Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Mix

method man

Question didnt Giants fans say the reason he couldnt make the roster was because he couldnt play special teams?

Well they were wrong. :laugh:

Actually the real reason he was let go was because he dropped too many passes in practice and in preseason games. I actually liked him however and he didnt get that chance. We replaced him with Hixon who has been a special teams demon so it is an even trade off. Campbell played with him so thats a plus.

Is anyone else happy with Reche Caldwell too??? I really like Moss, ARE, Caldwell, and hopefully Mix will develop into that solid possession receiver we need.

heck yeah, Caldwell is steppn up, he has good hands and is pretty solid over the middle. I like the guys we have at WR, 2 really fast but small burners (Moss and ARE). A couple of savvy vets (Thrash and McCants), an experienced playoff WR in Caldwell ... and Mix ... a huge WR that is making plays and getting his named called over the loud speakers for ST play. If you can play st's, it's only a matter of time before you get a shot. I still think Espy has potential if he can stay healthy also.

NO reason whatsoever to go out and spend big dollars on a wr FA ... we need to spend that $$$ on the lines. Guys that are willing to work, will make it in this league ... I wish BLlyod would have shown more of that effort.

heck yeah, Caldwell is steppn up, he has good hands and is pretty solid over the middle. I like the guys we have at WR, 2 really fast but small burners (Moss and ARE). A couple of savvy vets (Thrash and McCants), an experienced playoff WR in Caldwell ... and Mix ... a huge WR that is making plays and getting his named called over the loud speakers for ST play. If you can play st's, it's only a matter of time before you get a shot. I still think Espy has potential if he can stay healthy also.

NO reason whatsoever to go out and spend big dollars on a wr FA ... we need to spend that $$$ on the lines. Guys that are willing to work, will make it in this league ... I wish BLlyod would have shown more of that effort.

when did we get Darnerian back?? :silly:

McCardell...not McCants :)

Mix is doing everything he can to show the coaches he deserves more p/t. Some may say possession receiver, but I definitely see a future #2 WR alongside Moss. The guy is huge and seems so full of energy. If you can ball on STs, imagine what he can do once he gets the playbook down.

:applause:

Its one thing to make a play on STs and get up and jog off the field. But when he makes the play, he gets up full of energy. Jumping with his teammates, clapping, getting pumped up. Can't wait to see what this guy can do on offense.

I second that emotion!

A few people on the board have dissed the Redskins getting Mix because he didn't put up big numbers at Auburn. We know he was always Jason's go to WR when we needed a first down on third and long. But with Cadillac and Ronnie in the backfield that didn't happen a lot. Those people are going to be surprised to find out what great hands Anthony has and the yardage he can get after the catch.

I second that emotion!

A few people on the board have dissed the Redskins getting Mix because he didn't put up big numbers at Auburn. We know he was always Jason's go to WR when we needed a first down on third and long. But with Cadillac and Ronnie in the backfield that didn't happen a lot. Those people are going to be surprised to find out what great hands Anthony has and the yardage he can get after the catch.

From a giants fan his hands needs alot to be desired. I actually love this kid but his hands were his downfall for thr gmen. That is the main reason he was done.

Actually the real reason he was let go was because he dropped too many passes in practice and in preseason games. I actually liked him however and he didnt get that chance. We replaced him with Hixon who has been a special teams demon so it is an even trade off. Campbell played with him so thats a plus.

I stand corrected.

I read it on a giants board after we got him.....

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/536099.aspx

Wow how do we let our rival come and take our guy off our practice squad. I have been talking all week we need to pull him up from the PS and redskins get him. No offense to my Giant hood but with SANTANA Moss, Randle El, McCardell, now Mix they are kind of loaded. I think Mix will make an immediate impact the kid was ready to be a receiver and we dropped him to the PS because he couldn't play ST. Now we need receivers the irony is too thick!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived