Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Mix

method man

Did Campbell lobby to get him on the team?

Gibbs has really displayed that character is the most important attribute to building a team. He has bestowed it on his players. Campbell has a ton of it. If Mix was given a shot due to Campbell's word, I can guess the staff is very excited for his future in Washington.

Let's hope he can make tough catches.

I friend of mine who is a Giants fan was VERY upset the day he was let go by them. Said "You guys got a hell of a player with a bright future, the giants just gave up on him too soon."

- RIP 21 ... still thinking about you.

Mix is showing me what all players should show, passion, heart and determination. Obviously this guy loves playing football and is doing whatever it takes to get on field. Excellent pickup and I've talked to Giants fans that aren't too happy with the decision to let him go either.

Yes, in the Washington Post soon after Mix was signed they said Campbell did not strong arm the Skins to sign Mix, but was very vocal/positive and told Gibbs & Co that he could ball, would be a great pickup, and could help the team as a big WR target. The first week he was in DC he stayed with Campbell until he was situated in finding a place and bringing his won family down from NY, and the Post said Campbell took him out to a restaurant the first day and they were reviewing the playbook. I'm sure they worked a lot after practice on things as several players have done throughout the season.

We've got a great team with characters.

Another example of this staff being able to evaluate talent and put people/acquire people that can play and contribute. Mix, Blades, Monty, Golston, getting Smooty back, Doughty, Landry draft pick, Godfrey, Heyer, Kendall, Wilson, Torrence, especially Fletcher acquisition, etc...

The list goes on and on, and every guy we've picked up has been at least solid. None of these guys have been busts in any way. We've got young players that can really contribute for this team and the coming years. I'm so proud that this staff has really put together a "team". Hail to the Redskins baby!

He was a key special teams pick up, even though special teams were not all that special last night. We had a missed field goal and the coverage team was not all that hot either; we missed that onside kick. I saw that one coming. The last few weeks that has been our strength and yesterday it was about average. That being said, Mix played really well and looking forward to seeing him develop. Special Teams is how Thrash got started.

Mix was everywhere on special teams. It was a great pick up and i hope to see Campbell throwing to him next year... as for this year, i saw we ride Collins till the wheels fall off. If Collins starts to stink up the joint, then we put the kid in.

']:( :doh: :puke: :tantrum: :cry: :shot: :hammer: :rant: :slap: :cuss: :doh1: :moon: :soapbox: :poke: :censored: :twitch: :redpunch: :gus: :rolleyes: :mad:

:laugh:

Tom, what happened in NY that they didn't see the value in this guy? Toomer looks finished, and Sinorice has been a let-down, so couldn't they find a way to give this guy a look?

I think it's time he see some action on offense.

Earlier on when Mix was still with the Giants, I noticed how much he reminded me of Toomer and Owens of Dallas. Anthony is a natural WR who can mix (no pun intended) it up with CBs and big hitting Safeties. He is the real deal!

I could never understand why the Giants thought they could hide him on their practice squad. Dumb decision by their FO, but a great pickup by our FO.

This guy can catch the ball and make something happen after the catch, unlike Lloyd who has problems with average defensive backs.

Please Joe and Al, give this guy a chance to prove himself. You can bet he is getting noticed by the above due to his Special Teams play.

so couldn't they find a way to give this guy a look?

We have no idea what he is capable of as a receiver.

Sure, he's a beast on teams, but save for Tom saying he played great in the preseason, the 'Skins can't be sure he can perform as a WR.

Maybe the Giants had no need for a ST player. Moss and Smith are both high picks, neither of which can be given up on as easily as a Mix type.

That plus Mix's emergence on special teams and Thrash's age suggests strongly to me that Thrash is playing his last season for us.

Not so fast, my friend. Thrash and Cartwright seem to have nine lives.

Thrash is signed through 2010 and will be making more than 3 million dollars next year, so you never know. Looks like Rock could be a free agent, as the last two years of his contract are voidable.

http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Contracts%20Chart.htm

Thrash is signed through 2010 and will be making more than 3 million dollars next year, so you never know. Looks like Rock could be a free agent, as the last two years of his contract are voidable.

I know this is mix thread but since you mentioned Rock might be gone, have you ever wondered what would happen if you put Sellers back 1 time to return a kick off

Guys like Thrash should be earning the minimum. Either force him to take a paycut or cut him.

I am so glad he is performing on Teams, so that he can stick around and develop at WR....the Giants were pretty loaded at those spots so they didn't need to worry about him.

It would be like a team picking up our preseason RB Mason, and him performing well....it would tick us off, but we couldn't really find a spot for him.

I see this guy being almost a hybrid between H-back and WR, and a utility guy on Teams....good near the goal line, and good as a guy in motion, while in 4 or 5 WR sets.

Archived