Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

You guys are unbeleivable

3 ****ing years of games played on both sides it's time too get too buisness. Mayweather has May 5th open and granted by the judge so there's going too be a fight May 5 and if it's not PAC its only one person too blame for that and that's Pac. Keep it real guys enough is enough its the best chance we have too see these guys finally fight.

Mayweather layers down the challenge

Floyd can fight anytime in May. Again, Pac has given in to Floyd's ridiculous drug testing demands and to take less money. Time for Floyd to bend.

Floyd can fight anytime in May. Again, Pac has given in to Floyd's ridiculous drug testing demands and to take less money. Time for Floyd to bend.

The fight if there is one is 50-50

Why can't PAC fight May 5th? Mayweather is going too jail June first you want a guy too have a fight then go too jail that's stupid. I think PAC knows he is going too lose and may even get shut out.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/01/bob-arum-speaks-out-to-explain-whole.html

..."Arum pointed out that “in order to maximize revenues from the fight you have to have a stadium larger than the MGM Grand which holds 16,500. The people in Las Vegas, the Wynn and the Venetian who have tremendous resources, want to put a stadium up across the street from their properties. They can put up a temporary stadium for 45,000 people. The guy who built the temporary stadium when Larry Holmes and Gerry Cooney fought years ago is available now to build a temporary stadium. But that wouldn’t be ready with any degree of certainty in the beginning of May but it would be available at the end of May.”

Arum said “the economic difference is tremendous. If we did it on May 5 we will be limited to the MGM Grand we would probably do a record gate of $20 million. If we did it in this new temporary arena we would do a gate of around $60 million so the difference even if you take off the cost of building the structure ($7 million) which would be amortized over two years, is a minimum of $40 million. Its an extra $20 million for each fighter which is a lot of money. But that’s a choice the fighters have to make.” ...

So that's part of Arum's reasoning on wanting to push it to the end of May. (Yes, only part)

Edited by Unforgiven

That's bull**** that guy is the king of excuses he has had plenty time too build that make believe stadium, Mayweather called out PAC 3 months so a week before Marquez fight. If Arum was so set on this make believe stadium those plans could already be done.

Arum excuse just a day ago was Pacs cut over his eye won't heal in time. That tiny ass cut PAC suffered vs Marquez takes 6 months too heal huh? Now it's this 40k stadium that Arum wants too build outside yeah right.

And too the bull**** beating wife comments, I am really starting too believe Pacquio fans are scared of this fight happening.

That's bull**** that guy is the king of excuses he has had plenty time too build that make believe stadium, Mayweather called out PAC 3 months so a week before Marquez fight. If Arum was so set on this make believe stadium those plans could already be done.

Arum excuse just a day ago was Pacs cut over his eye won't heal in time. That tiny ass cut PAC suffered vs Marquez takes 6 months too heal huh? Now it's this 40k stadium that Arum wants too build outside yeah right.

And too the bull**** beating wife comments, I am really starting too believe Pacquio fans are scared of this fight happening.

"Bull**** beating wife comments?" I believe StillUnknown is more of a May fan than a Pac fan. You really buy into Floyd's BS. He only called out "the little fella" on the week of Pac's fight with Marquez just to grab some of the attention away. I admit, Arum has a lot of BS. At least I'll admit it. But you buy into all of Floyd's BS and even go as far to defend him for beating his ex in front of their kids.

Not sure how you can say "bull**** beating wife comments", the dude plead guilty, he's defenseless in this instance.

"Bull**** beating wife comments?" I believe StillUnknown is more of a May fan than a Pac fan. You really buy into Floyd's BS. He only called out "the little fella" on the week of Pac's fight with Marquez just to grab some of the attention away. I admit, Arum has a lot of BS. At least I'll admit it. But you buy into all of Floyd's BS and even go as far to defend him for beating his ex in front of their kids.

Not really fan of Mayweather, I'm more of a fan of style in which he fights. That kind of defensive brilliance is probably the hardest thing to master in boxing and he's done it. Pernell Whitaker is my all-time favorite boxer so I've always trended towards those who can stand in front of somebody and make their opponent's 6 punch combo hit nothing but air.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I suppose.

You can't get upset though with people pointing out why Mayweather is yapping about May 5th, he's going to jail. Hitting women is never cool, beating the mother of your children in front of them can't be defended. He deserves all the comments he gets for doing that.

Personally, I'm not 'scared" for the fight to happen, it's the only fight in boxing right now that I want to see happen. If you ever watch a Mayweather 24/7, all the guy does it talk **** about making money and how much he gets paid. The guy views it as a business and the best business move is to fight at the end of May where they can make the most off the fight. Don't be so quick to buy into his latest trick of trying to pretend if they don't fight on May 5th it's because anyone is scared of him. He already tried to make up lies about Manny being on steroids and got sued for it, then didn't have the balls to show up and defend himself on it when the time came.

First Take went exactly how I expected 1 is a mayweather fan but knows boxing the other loves PAC.

May 5th has been on the table for 3 months now and still is WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

June 9th is now Arums fight date. MAKE IT STOP PLEASE

Every day it's a different excuse or something now Mayweather is suppose too fight PAC while he's locked up.

First Take went exactly how I expected 1 is a mayweather fan but knows boxing the other loves PAC.

May 5th has been on the table for 3 months now and still is WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

June 9th is now Arums fight date. MAKE IT STOP PLEASE

Every day it's a different excuse or something now Mayweather is suppose too fight PAC while he's locked up.

