Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB - Roy Williams To Wear #21 In Pro Bowl WTF

TheNewU

Excuse me? Talk about classless.

He doesn't deserve to wear the number. Nobody should be wearing the number. Remember when Portis wanted to wear it? Didn't he choose NOT to do so? How is Williams in any way more deserving than Portis to wear it?

Answer that, please, instead of saying that I'm acting like a punk just because my opinion differs from yours.

It's the Pro Bowl not the regular season. They were buddies and he is repping Sean Taylor as if to say "#21 should be here".

He's not saying he is better than Taylor or anything.

It's not a matter of "deserving" to, it is showing respect to a fallen friend whom he deeply respects.

It's the Pro Bowl not the regular season. They were buddies and he is repping Sean Taylor as if to say "#21 should be here".

It's not a matter of deserving to, it is showing respect to a fallen friend whom he deeply respects.

Agreed! That was a classy move by Roy Williams to do. Putting are rivalry aside and repping ST!:applause:

Totally agree. I hate the patriots even more after they decided not to wear 21 on their helmets

For the love of God...they did wear the sticker for a week. Then, they took it off.

Who? Who did not wear the ribbon?

This Taylor thing is slowly turning Redskins fans into my elderly Italian aunts who liked to act like they were going to crawl into the coffin at funerals.

For the love of God...they did wear the sticker for a week. Then' date=' they took it off.

Who? Who did not wear the ribbon?

This Taylor thing is slowly turning Redskins fans into my elderly Italian aunts who liked to act like they were going to crawl into the coffin at funerals.[/quote']

I'm not crawling into a coffin LKB, however, I do have an issue with a known HGH user and horsecollar cowpuke "representin' OUR team (alive or passed) IN ANY GAME.

Roy can say he is honoring Taylor.........BS...........Roy Williams is scouting for a job and I would :doh: , I would definitely doubt the current or future players AND FANS "welcoming" this type of player into our line.:2cents:

He's not saying he is better than Taylor or anything.

It's not a matter of "deserving" to, it is showing respect to a fallen friend whom he deeply respects.

Nobody should be wearing his jersey.

Nobody takes someone's place like that.

I appreciate the gesture and the thought, and I do believe that they're sincere, but I don't think that it's right for him to wear the number for the same reason that it's not right for Portis to do it like he wanted to.

Do you think the league should retire 21? Is Sean Taylor the new Jackie Robinson?

Idiotic argument.

I'm saying that at the [edit: 2008] Pro Bowl, Taylor's number should not be worn in the free safety position for the NFC.

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

I'm not crawling into a coffin LKB' date=' however, I do have an issue with a known HGH user and horsecollar cowpuke "representin' OUR team (alive or passed) IN ANY GAME.

Roy can say he is honoring Taylor.........BS...........Roy Williams is scouting for a job and I would :doh: , I would definitely doubt the current or future players AND FANS "welcoming" this type of player into our line.:2cents:[/quote']

He's not representin' your team.

First of all, you are not a shareholder.

Secondly, he is honoring his friend - someone he knew and I may point out that you did not know.

Finally, everyone realizes that he is not going to be wearing an actual Redskins' jersey, right? It's the NFC jersey...which is red...or blue...or something. I never pay attention to the Pro Bowl.

Idiotic argument.

I'm saying that at the Pro Bowl, Taylor's number should not be worn in the free safety position for the NFC.

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

Would it be okay if 21 was used by a Cornerback? What about Tomlinson? Is it okay for him to wear it?

I want to know where this bright line is drawn.

And why do you get to use it in your user name?

Sorry but this is disrespectful, Number 1 he is a Dallas Cowboy, Number 2 he isn't and never will be as good as ST and thirdly he is way too fat and slow to even think about it. All he can do is horsecollar because he is always getting burned! I would think we need to send emails out saying this won't be tolerated.
To me, this response illustrates how hypocritical our fanbase is. One week we are all up in arms about a report that said we need to let the Taylor talk rest in peace because it was trashy and we didn't want to do that. But then the next week, a friend of Sean Taylor's and the person selected to replace him in the Pro Bowl wants to honor him and we're ready to cut his head off.

If you agree with the quoted statement, then I hope you also agreed with that classless article, or it would be hypocritical do otherwise. I hate Dallas as much as anybody, but this is a subject that I am willing to overlook team affiliation to analyze. If Ed Reed wanted to honor Taylor by wearing #21, I guarantee that this would have received a different response. We disagreed with that article because it attempted to tell the Redskins how to mourn and honor Sean Taylor. Let's not do the same thing as that writer when we hear about how these players wish to honor him. Every person has their own way of mourning, and let's leave it up to the individuals.

Would it be okay if 21 was used by a Cornerback? What about Tomlinson? Is it okay for him to wear it?

I want to know where this bright line is drawn.

And why do you get to use it in your user name?

You're effing kidding me, right?

Anyone can wear their number.

Nobody should be wearing his number at the Pro Bowl.

My user name has nothing to do with anything. My user name is not to replace Sean's in the ES Pro Bowl.

What the hell is wrong with you today?

As I stated, I think this is a sincere effort to honor Sean's memory. And a good one.I guess what's really important, is how Sean's family, his teammates, and friends feels about it. If they don't have a problem with it, no reason for fans to have one with it.

As I stated, I think this is a sincere effort to honor Sean's memory. And a good one.I guess what's really important, is how Sean's family, his teammates, and friends feels about it. If they don't have a problem with it, no reason for fans to have one with it.

I don't doubt the sincerity. In fact, I appreciate it.

I just don't like the idea at all. I didn't like when Portis was going to do it. Let's MISS Sean. Let's remember that he's NOT out there. I don't ever want to see a 21 in our colors again. It just doesn't feel right to me.

Wow, a lot of you need to chill the heck out. Roy and Sean were buddies from last pro bowl. Roy was the first guy campaigning for the cowpukes to wear something in honor of Taylor. Seriously, just relax. It's getting ridicolous with you guys. Either someone doesn't honor taylor enough or someone is going too far in honoring Taylor. They were friends, let him do as he likes. Did you personally know Taylor? Probably not. Roy Williams did and Portis did and it was portis' decision to not wear it but since Williams is going as Taylors replacement and because he was Taylor's friend, you aren't in any position to say whether or not he should do it or be allowed to do it.

He is honoring Taylor in his own way. Give it a ****ing rest some of you.

I'm with you bud! That's friggin cool. A cowbay paying the biggest honor . If you guys aren't careful, your ganna have some people on here liking............ahhhh nevermind. :silly:

Good job anyway!:applause:

I don't doubt the sincerity. In fact, I appreciate it.

I just don't like the idea at all. I didn't like when Portis was going to do it. Let's MISS Sean. Let's remember that he's NOT out there. I don't ever want to see a 21 in our colors again. It just doesn't feel right to me.

He wont be in our colors, he will be in the probowl colors, with his name on the back, just wearing number 21.

This game isn't about the Redskins/Cowboy rivalry. This is about the best players in the NFL putting on an exhibition. Do people get mad during the pro bowl when Redskins players and Cowboys players are on the field at the same time?

I am not saying you, but if people cannot understand "why" he is doing this, then I really cannot believe you have feelings inside your body, because this isn't about a rivalry to Williams, its about a lost friend.

He wont be in our colors, he will be in the probowl colors, with his name on the back, just wearing number 21.

This game isn't about the Redskins/Cowboy rivalry. This is about the best players in the NFL putting on an exhibition. Do people get mad during the pro bowl when Redskins players and Cowboys players are on the field at the same time?

I am not saying you, but if people cannot understand "why" he is doing this, then I really cannot believe you have feelings inside your body, because this isn't about a rivalry to Williams, its about a lost friend.

He will be wearing the uniform that Taylor should be wearing while playing the position that Taylor should be playing, and that is what I disagree with. Put the sticker on your helmet, drop your ring finger, and that's it. Don't try and let the spirit of Sean Taylor lead you through the game, because it's insulting.

I don't care that he happens to be a horrible safety who plays for the Cowboys. Nobody should be doing it.

Again, I appreciate the gesture, but it's just not the right thing to do.

Archived