Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I felt sorry for Max. haha

Floyd vs. Shane would be a great fight. Just as good a fight as Pac Man vs Floyd.

It would be a better fight than manny-Mayweather. It would be the first time Mayweather has fought someone in his own weight class that wasn't washed up.

I don't think Floyd wants any part of shane though too much risk the antics at the end of the fight though might have garnered interest in the boxing comunity. They are going to promote the heck out of it.

you are correct. Floyd wants no part of any good fighters in his division.

It would be a better fight than manny-Mayweather. It would be the first time Mayweather has fought someone in his own weight class that wasn't washed up.

floyd wanted shane 4 years ago, shane wanted a vacation. lol

How do y'all think Floyd would do against the sheer volume of Punisher? Punisher made Winky look weak.

i literally have no idea how this one would play out. paul hasn't been at 147 in a very long time, i know his people say he can still make it, but nobody knows how he would look after not having to cut the weight in such a long time

then there's the images of him being soundly outboxed by quitana in the first fight (which i think everybody writes off as an off night for paul). then again, i'm not sure how floyd handles that monstrous reach advantage paul would have.

i would love to see the fight, but it will never happen. the welterweight division has virtually expelled the punisher, nobody will fight him at 147. i dont think we'll ever see him at that weight again.

Edited by StillUnknown

I beg the difference...didn't Floyd Mayweather tried to fight Shane Moseley when he (Mayweather) was up and coming and Moseley was at his prime?

Edited by dcsmooth

WOW!!! Mayweather is very impressive he is #1 pound for pound with out question, his defense is the best since Pernell and might be better. Pernell head movement was great and his ducking, but the way Mayweather can use his shoulders and gloves with his head movement gets he nod in my book.

you are judging by his victory over a guy who fights three weight classes under him....and Mayweather came in over weight (as a previous poster stated)

I want him to fight Paul Williams, Cotto, or Mosley....then I'll give him a little bit of credit.

i've watched it at least a dozen times, i always end up scoring 8rounds to 4, 116-112

well I'm not sure how you came up with that one. I'm not going to use the Judge's split decision as proof the fight was closer than you scored (because judges are awful these days)

but I can't stand either fighter....and I had it 115-113. A friend of mine who used to be a top amateur boxer (had a family and decided not to go pro) he is also a trainer...knows the game well...he is also a mayweather fan.....

he had the fight a draw.

I beg the difference...didn't Floyd Mayweather tried to fight Shane Moseley when he (Mayweather) was up and coming and Moseley was at his prime?

I've seen stillunkown say that many times....he is usually correct when it comes to boxing....but I don't buy this one.

I'm not saying Mayweather might have called him out (as many young fighters do) or what happened, but I seriously doubt shane dodged him.

but as of right now....they are the best two fighters in the welterweight division....one of them is willing to fight....if the other one isn't...that is straight up pathetic.

I've seen stillunkown say that many times....he is usually correct when it comes to boxing....but I don't buy this one.

I'm not saying Mayweather might have called him out (as many young fighters do) or what happened, but I seriously doubt shane dodged him.

but as of right now....they are the best two fighters in the welterweight division....one of them is willing to fight....if the other one isn't...that is straight up pathetic.

shane mosley ducks a fight with floyd mayweather

it mosley's post fight interview after the Vargas fight. Larry Merchant presses him about a fight with Mayweather and Mosley comes up with a few different reasons why he wont take the fight

it was probably a weight issue....Mosley had fought a few fights at 154 and Mayweather probably wanted to fight at 147.....right now they are both at 147

From Boxing Along The Beltway:

ESPN.com's Dan Rafael is reporting that WBO Interim Junior Welterweight champion Lamont Peterson's title bout against WBO champion Timothy Bradley has been pushed back one week to Saturday, December 12 at the Aqua Caliente Resort in Rancho Mirage, CA.

This is probably better for the contest -- which will be televised on Showtime -- because the new date means that a head-to-head showing against the Paul Williams-Kelly Pavlik bout on HBO December 5 will be avoided.

According to Rafael, there is an interesting situation with the issue of money. Originally, Peterson was supposed to receive the lion's share of a 60-40 split of the purse due to a WBO rule that stated if a fighter goes to the other boxer's home town or country, that fighter receives the bigger piece of the purse. The WBO then amended that rule and decided on a 50-50 split. However, the promoter of the bout, Gary Shaw, protested.

Shaw tells Rafael that there was an "appeals process" via a teleconference call involving Bradley co-managers Cameron Dunkin and Michael Miller, Carl Moretti of Top Rank (who represented Peterson) and a representative from the WBO. The WBO used yet another rule that said in a fight where an interim titleholder faces a titleholder, the split is decided based on a formula that takes the last three purses earned by each boxer.

Because Bradley, who has appeared on Showtime extensively more than Peterson, had earned more money, the WBO ruled in his favor and gave him an approximate 75-25 split of the purse.

God I love boxing politics :rolleyes:

i dont think peterson will win, but i think he'll give bradley some trouble. he'll probably lose a close decision.

its a good matchup though.

Bradley is a sharp fighter, I'll take him in this one. I'd like to see Bradley fight Berto, I don't know if either fighter could come up or down and still be affective, but I think it would be a good fight.

Bradley is a sharp fighter, I'll take him in this one. I'd like to see Bradley fight Berto, I don't know if either fighter could come up or down and still be affective, but I think it would be a good fight.

if mosley doesnt get mayweather, which he probably wont, he'll be fighting Berto in January

the Mosley/Clottey bout got scrapped after the pavlik/punisher fight got rescheduled

Edited by StillUnknown

That fight will say a lot about Berto; whether he is a top notch fighter or not.

he needs to abandon that holding and clinching he's fell in love with lately. mosley has had trouble in the past with people who decided to box him (Forrest, Winky, & to an extent Cotto).

if berto can improve his boxing and work his insane handspeed, i would give him a slight chance to beat mosley.

i would root for him, but i dont think he can beat mosley now

a few different sources are saying the PPV did close to 1mil buys

gotta hand it to floyd if those numbers are true, he knows how to promote a PPV

More like Golden boy productions knows how to hype a fight. 24/7 is a great show. BTW Shane said he wanted to fight Floyd the following year in your link. I would like you to now show me a link where Floyd himself has EVER said he wants any part of Shane?????

More like Golden boy productions knows how to hype a fight. 24/7 is a great show. BTW Shane said he wanted to fight Floyd the following year in your link. I would like you to now show me a link where Floyd himself has EVER said he wants any part of Shane?????

(2005 after his fight with henry brussles, floyd said he wanted to fight Shane)

and floyd pitched the idea of 24/7 as a way to hype his fight with De La Hoya.

he needs to abandon that holding and clinching he's fell in love with lately. mosley has had trouble in the past with people who decided to box him (Forrest, Winky, & to an extent Cotto).

if berto can improve his boxing and work his insane handspeed, i would give him a slight chance to beat mosley.

i would root for him, but i dont think he can beat mosley now

I will be rooting for Berto as well, but like you said, I don't think he can beat Mosley right now.

Never would have thought this PPV would do those numbers. 24/7 is one of the best ideas HBO ever had.

I've never watched 24/7, but I plan to watch the cotto-pacman series

...on a side note:

I wonder how many people (like me) refer to pacquiao as Pacman because they can never remember how to spell his name!

if mosley doesnt get mayweather, which he probably wont, he'll be fighting Berto in January

the Mosley/Clottey bout got scrapped after the pavlik/punisher fight got rescheduled

I'd love to see Shane and Floyd get it on. As we know styles makes fights. It would be an interesting fight.