Mayweather hasn't been calling him out for months in public to fight on May 5th, he only got loud a few days ago because there is a hard window there now and it's an issue of 'accept it then or it can't happen and it's all on you!' type thing. The date of May 5th has been there for months because it was Mayweather's next scheduled date to fight whoever, Manny never had anything scheduled then because he fought 2 months after Mayweather's last fight.

Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Bob Arum but we'll see what gets settled. In the end the reason that 3-4 weeks is such a big deal is because of Mayweather himself and what he did. I realize it's his personal life but his personal life is what caused this issue.

months ago
please skip too 7:50

That video again? No one takes that seriously because he's at a family gathering just talking ****. Again, that was just Floyd being Floyd. And again, up until yesterday, he never "officially" called him out. Why do you think those comments he made on twitter have been covered by everybody?

Edited by DM72

months ago
please skip too 7:50

I'm sorry, but put Mayweather in front of a camera and he'll say anything, it's his personality. It's a big difference between sitting around drinking with friends, one of whom has a camera, and actually sitting down and hammering out details to get a fight made.

Manny was pushing him to fight years ago and all you heard was "blood test this" and "blood test that" and Mayweather going on and on about the only way he could win all those belts was to cheat. Then he gets called out on it and shuts up and moves on to his latest thing.

Like I said, May 5th was his scheduled date for months....someone asks him about Manny and of course he starts talking. Talk is all Mayweather does, talk talk talk talk.

I ain't defending him beating his wife I really don't give a **** it's not my buisness. I want too see the fight do you? Then what the hell is wrong with May 5? Build a temp bs stadium for the rematch when he gets out of jail.

that's because you've got about as much class as a pre-schooler.

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 12:07 PM ----------

Pernell Whitaker is my all-time favorite boxer .

me too...hometown boy from the 757!

No doubt. He lived like 5 minutes from my house. My pops use to deliver his mail.

Back in high school, I worked at Sbarro's inside Lynnhaven Mall. Sweatpea walked in with 10 guys from his entourage (trainers), we fed there whole crew for free. This was after the Julio Cesar Chavez fight, where Sweatpea got jerked.

He signed my sneaker for me.

Not sure if you guys remember Micheal Moorer, but he lived in the 757. I went to school with his younger brother Gerald. We use to hangout in front of his fatass crib. Dude had like 4 different Land Cruisers in his drive way.

*another fun fact (not really boxing), Brandon "the truth" Vera is from here too.

Edited by tone_dubbz

that's because you've got about as much class as a pre-schooler.

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 12:07 PM ----------

There it go I was waiting for the personal insults too start rolling in. Don't talk about me talk about PAC being scared too make the fight

No doubt. He lived like 5 minutes from my house. My pops use to deliver his mail.

Back in high school, I worked at Sbarro's inside Lynnhaven Mall. Sweatpea walked in with 10 guys from his entourage (trainers), we fed there whole crew for free. This was after the Julio Cesar Chavez fight, where Sweatpea got jerked.

He signed my sneaker for me.

Not sure if you guys remember Micheal Moorer, but he lived in the 757. I went to school with his younger brother Gerald. We use to hangout in front of his fatass crib. Dude had like 4 different Land Cruisers in his drive way.

*another fun fact (not really boxing), Brandon "the truth" Vera is from here too.

I didn't know Micheal Moorer was 757; I knew Vera was.

We've got a ton of athletes. Plax Burress went to my high school, although I got their a year after he graduated. We seem to have a bunch of thugs who get in trouble though.....

Sweat Pea w/ the drugs, Vick with the dog fighting, AI with the bowling Alley, Plex with the gun in the night club.....sure I'm missing a few.

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

There it go I was waiting for the personal insults too start rolling in. Don't talk about me talk about PAC being scared too make the fight

you said you don't care about a guy beating up his wife....so I was just stating the obvious.

It isn't about Manny.....if you think that, you are dumber than I originally though. All of this is about the promoters....it always is. Floyd is just running his mouth as always to try to make Manny's camp look bad. I'd be willing to bet once Manny's camp agrees to the fight, they are going to have a dispute on the split.

I didn't know Micheal Moorer was 757; I knew Vera was.

We've got a ton of athletes. Plax Burress went to my high school, although I got their a year after he graduated. We seem to have a bunch of thugs who get in trouble though.....

Sweat Pea w/ the drugs, Vick with the dog fighting, AI with the bowling Alley, Plex with the gun in the night club.....sure I'm missing a few.

Not to get off the boxing topic, but I remember watching Plax.......play basketball too. My boy Eddie Cuffe was the QB back then.

As far as him getting in trouble, them Magic Hollow boys use to be wild, lol.

Once they opened up Landstown High School, that moved a lot of the section 8 housing neighborhoods out of the Green Run high school district. This is what caused Landstown football program to become a dominant program, and Green Runs to go into the gutter. This is where Percy Harvin came from.

Some other athletes that came from here: Jonathan Gilchrist, Aaron Brooks, Dre Bly, David Wright, David Maclin, Zo, Jr. Reid, ect..........the list goes on.

But back to boxing, the mere notion of Pac ducking Mayweather is crazy. Pac doesn't have anything to preserve.....like an undefeated record. Mayweather on the other hand, is good for ducking fighters.

Don't talk about me talk about PAC being scared too make the fight

Name me any fighter Pac has ducked in the past.

Edited by tone_dubbz