Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Kornheiser Just Said Misssed Field Goal Lost Us Game

JDSkins47

The momentum swing on that whole chain of events from recovering the kick to the missed field goal can't be denied.

The entire game changed from that point on.

Not necessarily, it seems as if momentum changed after the Landry pick following the missed kick. Still had the lead and couldn't do anything even though we were backed up a lil bit, but we should be able to come out of that if needed. The fact is our OL played horrible and we didn't deserve to win. Our OL plays somewhat bad in that game rather than downright pathetic then we win this game. :2cents:

On PTI he just said Suisham's 30 yard missed field goal lost us the game and Wilbon agreed. And I couldn't agree with them anymore. I can't believe others on here don't agree that that field goal cost us the game. Would have given us a 4 point lead with all the momentum. No way Seattle comes all the way down the field on us and scores. I know it's over now, and you can't change the past, but they are right. We lost b/c of a failure to make a 30 yard field goal. Bottom line.

Yeah, it cost us the game when you add up all the other botched plays:

Moss dropped three passes....one would have been a TD.

Sellars can't score a TD on 4th ond goal from the 6-inch line.

Portis dropped a pass across the middle.......add them up and it's more like Wash 31 - Seattle 35.

Those IDIOTS you listen too know as much about the Redskins as they do about fornicating!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree.that was the turning point.

its not just about what shows up on the scoreboard or on paper, football has a lot of mental components too.

if u were a skin, and ur kicker just missed an easy fieldgoal that a lineman couldve kicked thru there, does that not break down ur mental momentum. does it not show u that there is little hope now....easy points like that is what helps keep the momentum going. atleast in their minds, if u cant score little crapy stuff like short field goals, are you not thinking in ur head "wow,if we couldnt score 3 points from here, is there any "

hope we will score a TD or even get back into the redzone.."

thnk bout it......

The Field Goal Cost us the game, because it gave momentum to the Seahawks. If we get that Field Goal, we kick again, and our Defense is pumped and maybe they don't drive as far. But when emotion switches to the other team. Well you get the idea.

I am not saying that Suisham cost us this game, there were plenty of mistakes to come around. But that was the turning point of no return for us in that game.

The Seahawks outplayed us most of the game, but I agree that the missed FG cost us the game, for many of the reasons stated previously.....momentum, the fact that they would have had to go for a TD instead of a FG to get the lead changed the nature of the game, and I think our D stops them if we have a 4 point lead in that situation......Hasselbeck was not playing that great and was forcing a lot of throws, and I likek William's D in that situation......if we were up by 4, to me it is pretty simple......we kick that FG and we win that game.......

Oh.....and one more thing......yes, it Cooley catches that pass we win as well.....but since he didn't, we still would have won if we kick that FG, so the FG cost us the game, period........

huh?

so cooley's blunder is forgiven since it came 3 plays before suisham's?

that's a pretty silly post.

OK...I think some people are crazy....

If you only pay attention to the 2nd half...then yeah, the FG might be the reason we lost.

Look at the first half: punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, loss of downs, punt, punt.

We protect Collins better, we put points on the board in the first 2 quarters, we win the game. The FG makes little difference.

And for the record, I think Kornheiser is an idiot who doesn't look far enough into the games to give an 'expert' opinion. And Wilbon isn't much better.

It touched his hands, if it touches your hands, and you dont catch it, then its your fault

Am I the only one who saw the replay where they showed the ball hitting the ground and Cooley was trying to keep it in his hand. The ball was thrown too low. How the hell is that Cooley's fault. If it was thrown a tad bit higher Cooley would have caught that ball.

Did you all forget his one handed catch?

Major......Cooley's non-catch is not forgiven.....but since it DID happen, we still win the game if we kick that FG!!........what don't you get about that??

maybe because there's no fg attempt if he makes that catch? :whoknows:

maybe because a td puts us up 8, instead of the 4 that a fg would have??

Am I the only one who saw the replay where they showed the ball hitting the ground and Cooley was trying to keep it in his hand. The ball was thrown too low. How the hell is that Cooley's fault. If it was thrown a tad bit higher Cooley would have caught that ball.

the ball hit him in both hands. he lost it on the way down, as he was turning his shoulder. yes, it was low. that may have been by design, it was definitely put where only cooley could catch it.

one handed catches don't give you the ball on the 3 yard line 10 minutes ago.

Nope, that was a sweet catch from a pro bowler. Not his last pro bowl either. Poorly thrown ball but Collins had been pressured all day so there is a lot of blame to go around on that play.

If you ran that play ten times, I bet Cooley catches more than half of them, somehow.

Major.....all true.....but since that didn't happen, we STILL win the game with a FG!! It's pretty simple......yes, we win with the TD, but we win anyway with the FG that occurred AFTER the missed catch, so the FG cost us the game!! (for all of the reasons previously mentioned.......momentum, D strategy, etc......)

When you score 21 points in less than 3 minutes, which the 'Skins had the opportunity to do, it completely rocks your opponenent. Evidence: Seattle did virtually the same thing to the 'Skins after the missed field goal, and the 'Skins never recovered.

Did the field goal cost them? It certainly let the Seahawks off the hook. But ultimately, 2 Pic-6's cost them the game.

Major.....all true.....but since that didn't happen, we STILL win the game with a FG!! It's pretty simple......yes, we win with the TD, but we win anyway with the FG that occurred AFTER the missed catch, so the FG cost us the game!! (for all of the reasons previously mentioned.......momentum, D strategy, etc......)

i guess what i'm trying to say is that it's pretty silly to pin the game on one play. it's not that black and white, and saying it is is just silly.

the ball hit him in both hands. he lost it on the way down, as he was turning his shoulder. yes, it was low. that may have been by design, it was definitely put where only cooley could catch it.

one handed catches don't give you the ball on the 3 yard line 10 minutes ago.

I am going to have to watch the replay tomorrow night. It sure looked like he couldn't stop the ball from hitting the ground.

Regardless not scoring at all in the 1st half lost us the game. Not just one or two plays. If we had scored in the 1st half and stayed on top that would have taken the crowd out. Cooley said this morning it was hard in the huddle to hear the plays because of the crowd. Their 12th man won the game this time!

Major....I agree.....like I said before, they outplayed us for most of the game......but in my heart I think that if we kick that FG, they are just so shellshocked that we win the game.......but we will never know what would have happened.......the best thing to happen now is for the Pack to take them apart!!

What grates me worse than the field goal is that I thought that damn kickoff hit the Seabags' fingertips but of course, it did not.

I mean they should be able to advance that thing after that blunder. What if Mix was bobbling it and batted it in the endzone and recovered it there? Would they bring it back to where he touched it or since he didn't really posess a free ball, would they have called a TD? Just curious...

What grates me worse than the field goal is that I thought that damn kickoff hit the Seabags' fingertips but of course, it did not.

I mean they should be able to advance that thing after that blunder. What if Mix was bobbling it and batted it in the endzone and recovered it there? Would they bring it back to where he touched it or since he didn't really posess a free ball, would they have called a TD? Just curious...

something similar happened in the wvu / oklahoma game....oklahoma muffed a punt, the ball got batted into the end zone, where oklahoma recovered....for a touchback. :redpunch:

not sure what the rationale is for not being able to advance a muffed punt or onside kick.

Archived