Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Manny v Mayweather would be interesting indeed because for the first time in their careers they won't be able to count on hand speed as huge advantages. Mayweather is slightly faster but not nearly as much as he's used to being. Manny has better power IMO but Mayweather has superior defense.

That fight needs to happen.

Thanks.

Interesting.

What was the deal with Mosely coming to the ring tonight then? They made it seem like Floyd had been ducking him for a while.

he did that to try and get a buzz for a fight with Mayweather because he knows that the next logical mega-fight is Mayweather vs. the winner of Cotto/Pacquiao

this was a desperate attempt of mosely to insert himself into a megafight that he has little chance of landing.

shane's not getting any younger, he wants the payday that fight with Mayweather would generate. this was a last ditch hope of getting it. it wont work.

Mayweather vs. Cotto/Pacquaio winner is the biggest $$$$ fight that can be made in boxing right now

Edited by StillUnknown

the final punchstats numbers for this are almost unbelievable

mayweather: 290/493 for 59 percent (which includes jabs: 185/316 for 59%)

marquez: 69/583 for 12 percent (which includes jabs: 21/288 for 7%)

for some perspective, a connection rate of 40% is usually considered to be a good night for a fighter. the fact that mayweather is right near 60% and marquez couldn't get to 15% is a testament to floyd's defense & accuracy. the combination makes him an incredibly difficult puzzle to solve

marquez is considered by many (myself included) to be the 2nd best pure boxing technician behind Mayweather and he couldn't come close to landing on mayweather who has been absent from the sport for 23 months

those numbers ridiculous

Edited by StillUnknown

What a ***** move by Kellerman. His ego is too big to let Mayweather and Mosley liven up the night so he just ends his interview because Mayweather does what he usually does. If I was the person in charge I'd make sure he never does that again or find a replacement quickly.

Edited by jnhay

Kellerman is turning into a *****. He's been shameful the last month.

lol @ this buffoon Mosley. How can this idiot call out Mayweather when Mayweather was begging him for a fight in 04 but Mosley backed down because of a "toothache" (later revealed that his wife didn't want him to fight).

He turned it down to fight Jose Luis Cruz, a busted Vargas (in which he pubically turned it down, as shown in the vid above), Luis Collazo. In that order. Come on Shane, don't try it, you had the perfect chance and ducked.

Mayweather gets the winner of Cotto/Pacquiao in April of '10. Mosley can go look for like Joshua Clottley.

I just hope the Pac/Cotto fight is better. I'm praying that Pacman wins because I want to see Pac/Mayweather soooo bad. But anyway, this fight was boring. But I have to give props to Mayweather. I thought he would be a little rusty coming off a 2 year layoff. He was as slick as ever.

No respect at all for Mayweather. He makes JMM come up 3 weightclasses and still comes in overweight. And still can't get the KO. Shane would destroy Mayweather.

Dude, please... Mayweather was still faster and JMM couldn't hit a bigger fighter..he landed 12% of his punches, nice try.

WOW!!! Mayweather is very impressive he is #1 pound for pound with out question, his defense is the best since Pernell and might be better. Pernell head movement was great and his ducking, but the way Mayweather can use his shoulders and gloves with his head movement gets he nod in my book.

WOW!!! Mayweather is very impressive he is #1 pound for pound with out question, his defense is the best since Pernell and might be better. Pernell head movement was great and his ducking, but the way Mayweather can use his shoulders and gloves with his head movement gets he nod in my book.

i can count on my fingers the amount of times i've seen floyd get his flush in the face.

Mayweather, Whitaker, & Willie Pep (not necessarily in that order) are the best defensively boxing has ever seen

yep. one of the greatest amateurs in boxing's history. he's training with freddie roach now (who seems to be training everybody). so far in his 3 fights, he's shown that he can be a lethal counterpuncher. i haven't seen him initiate offense in the fight yet though. with his handspeed, and amateur pedigree, he should be able to bait his opponents into bad situations. i would like to see him more aggressive in his future fights. he's a special talent though.

DLH won at most 4 rounds in that fight, but thats not the reason JMM shouldn't use that strategy. JMM doesn't fight like DLH, i'm not even sure his hands are fast enough to employ that kind of strategy.

you need to go back and watch that fight again....that was a 115-113 fight