Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Mix

method man

What a great pickup, especially midseason. He has been a beast on special teams thus far. He had two huge tackles on Hester in the Chicago game and he forced a fumble today.

I bet the coaching staff is looking at him as the possession WR too. After all, he was JC's college teammate.

:cheers:

Thrash is getting up there in age, could be that Mix was brought in to possibly replace Thrash. I'm sure his cap number wouldn't be nearly as high either. Plus as some of you have mentioned, he'd be a nice, tall possession receiver for us. I could be getting ahead of myself here, but something to think about. He has played VERY well on special teams since we picked him up.

What a great pickup, especially midseason. He has been a beast on special teams thus far. He had two huge tackles on Hester in the Chicago game and he forced a fumble today.

I bet the coaching staff is looking at him as the possession WR too. After all, he was JC's college teammate.

:cheers:

I love how enthusiastic he is after the plays too. Looks like he really enjoys blowing people up. If he can catch- good lord watch out.

Mix and Godfrey were the normally-below-the-radar players I REALLY noticed today. AWESOME games from both of them.

I am pretty certain it's too late in the game for any offensive experiments.

The fact that he balls on special teams is gonna provide him a shot on the offense next year. Rock got a shot in '05, but unfortunately fumbled against the Chiefs. Thrash clearly is short on physical ability, but because of his commitment to special teams, the coaches give him tons of opportunities. Collins first 3rd down throw last night, a virtual playoff game, was a look to Thrash.

Sellers has been a special teams monster in Washington. He has shown a commitment to the dirty work this coaching staff loves. So far he's been given more opportunities on offense this year, and has been doing well. We've seen players work their way on to the defense through tough special teams play as well.

Mix is displaying the toughness Gibbs loves most in players, and the timetable is not long for his shot on offense. However, i doubt it comes until August '08..:2cents:

Mix has contributed more to this team in 4 games then Brandon Lloyd has in 2 seasons

Sad but true.

Mix has a spot on this team with his special teams play - I could even see him replacing Thrash if he can show he has some potential on offense that Thrash doesn't have. I have a feeling that the flip side to Jason Campbell's lobbying effort to get him on this team was Campbell also telling his former college teammate that he needed to perform on special teams to have a job here. The message appears to have been received.

Is anyone else happy with Reche Caldwell too??? I really like Moss, ARE, Caldwell, and hopefully Mix will develop into that solid possession receiver we need.

Caldwell made some nice catches yesterday. Unfortunately, his contributions has been overshadowed by Portis, Moss, and Collins. We'll see what happens in the offseason.

Caldwell made some nice catches yesterday. Unfortunately, his contributions has been overshadowed by Portis, Moss, and Collins. We'll see what happens in the offseason.

Caldwell has taken over the traditional James Thrash role in the offense, i.e. a 3rd/4th possession receiver who is a very solid route runner and reliable catcher of the football.

That plus Mix's emergence on special teams and Thrash's age suggests strongly to me that Thrash is playing his last season for us.

I have a feeling that the flip side to Jason Campbell's lobbying effort to get him on this team was Campbell also telling his former college teammate that he needed to perform on special teams to have a job here.

Did Campbell lobby to get him on the team?

Gibbs has really displayed that character is the most important attribute to building a team. He has bestowed it on his players. Campbell has a ton of it. If Mix was given a shot due to Campbell's word, I can guess the staff is very excited for his future in Washington.

Let's hope he can make tough catches.

Archived