT.....

Cooley catches that ball (easy catch, by the way), Clinton walks in the next play and we're talkin about Greenbay next weekend...bottom line!

OR...

if FABINI COULD BLOCK!!!!...TC would have got that first one out to moss in the first qt and blows the game open from the start...crowd would have never been a factor.

:2cents:

1. No way that was an easy catch. But it is a catch that Cooley makes 19 times out of 20.

2. To say only Fabini wasn't good isn't doing him justice. The whole line didn't block. I saw a stat that said Collins was hurried 12 times. That's ridiculous.

PS Washington would play Dallas. Bottom seed always play top seed. Just an FYI

Archived