Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Kornheiser Just Said Misssed Field Goal Lost Us Game

JDSkins47

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that Suisham's missed field goal cost us the game, but even the sportswriters here in NY made a good argument for it by saying, had we made that field goal and gone ahead 17-13 it would have been extremely demoralizing for the Seahawks and they probably would never have been able to overcome the momentum that swung in our favor. Unfortunately, we'll never really know!

While I don't consider the missed FG costing us the game, it cost us momentum. For 3 quarters we were outplayed and then a couple of things happened and we got on a roll. The miss seemed to take the air out of the team. They reverted back to their old ways of not being able to overcome their mistakes. Seattle was reeling and the crowd was silent. Even at 17-13, the defense would've made another stop.

the missed fg was big, for sure. but the turning point was, without a doubt, cooley's drop. for those of you saying it was a bad throw, it wasn't perfect....but it was put where only cooley could catch. it was way more than an inch off the ground. he got both hands on it, and i'm pretty sure he'd tell you he should have caught it.

not that you can pin the loss on any one person. but as far as defining moments, cooley's drop (yes, it was definitely a drop), was definitely it.

Missing the field goal as the reason for losing this game is idiotic. It would have given us a four point lead and they likely would have scored at least one more touchdown.

A much better reason for the loss was the split second our offensive line was behind their defensive line because of the crowd noise. This wasn't just one play but the entire game. The fraction of a second behind consistently gave them penetration, putting Collins under pressure and destroying the running game.

Subtle analysis like that is far too much for Kornheiser though. :rolleyes:

There is a big difference between a "catchable ball" and an "easy catch". A catchable ball is a ball that does manage to hit the receiver's hands. But that was a poor throw. Cooley probably should have caught it but it was barely off the ground and hence far from an "easy catch".

Please...if you have TIVO...watch the play again...for a PROBOWL tight end in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE...it was a VERY easy catch...it actually went THREW his hands, he didnt just "touch" it...wasnt the first one he dropped that day either

Either way fellas, not worth arguing about. Bottom line we had a great season and made the playoffs but came up a few plays short. We can go all the way back to the first half and talk about the dropped passes also, but it's not going to change anything.

We need to get healthy and see what happens in the draft.

There was so much that cost us the game: how about not scoring any points for the first three quarters of the game? what about Collins' pass that he "launched" which Moss never found and then was intercepted and got returned for a TD? what about the OL's inability to pass protect? how about dropped balls? Can't convert 4th and 1? This just seemed to be a collapse on all levels, including a very important missed 30-yard field goal, a dropped pass which probably should have been caught, and what about Sellers being out of position so that Collins had to call a timeout? You saw the exchange after that. There were too many other problems just to say that the field goal alone cost us the game.

By the way, no poster that I've seen yet wants to give cudos to Suisham for his kickoff which resulted in our recovering the ball.

By the way, no poster that I've seen yet wants to give cudos to Suisham for his kickoff which resulted in our recovering the ball.

why would we? you certainly don't think that was intentional? that was a function of the wind, what that ball did can not be caused by man alone. :laugh:

Either way fellas, not worth arguing about. Bottom line we had a great season and made the playoffs but came up a few plays short. We can go all the way back to the first half and talk about the dropped passes also, but it's not going to change anything.

We need to get healthy and see what happens in the draft.

NO OFFENCE...but if we all "clap it up" and "just be thankful" this will be a long boring offseason...lol...we need to nitpick and let all this frustration go so we can hurry up and get to FA'S, THE DRAFT, AND NEXT SEASON...keep it goin, Please!!!...lol...im too addicted to checking this board everyday...I hate when theres nothin to go back and forth about

Sorry they are right we had the momentum until he missed that field goal.To lose momentum at Quest field is very big.I knew the game was over after we missed that filed goal.To tell you the truth I hope that ***** Suisham is gone next year.

LONG time ago, the Redskins lost a NFL championship to the Bears 73-0. The Skins had a chance to score a touchdown in the game, but muffed it.

A reporter asked one of the Redskins if it would have made a difference if the Skins scored that touchdown. The player said "yeah, the score would have been 73-7."

Suisham makes that field goal, the final score would have been 35-17.

NFL kickers should always make field goals from that distance but, the Redskins should have scored a touchdown from that distance. With a four point differential, the Seahawks don't change their offense or defense game plan and the Redskins will still need another score to put the game away. Running the ball wasn't cutting it, so they would continue to pass and would have turned the ball over.

With a seven point difference, the Hawks defense might have played eight in the box, opening up more passing opportunities for Collins and the receivers. Hasselbeck might have taken more passing risks to score, and the Skins D would have pinned their ears back.

Suishams miss didn't help, but failing to score touchdowns from the red zone costs games all season long.

LONG time ago, the Redskins lost a NFL championship to the Bears 73-0. The Skins had a chance to score a touchdown in the game, but muffed it.

A reporter asked one of the Redskins if it would have made a difference if the Skins scored that touchdown. The player said "yeah, the score would have been 73-7."

Suisham makes that field goal, the final score would have been 35-17.

NFL kickers should always make field goals from that distance but, the Redskins should have scored a touchdown from that distance. With a four point differential, the Seahawks don't change their offense or defense game plan and the Redskins will still need another score to put the game away. Running the ball wasn't cutting it, so they would continue to pass and would have turned the ball over.

With a seven point difference, the Hawks defense might have played eight in the box, opening up more passing opportunities for Collins and the receivers. Hasselbeck might have taken more passing risks to score, and the Skins D would have pinned their ears back.

Suishams miss didn't help, but failing to score touchdowns from the red zone costs games all season long.

Youre worse than Tony kornheiser. The game wouldnt have been identical if Suisham had made the field goal. Comparing it to a 73-0 game is stupid

The seahawks wouldve NEEDED a touchdown, not a field goal. There offensive approach wouldve changed, and our defensive approach wouldve changed. The entire game wouldve changed

And i havent even mentioned momentum, I dont need to because everyone else in this thread is preaching it. The missed FG was the play that ultimately cost us the game in my opinion

Archived