Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB - Roy Williams To Wear #21 In Pro Bowl WTF

TheNewU

I find it pretty funny and sad at the same time that many of you complain Taylor isn't honored enough, yet when someone is going to specifically honor him, you say **** THAT and **** all over that individuals attempt to honor Taylor. Do you really think, that Roy Williams being a cowboy should be a reason for him to be not allowed to wear 21 at the pro bowl FOR sean?

Do you really think a stupid game and a stupid rivalry, and that's what it is compared to the death of Taylor, is grounds for not allowing Taylor's friend to wear Taylor's number?

Wow, a lot of you need to chill the heck out. Roy and Sean were buddies from last pro bowl. Roy was the first guy campaigning for the cowpukes to wear something in honor of Taylor. Seriously, just relax. It's getting ridicolous with you guys. Either someone doesn't honor taylor enough or someone is going too far in honoring Taylor. They were friends, let him do as he likes. Did you personally know Taylor? Probably not. Roy Williams did and Portis did and it was portis' decision to not wear it but since Williams is going as Taylors replacement and because he was Taylor's friend, you aren't in any position to say whether or not he should do it or be allowed to do it.

He is honoring Taylor in his own way. Give it a ****ing rest some of you.

I completely agree. Everyone, no matter who they are or who they play for, should be able to honor Sean in whatever way they see fit. He is doing it to honor Sean, he is not trying to be Sean.

This is his way to honour Sean Taylor. What's wrong with that? The fact that he plays for Dallas means nothing. Arch rivals don't matter with things like this. It's just the number, it's not like it's gonna have the Taylor name at the top accompanied with a Redskins helmet.
True,but if Portis wouldnt wear it then why should they let an outsider wear it.

From what I've read Roy has said he looked up to Sean alot and the first time he met him he felt like a little kid meeting his hero. So I think its a very classy move on Williams part... even though I dont really like him...

good god people calm down for crying ou tloud you act as if he is moving in on his girlfriend or something, I think it is a great way to honor ST, I also would have loved for Portis to wear 21 to honor Sean, I mean we can't retire the number on everything forever so who else would you want to wear number 21 for the skins besides Portis? football is football but just because he is a cowboy doesn't make him a non-human he was friggin frnds with ST and I'm sure ST would appreciate such a gesture from a FRIEND ... wow chill out

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Won't be tolerated?

What, EXACTLY, is going to happen because it won't be tolerated?

I think he is doing what he thinks is honoring Sean.

He never said he was as good as Sean. He never said he thought he was better than Sean.

He said he wanted to honor Sean.

Why do some fans think THEY know what should and should not be honoring Sean?

Each of us has handled this tragedy in different ways. The players, whether on the SKINS or other teams, have honored him in their own ways.

he also said as a player he looked up to Sean Taylor.......that to me means Roy really understood how great Sean was. :2cents:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Won't be tolerated?

What, EXACTLY, is going to happen because it won't be tolerated?

I think he is doing what he thinks is honoring Sean.

He never said he was as good as Sean. He never said he thought he was better than Sean.

He said he wanted to honor Sean.

Why do some fans think THEY know what should and should not be honoring Sean?

Each of us has handled this tragedy in different ways. The players, whether on the SKINS or other teams, have honored him in their own ways.

:notworthy:notworthy :notworthy :applause: :applause: :applause:

he also said as a player he looked up to Sean Taylor.......that to me means Roy really understood how great Sean was. :2cents:

Absolutely. Very classy move by Roy to me, and most of us here. Tell your buddies on the Cowboys fan site that we feel that it is very appropriate, and classy.

I know I'll be rooting for #21 to do something come Pro Bowl. :applause:

You know for a board full of people with moronic ideas of making statues of Taylor before our other greats you sure are hypocritical. A guy who is a buddy of Sean's wants to do a REASONABLE honor to him and you shoot it down as if he wants to burn his jersey.

Roy is showing class and I commend him. It's the Pro Bowl, not a regular season game.

True,but if Portis wouldnt wear it then why should they let an outsider wear it.

Portis wouldn't wear it because he thought it would upset the fans because they might think Taylor would still be alive.

Who is "they"?

The NFL doesn't care. The Redskins are going to tell a friend of Taylor's that he can't do something to honor Sean?

Archived