Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Name me any fighter Pac has ducked in the past.

Zahir Raheem. After Zahir Raheem surprisingly and convincingly beat Erik Morales, Pac should've fought him and didn't. Its one of the reasons Pac has the stigma of not fighting "slick, defensive" boxers.

Back during that time Raheem would've been matchup problem for Manny.

First Take went exactly how I expected 1 is a mayweather fan but knows boxing the other loves PAC.

May 5th has been on the table for 3 months now and still is WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

June 9th is now Arums fight date. MAKE IT STOP PLEASE

Every day it's a different excuse or something now Mayweather is suppose too fight PAC while he's locked up.

Like others have said, May 5 is a date that Mayweather has, not Pac. Again, Arum has a lot of BS (June 9) , but so doesn't Floyd (don't agree to May 5 and that proves who doesn't want the fight).

Zahir Raheem. After Zahir Raheem surprisingly and convincingly beat Erik Morales, Pac should've fought him and didn't. Its one of the reasons Pac has the stigma of not fighting "slick, defensive" boxers.

I don't know that he actually ducked him. Pac and Morales already had their fight scheduled 3 months later.

In fairness, Raheem beat Morales and then was never heard from again basically.

Did he deserves a shot at Manny after beating Morales? Maybe so, though he didn't have any other real names on his resume.

He wasn't much of a name though and wouldn't have been a draw like Manny vs. Morales, even after Morales lost to Raheem. If Raheem had gone on to win couple more notable fights the case for him being ducked would be much stronger.

Edit : Raheem lost his next fight to Acelino Freitas, killing any shot he had with Manny.

Edited by Unforgiven

PAC also only fights people coming off crushing loses, or at weight draining catch weights. May 5 is open it's been open for awhile now for the last 5 years there have been huge fights on or around this date.

In fairness, Raheem beat Morales and then was never heard from again basically.

Did he deserves a shot at Manny after beating Morales? Maybe so, though he didn't have any other real names on his resume.

He wasn't much of a name though and wouldn't have been a draw like Manny vs. Morales, even after Morales lost to Raheem. If Raheem had gone on to win couple more notable fights the case for him being ducked would be much stronger.

Raheem was never heard from again because of 2 factors: 1. he has a style alot of fighters dont like to face & 2. even though he beat Morales, he still didnt have a big name to force fights.

On top of that, Morales' next fight after losing to Raheem was AGAINST Pacquiao.

Raheem basically he got lost in boxing politics. So through no fault of his own, Raheem was essentially blacklisted from big fights. Its never ending cycle, hell look recently to Erislandy Lara. Beat the piss out of Paul Williams, got robbed on the cards, now can't get a decent fighter to step in the ring with him.

Edited by StillUnknown

Pacquiao: Be A Man Mayweather, Fight in Late May.

www.boxingscene.com/team-pacquiao-mayweather-man-fight-late---48380

If the numbers are true, then it's a no brainer.

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 01:52 PM ----------

PAC also only fights people coming off crushing loses, or at weight draining catch weights. May 5 is open it's been open for awhile now for the last 5 years there have been huge fights on or around this date.

And Floyd fights guys that will pose little or no problem. Noticed he never fought a younger Mosley, Cotto, Margarito or Clotty.

Edited by DM72

On top of that, Morales' next fight after losing to Raheem was AGAINST Pacquiao.

Raheem basically he got lost in boxing politics. So through no fault of his own, Raheem was essentially blacklisted from big fights. Its never ending cycle, hell look recently to Erislandy Lara. Beat the piss out of Paul Williams, got robbed on the cards, now can't get a decent fighter to step in the ring with him.

Raheem was supposed to be a warmup fight for Morales, since he already had a scheduled date to fight Pac three months later. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned for Morales.

But to say Pac ducked him, I doubt that. Now if he would have added some names to his hit list, and then called him out.....then you could make an argument.

Just because you call Pac out, doesn't necessarily mean he's ducking you. You could say the same thing for Paulie Malignaggi when he ran his mouth about Pac, but I think everyone would agree that that dude doesn't deserve to get in the ring with Manny.

Raheem was supposed to be a warmup fight for Morales, since he already had a scheduled date to fight Pac three months later. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned for Morales.

But to say Pac ducked him, I doubt that. Now if he would have added some names to his hit list, and then called him out.....then you could make an argument.

Just because you call Pac out, doesn't necessarily mean he's ducking you. You could say the same thing for Paulie Malignaggi when he ran his mouth about Pac, but I think everyone would agree that that dude doesn't deserve to get in the ring with Manny.

Fighter A beats Fighter B, calls out Fighter C

Fighter C decides to Fighter B

Fight A has been ducked.

