Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB - Roy Williams To Wear #21 In Pro Bowl WTF

TheNewU

I'm glad I put off ordering that #21 Pro Bowl Jersey. Williams gesture takes some of the lustre from it.

Well the numbers will be limited, this is obviously the last time it will be made.

It's not like you'll get a 21 Williams jersey with the Cowboys star on it.

The profits will go to the Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund.

I don't see how this gesture by Roy Williams makes Taylor's memorial jersey lose it's lustre.

I was very dissapointed when one was not manufactured last year when he went to Hawaii.

To each thier own.

Totally agree. I hate the patriots even more after they decided not to wear 21 on their helmets

does anyone else find themselves rooting AGAINST any team in the playoffs that doesn't have sean's 21 on their helmet?!?!? I mean it is JUST a sticker... how hard is it to put it on your helmet for the rest of the season?!?!?! that is why I am here to say ..... F the Patriots!

Totally agree. I hate the patriots even more after they decided not to wear 21 on their helmets

Yeah, because you know, THEIR OWN PLAYER DIED IN THE OFFSEASON so I guess that makes them total ****s for not wearing the Taylor sticker.

Portis wearing the number and Williams is too totally different things...Portis wearing it as a REDSKINS jersey and Roy wearing it as a PROBOWL (which is honoring his number) rather than if Portis did (it would just be him and not ST wearing that jersey/number for the last time in a redskins jersey)

Roy Williams said he bacame friends with Taylor last year and if he wants to do it and the family and the Redskins are okay with it.He should than be able to do it.I think he is showing a lot of class here and the people that think he's not don't know what there talking about.

Just when I thought I couldn't be any more disgusted.

If CLINTON PORTIS, Sean's BEST FRIEND, felt it would be wrong to wear his number, then that piece of **** excuse for a safety shouldn't be wearing it either.

I want to vomit.

Well nothing like fans of my team showing what class they don't have.He's doing it to be nice not to be a dick.No need for you to act like a punk over it.

Well nothing like fans of my team showing what class they don't have.He's doing it to be nice not to be a dick.No need for you to act like a punk over it.

Excuse me? Talk about classless.

He doesn't deserve to wear the number. Nobody should be wearing the number. Remember when Portis wanted to wear it? Didn't he choose NOT to do so? How is Williams in any way more deserving than Portis to wear it?

Answer that, please, instead of saying that I'm acting like a punk just because my opinion differs from yours.

mixed feelings on this one buddies... but hell. it would have been nice if he at least asked the FO, joe gibbs, pedro or someone but whatever.

all I know is that Roy sincerely took the death of ST pretty much to heart as we all did. I think his intentions are good, so I guess ill take it. i gotta believe the good in people, GO ROY! (but come next season i'm hatin on your coverage skills and horse collar tackles again. HA!)

I'm not crazy about the idea but I certainly understand it. I would rather someone wear the number to honor Sean than to see some other schmuck wearing it just because that's the number he wore for his team or because his number was taken by someone else.

Yeah, Portis wouldn't wear it because it was his teammate's number. The guys in the Pro Bowl are not all teammates, well except maybe all those freakin Cowboys, so the number is really up for grabs.

Still, if the players themselves really wanted to honor Sean, they would let Pedro wear the number on the field during player intros with no other player wearing the number at all.

Wow, a lot of you need to chill the heck out. Roy and Sean were buddies from last pro bowl. Roy was the first guy campaigning for the cowpukes to wear something in honor of Taylor. Seriously, just relax. It's getting ridicolous with you guys. Either someone doesn't honor taylor enough or someone is going too far in honoring Taylor. They were friends, let him do as he likes. Did you personally know Taylor? Probably not. Roy Williams did and Portis did and it was portis' decision to not wear it but since Williams is going as Taylors replacement and because he was Taylor's friend, you aren't in any position to say whether or not he should do it or be allowed to do it.

He is honoring Taylor in his own way. Give it a ****ing rest some of you.

amen, preach it brother.

Just when I thought I couldn't be any more disgusted.

If CLINTON PORTIS, Sean's BEST FRIEND, felt it would be wrong to wear his number, then that piece of **** excuse for a safety shouldn't be wearing it either.

I want to vomit.

grow up kid

Archived