Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

not too bent if it doesn't go through....I don't think this would be much of a fight. I would have liked to see Pavlik in the super 6 tournament in place of Andre Dirrell and see Williams fight Sugar Shane at 154.

i think B-Hop scared pavlik and his people about moving beyond 160

i dont think Pavlik would last in the SMW tourney, the only fighter i would have him beating is Jermain Taylor

Shane literally said in an interview: "i will fight anyone in the world, but i wont fight him" when asked about Paul Williams

Edited by StillUnknown
i think B-Hop scared pavlik and his people about moving beyond 160
I think you are right on this one.
i dont think Pavlik would last in the SMW tourney, the only fighter i would have him beating is Jermain Taylor

disagree on this one. I think he could hold his own against all of them. I'm not really high on anyone in this tournament. I'm still excited to watch it unfold, but I don't see any of these guys as elite fighters.

Shane literally said in an interview: "i will fight anyone in the world, but i wont fight him" when asked about Paul Williams

damn....when was this? seems to be a contradicting statement! I really wanted to see Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather.....I think this fight makes a lot more sense then Mayweather vs. Marquez or Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

looks like the fight wont be happening. Punisher's people aren't waiting around for Pavlik, they still want Paul to fight on October 3rd.

apparently Pavlik's hand issue isn't a new revelation. his own camp has said he's missed doctor's appointments to get it taken care of and that it could've been done 4 to 5months ago

most likely he'll be in against Sergei Dzinziruk at 154lbs to unify some belts. not as intriguing as a Pavlik matchup, but its going to be a good fight regardless

maybe if Paul comes out of the fight healthy, they work the pavlik fight for early 2010

damn....when was this? seems to be a contradicting statement! I really wanted to see Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather.....I think this fight makes a lot more sense then Mayweather vs. Marquez or Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

he said it shortly after Punisher took out Winky. this was while he was trying to get a fight with Pacquiao. the reporters started throwin out names of people he would fight if he couldn't get he pacquiao deal, and thats when he said that quote

Edited by StillUnknown

Winner will be the undisputed WBO Junior-Middleweight champ (again, TOO MANY DAMN WEIGHT CLASSES!).

?-=Super Heavyweight

200-230? 250?=Heavyweight

186-200=Junior Heavyweight

171-185=Super Middleweight

156-170=Middleweight

141-155=Junior Middleweight

126-140=Super Lightweight

111-125=Lightweight

-110=Junior Lightweight

Winner will be the undisputed WBO Junior-Middleweight champ (again, TOO MANY DAMN WEIGHT CLASSES!).

?-=Super Heavyweight

200-230? 250?=Heavyweight

186-200=Junior Heavyweight

171-185=Super Middleweight

156-170=Middleweight

141-155=Junior Middleweight

126-140=Super Lightweight

111-125=Lightweight

-110=Junior Lightweight

there is no super heavyweight division

the HW division has no weight limit. its the only reason Nikolai Valuev wins fights (7'0 330lbs with no skills)

Edited by StillUnknown
he said it shortly after Punisher took out Winky. this was while he was trying to get a fight with Pacquiao. the reporters started throwin out names of people he would fight if he couldn't get he pacquiao deal, and thats when he said that quote

I can't believe there isn't more talk about Mayweather-Mosley. Same weight class, both former champions, two of the biggest fighters in the game the past ten years...makes way too much sense.

there is no super heavyweight division

the HW division has no weight limit. its the only reason Nikolai Valuev wins fights (7'0 330lbs with no skills)

Sorry, I should've been more clear. That's what I would make the weight divisions if I could. 9 instead of 17, and it makes it easier to make weight since each division would encompass 15 lbs.
Sorry, I should've been more clear. That's what I would make the weight divisions if I could. 9 instead of 17, and it makes it easier to make weight since each division would encompass 15 lbs.

i completely agree

105 - minimumweight

108 - light flyweight

112 - flyweight

115 - junior bantamweight

118 - bantamweight

122 - junior featherweight

126 - featherweight

130 - junior lightweight

135 - lightweight

140 - junior welterweight

147 - welterweight

154 - junior middleweight

160 - middleweight

168 - supermiddleweight

175 - light heavyweight

200 - cruiserweight

200+ - Heavyweight

why are there weight classes separated by a mere 3-5lbs in some cases? thats ridiculous

Not to mention, 17 weight classes is ridiculous. Even the Olympics use 11.

this is one aspect boxing could learn from mixed martial arts. the weight divisions there are separated by at least 10lbs. in the UFC in particular, there is at least a 15lb jump between each division (20lbs from MW to LHW). only 5 weight classes total

now that would be very interesting. I think Paul might be over matched on that one. A guy that has fought welterweight for most of his career fighting a guy who won the Light Heavyweight championship.

I'm assuming this fight would be at 160. Very interesting. Much better than Williams-Pavlic

now that would be very interesting. I think Paul might be over matched on that one. A guy that has fought welterweight for most of his career fighting a guy who won the Light Heavyweight championship.

I'm assuming this fight would be at 160. Very interesting. Much better than Williams-Pavlic

depends on which B-Hop shows up. if its the aggressive fighter that took out Pavlik he would win

if its the cautious, "i'm going to give up the first 6 rounds by only throwing 10 punches a round", paul will win on activity alone

They want it at 165.

I just got home from Finkle's place, watching the Malignaggi-Diaz fight. What a friggin travesty that was. I had it 115-133 Malignaggi, and I only had it that close assuming it would be closer because it was in Houston. In reality, I might have scored it 116-112 or even 117-111 for Malignaggi.

All three judges need their licenses revoked. I watch MMA but have always been more of a boxing guy. This may have just killed boxing for me, I may just watch MMA full time from now on.

I didn't see it; was it really that much of a travesty?

it was a close fight

most i've talked to had it 115-113 for malignaggi

i could see an argument of 115-113 for Diaz, but anything more than that is just wrong

one judge had him winning 118-110.

smelled like a hometown decision to me