My boy Eddie Cuffe was the QB back then.

Did Eddie have a younger brother named Jermaine? I went to school with a Jermaine Cuffe

As far as him getting in trouble, them Magic Hollow boys use to be wild, lol.

not as bad as windmill point and twin canal!

Once they opened up Landstown High School, that moved a lot of the section 8 housing neighborhoods out of the Green Run high school district. This is what caused Landstown football program to become a dominant program, and Green Runs to go into the gutter. This is where Percy Harvin came from.

Green Run went to the gutter when our whole coaching staff had to resign after gettting arrested for stealing at Kmart....that was about 4 years before Landstown opened. We also couldn't keep our best athletes academically eligible. There was a WR/RB we had when I was in school who was better than Percy, but he only played his Fresh and Soph years because of grades.

Some other athletes that came from here: Jonathan Gilchrist, Aaron Brooks, Dre Bly, David Wright, David Maclin, Zo, Jr. Reid, ect..........the list goes on.

I remember going to watch Jon Gilchrist play at Salem.....he purposely bounced a free throw off the back board and caught it in the air for the Jam.....coach immediately pulled him out the game and yelled at him! haha

I knew about Zo and Dre, but I didn't know Aaron Brooks and JR. Reid were 757.....JR. Reid makes sense!

But back to boxing, the mere notion of Pac ducking Mayweather is crazy. Pac doesn't have anything to preserve.....like an undefeated record. Mayweather on the other hand, is good for ducking fighters.

Mayweather has always ducked fighters. Manny has always fought all comers

Pacquiao: Be A Man Mayweather, Fight in Late May.

www.boxingscene.com/team-pacquiao-mayweather-man-fight-late---48380

If the numbers are true, then it's a no brainer.

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 01:52 PM ----------

And Floyd fights guys that will pose little or no problem. Noticed he never fought a younger Mosley, Cotto, Margarito or Clotty.

You mean the time when Mayweather challenged Mosley when both was in there prime and Mosley said I HAVE A TOOTH ACHE?? ha

PAC fought Cotto after he was beat by bricks by Margo, and fighting Margo after he was dominated by Mosley without his bricks. Also PAC fought Mosley after Mayweatwr dominated him even though Mosley was begging for the fight 2 years before

You mean the time when Mayweather challenged Mosley when both was in there prime and Mosley said I HAVE A TOOTH ACHE?? ha

PAC fought Cotto after he was beat by bricks by Margo, and fighting Margo after he was dominated by Mosley without his bricks. Also PAC fought Mosley after Mayweatwr dominated him even though Mosley was begging for the fight 2 years before

Did May fight Cotto, Clotty or Margarito? He did fight a smaller Marquez in which May didn't even make the weight. Talk about unprofessional.

Raheem was never heard from again because of 2 factors: 1. he has a style alot of fighters dont like to face & 2. even though he beat Morales, he still didnt have a big name to force fights.

I understand he got lost in the mix, and there are guys with styles that are just unappealing to other fighters.

Just keep in mind that Morales had beaten Manny earlier in the year, so a rematch for those two was inevitable and a fairly big ticket fight. That fight was pretty much set in stone before Raheem ever beat Morales. Raheem then lost his next fight and fell from the ranks, so it was partially his own fault for failing to maintain his status.

I give him credit for beating Morales but it's not like he was a top contender, he was a warmup fight that needed more than 1 big victory to stand atop the division and demand big name fights.

Did May fight Cotto, Clotty or Margarito? He did fight a smaller Marquez in which May didn't even make the weight. Talk about unprofessional.

he also wouldn't fight Paul Williams when he was at welterweight getting ducked by everyone. Mayweather has made a career at 147 trying to fight smaller guys.....Marquez and Hatton come to mind as two of his fake marque fights.

Did Eddie have a younger brother named Jermaine? I went to school with a Jermaine Cuffe

I don't think so. They may be related, but I don't think they are brothers. I can check Facebook since Eddie is on my friends list.

not as bad as windmill point and twin canal!

You ain't lying about that. They've renovated the outside of the apartments and twin canal, but that place is still rotten to the core, lol.

Green Run went to the gutter when our whole coaching staff had to resign after gettting arrested for stealing at Kmart....that was about 4 years before Landstown opened. We also couldn't keep our best athletes academically eligible. There was a WR/RB we had when I was in school who was better than Percy, but he only played his Fresh and Soph years because of grades.

I think I know who you're talking about, but I have to think of his name.

I remember going to watch Jon Gilchrist play at Salem.....he purposely bounced a free throw off the back board and caught it in the air for the Jam.....coach immediately pulled him out the game and yelled at him! haha

Thats where I went to high school. Gilchrist was supposed to be the man at Maryland, but kind fell off after a great freshman year.

