Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

This has turned into a mess, In my personal opinion i think all 3 of them are a sack of **** and a bunch of lying asses looking for excuses to save face and while doing it putting there selves in a deeper hole.

Just 3 days before the fight Freddie Roach going on and on about how hard Pacquaio is hitting and how he can feel his power through the chest protector, hes the Manny from the Dela Hoya and Hatton destruction, Manny going on and on about how his Killer Instinct is back and all this mess. They get into the fight and see that Mayweather is slippery and they can't hit him so they go in to lie mode. Right after the fight Pac didn't mention anything about "the shoulder" instead it was he thought he won the fight and how he did his best. It wasn't until he got in the back and Koncz and Arum planted this bull**** lie about the shoulder, and how he hurt it 3 weeks ago and its been getting better and better.

Now he could have tweeked the shoulder in camp but its healed if he was swinging as hard as he ever has, according to Roach this is he best Manny he has seen. They took a NSAC survey 2 days before the fight and one of the questions were do you have a injured shoulder and they checked NO! Instead they ask 2 hours before the fight for a shot in the shoulder, which is a NO NO. Now they need Surgery and he is supposed to be out 10 to 12 months, wouldn't suprise me one bit if its all a lie and cover up. You fight the best fighter in the world with a torn rotator cuff or a small tear, theres no way you can do that. Fight could have been moved too June, its not like Mayweather had any options lined up thats going to get him 180 million he would have had no choice but to wait.

Its either a Lie or they scammed the world and made 100+ million dollars fighting with arm. If its case #2 then his purse should be withheld.

The story has seemed to change a few times.

From what I originally understood is that he hurt his shoulder 2-4 weeks before the fight but it was healing pretty well, good enough for the fight to go on. Then he wanted an inflammatory injection pre-fight to help reduce a possible flare up but it was denied.  Then the fight happens and I think it was Round 3 supposedly that they claim Pac re-injured the shoulder.

If that is the case then I don't think there was anything necessarily wrong.

It's good business, but setting up the casual fans to be even more angry.  Pac's camp can play the injury angle, Mayweather will play the "it's an excuse" angle, both fan bases stick to their sides etc etc etc......now you have a built in reason for the Pac fans to think he will do better the second time around.

Money Money Money!

Mayweather the G.O.A.T? For what? Beating an over the hill De la Hoya? Or... A "signature win" over a guy that would've been far more of a threat if they'd fought in their primes?

Just like Bill Russell, wins look nice, now take era into consideration. 

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 1

I couldn't imagine Pac would ever be back close to his old form/power after having to have surgery on a shoulder at his age.  If this were earlier in his career, sure.  But not at the end after 65 fights and turning 37 by the time this injury is fully healed.  

Though the set-up is perfect for a second match as far as reasons/excuses/etc.  

People will work themselves into a frenzy if the rematch materializes, there are those who will complain, those who will swear that Pac is now going to beat down Mayweather and those who think the fight goes similar.

Put me in the third camp. Maybe Pac will be more busy with his output, but we've had 12 rounds on display to see Mayweather's quickness and ability to side-step Manny's lunging attack.

I never once believed Mayweather would end his career at 49-0 and tied with Marciano. That's just not his character. I think he takes a relatively easy fight in September and probably Pacquiao next year.

I didn't pay for the first one and won't pay for another if they have it. 

Went to a friends place to watch ?

I never once believed Mayweather would end his career at 49-0 and tied with Marciano. That's just not his character. I think he takes a relatively easy fight in September and probably Pacquiao next year.

Maybe. He did state that he would relinquish his belts the other day.

He already came out and said that he made a contradicting statement and changes his mind all the time (something like that).  His ego will simply not allow him to go a mere 49-0 and tied for the best record, he has to go 50-0.  

And not saying that I blame him at all, whether we like it or not, he's gotten to 48-0 and imo deserves to go 50-0 if he wins.  Which he should, who can legitimately challenge him now?  And even if one could, is he going to put that record on the line and take the fight?

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro