Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

You think Floyd needs help selling a fight ?

He definitely needs a foil to push him back in the "Money" persona.  When a fight can sell itself (Canelo, Pac) he is pretty quiet in the lead up.  If he acts how he did in the lead up to the Ortiz fight combined with Danny Garcia's pops that fight will do serious numbers either on PPV or Cable IMO.

Him v Khan would be okay too but I don't think Khan can fight in September. Whatever happens I think a fight in Sep on CBS and then #50 v. Pacquiao next year looks the plan for him.

I disagree. I think everyone is waiting to see if he loses at all now. Pac was the fight. Erislandry would be interesting. I know it won't happen this year at least.

I didn't pay for the first one and won't pay for another if they have it. 

Went to a friend's house to watch ?

Here is the thing though. Can Mayweather vs. Pac 2 get the same interest without Pac having another right first and putting in an impressive performance?  

I know the rematch will never do the business the first did anyway, but if Pac had another fight first, even if it was somewhat of a gimme, someone who will go in there and not present a strategic challenge at least, someone who will stand in front of Pac and take his punches, it might repair some of the damage done by this fight because I am starting to see more and more people think that Manny is toast period.  I don't think many people thing he stands a good chance in the rematch healthy or not, but the casuals could be lured right back in if Manny goes and beats someone/anyone up first.

• Like 1

DiBella isn't pulling any punches. He's right about Golden Boy Promotions. There was no problem as long as GBP was top dog.  De La Hoya doesn't have a clue anymore, now that Schaeffer isn't there running things. He's just upset that GBP isn't what it used to be. They have a long way to go to get back to being the top dog. Better hope Canelo doesn't lose this weekend. If he does, Oscar is gonna be on suicide watch.

Broner by UD over Porter.

• Like 2

Ok so 30 days out, Cotto @164.8 & Geale @158

Cotto needs to cut the **** & fight 3G

Thats actually a good fight. I think Porter can hound Broner enough to get a decision. Broner needs space to operate, if Porter is on his game, he won't get that space.

I'm STILL waiting on weight confirmation before I make my pick. If the fight is @47, we'll see a repeat of the Maidana fight. If they make a stupid catch weight, Broner steals a decision. Edited by Rexx1240
  • Like 1

Even tho I'm finding it difficult to see how this plays out given all the politics involved this time around, I'm hearing Mayweather-Cotto 2 on the horizon for Sept. I honestly can't see how this deal gets done tho.

I'm STILL waiting on weight confirmation before I make my pick. If the fight is @47, we'll see a repeat of the Maidana fight. If they make a stupid catch weight, Broner steals a decision.

144lb, Broner takes this one in 12.

DiBella isn't pulling any punches. He's right about Golden Boy Promotions. There was no problem as long as GBP was top dog.  De La Hoya doesn't have a clue anymore, now that Schaeffer isn't there running things. He's just upset that GBP isn't what it used to be. They have a long way to go to get back to being the top dog. Better hope Canelo doesn't lose this weekend. If he does, Oscar is gonna be on suicide watch.

Broner by UD over Porter.

If Canelo loses, some lady of the night is going to be snapping pics of DLH in drag again.

Wasn't Clottey fighting illness during his bout with Pac? Should we expect Pac vs. Clottey II soon?

Lots of rumors that Clottey got paid off in his fight with Manny. Clottey didn't throw many punches and when he did jab, he busted Manny's face up. Manny won and Clottey disappeared, only to come back as a middleweight years later. Clottey was scheduled to fight Canelo, but that fell through.

• Like 1

Makes sense because, even though a lot of people didn't realize it, the main event was delayed nearly one hour as the cable companies were trying to catch up to the overwhelming number of last min orders they were receiving. Also keep in mind the final numbers are minus the hundreds of thousands that reportedly got issued refunds from the cable/satellite providers because they ordered too late & the companies couldn't get them the entire broadcast in time.