We actually had a beast ass running back name Kevin Waley. He broke the state rushing yards record his senior year, and was supposed to be the next big thing coming out of Va Beach. But he ended up getting shot in the leg at some club of S.Plaza before his freshman year at Minnesota. He ends up getting into a couple of altercations and suspended from the University. Sad story. And he was Bridle Creek, which explains a lot.

I knew about Zo and Dre, but I didn't know Aaron Brooks and JR. Reid were 757.....JR. Reid makes sense!

My boy used to claim that was his cousin, but never provided any proof....lol.

I actually saw him riding a hog at the ocean front near Harpoon Larry's, pretty cool dude.

Some other notables: Deangelo Hall, Ryan Zimmerman, Joe Smith, Justin Verlander (from Richmond but ODU alumni)

Mayweather has always ducked fighters. Manny has always fought all comers

Could we add Vernon Forrest (RIP) to the list of fighters Mayweather wanted no parts of?

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 02:30 PM ----------

PAC fought Mosley after Mayweatwr dominated him even though Mosley was begging for the fight 2 years before

Pac fought Hatton and De La Hoya after Mayweather beat them too.

The difference is that Pac put Hatton to sleep in the 2nd, and made Oscar quit in the 8th.

Edited by tone_dubbz

I don't think so. They may be related, but I don't think they are brothers. I can check Facebook since Eddie is on my friends list.

You ain't lying about that. They've renovated the outside of the apartments and twin canal, but that place is still rotten to the core, lol.

I think I know who you're talking about, but I have to think of his name.

Thats where I went to high school. Gilchrist was supposed to be the man at Maryland, but kind fell off after a great freshman year.

We actually had a beast ass running back name Kevin Waley. He broke the state rushing yards record his senior year, and was supposed to be the next big thing coming out of Va Beach. But he ended up getting shot in the leg at some club of S.Plaza before his freshman year at Minnesota. He ends up getting into a couple of altercations and suspended from the University. Sad story. And he was Bridle Creek, which explains a lot.

My boy used to claim that was his cousin, but never provided any proof....lol.

I actually saw him riding a hog at the ocean front near Harpoon Larry's, pretty cool dude.

Some other notables: Deangelo Hall, Ryan Zimmerman, Joe Smith, Justin Verlander (from Richmond but ODU alumni)

Could we add Vernon Forrest (RIP) to the list of fighters Mayweather wanted no parts of?

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 02:30 PM ----------

Pac fought Hatton and De La Hoya after Mayweather beat them too.

The difference is that Pac put Hatton to sleep in the 2nd, and made Oscar quit in the 8th.

Key word after!! Don't talk about Osar, PAC fought him at 147 a weight Oscar was completely drained at he had too get a IV 30 minutes before the fight. Hatton I give credit too even though Mayweather beat him when he was undefeated and not exposed.

Boxing is a one on one sport, Mayweather can only fight one person at a time. Hahahah Vernon Forrest, Joshua Clottley? Vernon Forrest was in his prime in the early 2000s when Mayweather was at lightweight. When they were both at Welter Mayweather fought Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya and Hatton while Forrest fought Quartey, Baldomir, Piccilrrilo and Mora twice before passing away. Can you imagine if Mayweather turned down a De La Hoya or Hatton fight to fight a 36 year old Vernon Forrest? We would never hear the end of it hahaha

If you think Mayweather ducked Clottey then idk what to tell you, Clottey fails to do the one thing Mayweather wants, draw money. He is also stylistically a bad fight for Mayweather. The Clottey-Pacquaio "fight" is probably one of the worst fights in Pay Per View history that went to a decision. A Mayweather-Clottey fight would've been an absolute snoozefest.

Personally I think Margarito is absolute trash and shouldn't be allowed to step foot in the ring ever again. If Mayweather did in fact duck him, good **** him.

Mayweather-Cotto has always been a dream match of mine and I still hold out hope that it could it happen...one day.

Hopefully Arum gets his **** together and he can make this fight. The whole May 5, late May, indoors, outdoors, purse take, its all noise. At the end of the day the public deserves this fight and its time to get it done.

Key word after!! Don't talk about Osar, PAC fought him at 147 a weight Oscar was completely drained at he had too get a IV 30 minutes before the fight. Hatton I give credit too even though Mayweather beat him when he was undefeated and not exposed.

Catch weight or not, ODLH would have gotten whooped regardless. Pac was nailing him with the straight left without setting it up with the jab. That was just pure speed. Had DLH been fully hydrated and not need and IV, I think the results would have been the same. Pac was just too quick for him. Blame that on DLH for taking the fight at catch weight.

I think everyone knew Hatton lacked head movement and was at a disadvantage when it came to speed......even before Mayweather beat him.

Boxing is a one on one sport, Mayweather can only fight one person at a time. Hahahah Vernon Forrest, Joshua Clottley? Vernon Forrest was in his prime in the early 2000s when Mayweather was at lightweight. When they were both at Welter Mayweather fought Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya and Hatton while Forrest fought Quartey, Baldomir, Piccilrrilo and Mora twice before passing away. Can you imagine if Mayweather turned down a De La Hoya or Hatton fight to fight a 36 year old Vernon Forrest? We would never hear the end of it hahaha

If you think Mayweather ducked Clottey then idk what to tell you, Clottey fails to do the one thing Mayweather wants, draw money. He is also stylistically a bad fight for Mayweather. The Clottey-Pacquaio "fight" is probably one of the worst fights in Pay Per View history that went to a decision. A Mayweather-Clottey fight would've been an absolute snoozefest.

Personally I think Margarito is absolute trash and shouldn't be allowed to step foot in the ring ever again. If Mayweather did in fact duck him, good **** him.

Mayweather-Cotto has always been a dream match of mine and I still hold out hope that it could it happen...one day.

No one would doubt that Floyd is a better boxer than Clotty. But Clotty is a solid 147-154. The kind of fighter Floyd has made a living avoiding. And Clotty's not exactly a bum. As for Margarito. Floyd was dodging him way before the scandle of his wraps.

Catch weight or not, ODLH would have gotten whooped regardless. Pac was nailing him with the straight left without setting it up with the jab. That was just pure speed. Had DLH been fully hydrated and not need and IV, I think the results would have been the same. Pac was just too quick for him. Blame that on DLH for taking the fight at catch weight.

I think everyone knew Hatton lacked head movement and was at a disadvantage when it came to speed......even before Mayweather beat him.

PAC may would have beat him but Oscar was a zombie he was super slow and he couldn't even move PAC. On fight night Oscar was 146 and PAC was I think 148, it was said that Oscar was pushing 170 when he fought Mayweather big difference.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/01/bob-arum-speaks-out-to-explain-whole.html

..."Arum pointed out that “in order to maximize revenues from the fight you have to have a stadium larger than the MGM Grand which holds 16,500. The people in Las Vegas, the Wynn and the Venetian who have tremendous resources, want to put a stadium up across the street from their properties. They can put up a temporary stadium for 45,000 people. The guy who built the temporary stadium when Larry Holmes and Gerry Cooney fought years ago is available now to build a temporary stadium. But that wouldn’t be ready with any degree of certainty in the beginning of May but it would be available at the end of May.”

Arum said “the economic difference is tremendous. If we did it on May 5 we will be limited to the MGM Grand we would probably do a record gate of $20 million. If we did it in this new temporary arena we would do a gate of around $60 million so the difference even if you take off the cost of building the structure ($7 million) which would be amortized over two years, is a minimum of $40 million. Its an extra $20 million for each fighter which is a lot of money. But that’s a choice the fighters have to make.” ...

So that's part of Arum's reasoning on wanting to push it to the end of May. (Yes, only part)

If Extreme Makeover Home Edition can build a 5,000 sqft house in 7 days, these bastages can build a temporary facility for this fight lol

If Extreme Makeover Home Edition can build a 5,000 sqft house in 7 days, these bastages can build a temporary facility for this fight lol

First off don't always believe what you see on TV, typically a house (ANY HOUSE) is built QUICKLY in 3 months, longer pending on size, etc but if it's cookie cutter as those can be then 3 months is good speed.

If you have any sort of idea what rules/regulations/etc. that must be followed for any sort of public construction you would know that it is a far drastic difference in residential dwelling than a public "arena"

I'm not saying money doesn't fix problems or ensure someone can or can't do it, but, obviously if you pay more you have the ability to allow for more hiring, possibly quicker shipment of material, etc. Ultimately I think to build a "temporary facility" that seats 45,000 could be constructed in 4 to 5 months yeah that's probably doable and more likely doable by the end of May as Arum said since we're losing time as each day passes.

The accurate subject is do they want to make the fight not whether or not you can build a venue in the time especially if you don't know anything about a construction process.

From all reports, we should know something in the next 48 hours. Don't get your hopes up. I believe Manny wants to fight Floyd, but he won't be allowed to fight him. Even though Floyd is partially to blame, Manny's rep is gonna take a massive hit if he chose to fight someone else.

With that being said, if Manny agrees to fight, not on May 5, but in late May, it's up to Floyd to bend a little.