Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I think they fight again. There's just too much bad blood to leave it tied at 1-1

I'm sure Margarito would love another fight, but like they mentioned during the post-fight....Cotto is probably going to be setup for a bigger fight.

I can't imagine a third fight being much different than this one, it only takes one shot to win but point-wise it was over before the stoppage. It seems the majority of the boxing world tend to discredit the first fight because everyone knows Margarito is a cheater.

Exactly. Margarito was still throwing punches.

If you can't see, the fight should be stopped end of story. Especially in a fight in which the fighter wasn't particularly competitive.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 01:04 AM ----------

I hope they don't fight again, Margarito doesn't deserve the payday. He hasn't done much in his career outside of the first Cotto win which is tainted as hell. **** him, let him rot in mexico fighting bums.

If you can't see, the fight should be stopped end of story. Especially in a fight in which the fighter wasn't particularly competitive.

That's the thing with boxing, these kind of things vary so wildly from state to state. I've seen so many fights where a guy fought 5-6 rounds with an eye totally swollen shut.

He was losing, but he was still competing. I'm.all for stopping fights when a guy is getting his head beat in, but this wasn't the case.

That's the thing with boxing, these kind of things vary so wildly from state to state. I've seen so many fights where a guy fought 5-6 rounds with an eye totally swollen shut.

I'm for erring on the side of caution when it comes to fighter safety. Rather see a fight stopped a round too soon, than a round too late. Although in Margarito's case, I could really care less about his safety. :ols:

I'm for erring on the side of caution when it comes to fighter safety. Rather see a fight stopped a round too soon, than a round too late. Although in Margarito's case, I could really care less about his safety. :ols:

Yeah, most unlikeable boxer of his generation. I had to laugh in the post fight interview with his right eye beaten shut and the other one swollen when he looked at the camera after losing and said Cotto hits like a girl...hah.

Khan_vs_peterson_poster_medium.jpg

Saturday :cool:

Wlad had a kidney stone removed, so...

Michael Buffer will be calling the main event, while my man Henry "Discombobulating" Jones will be doing the undercard :)

Congrats to Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson for being selected to the Int'l Boxing Hall of Fame :applause:

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm visible again:

-Capital Showdown was FUN, FUN, FUN. Mitchell PULVERIZED Timur. As for the main event (congrats Lamont!), I actually thought Lamont won more rounds. Controversy or not, a DAMN good fight (even though I was mainly watching it on the screen since the sight wasn't that good).

Mayweather plead guilty to some of his recent charges, got sentenced to 6months jail, with 3 months suspended starting in January. Obviously eliminates any chance of him fighting on May 5th.

That leaves Pac with a rematch with JMM or Timothy Bradely now that he's with Top Rank.

Edited by StillUnknown

Mayweather is full of **** and you guys buy into it. Does anybody believes that he didn't know he was probably gonna get 3 months when he made May 5th the day he and Pac would fight? He came out and put the ball in Pac's court knowing full well that he wasn't gonna be available May 5th and just about everyone bought it. Dude does not want to fight Pacquiao.

At this point I almost don't care about the fight.

Me neither. I know exactly what's gonna happen. Mayweather's only gonna fight Pac after he's had one too many tough fights. He's making damn sure he not gonna fight the best Pacquiao.

• 3 weeks later...

@ChrisMannixSI

Chris Mannix

Amazing. A judge has granted @FloydMayweather's request to fight on May 5th and report to jail on June 1st.

nice to see domestic abusers being accommodated. :rolleyes:

@ChrisMannixSI

Chris Mannix

Mayweather won't be fighting Manny Pacquiao May 5th. Arum says Pacquiao won't be ready until June. Cotto has to be a possibility.

Edited by StillUnknown

Bob Arum doesn't want to expose Manny to the beating Floyd would give him. Arum spent months taking Mayweather to task for "ducking" Pacquaio. Now with this stroke of good luck and incredible good fortune given to Floyd, Arum would've been in the prime position to take advantage. Arum never wanted Mayweather to fight Pac, let's just face it. Arum will manipulate Pacquaio into believing he needs to fight Marquez for a 4th fight. Even though Pac won the first three.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7432860/floyd-mayweather-jr-avoids-jail-time-june

http://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn

:helmet:

@danrafaelespn

Dan Rafael

Arum sounded very surprised by the news of Mayweather's continuance. Says now Manny "likely" to go in June. Didnt sound interested in Floyd.

No surprise there. I thought he was looking for May before this continuance was granted. :ols:, just proves that Arum is full of it.

yep once it was though that Mayweather would be in jail, he proposed a 4th fight with Marquez on May 5th to Pacquiao.

Which doesn't erase the controversy of the previous fights, if Pac does fight Marquez on May 5th what will it really prove? Arum knows that Mayweather would expose Pac.