Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you all think about a Sean Taylor Statue at Fed Ex,(merged)

mcarey032

IMO, Taylor was not significant enough to warrant a statue for his namesake at FedEx Field. Statues are for the greatest of the great, HOF's and cultural icons, etc.

Then how do you explain Rocky having a statue of himself in Philly? He was a fictional character... not even real...

Thats because they have to make up for their 0 superbowl trophies in one way or another, simple.

I busted out laughing on that one! Ouch, that's gotta hurt in Philly!:laugh:

Still, maybe not a statue, but they could do something to honor Sean. He was the best at his postion in the league, and he was still so young, the sky was the limit for him.

I love the idea of a statue. He was a great player, though I do understand that there a great many other Redskins that had a greater impact on the team over the years. However, Sean Taylor's death is still the greatest tragedy to ever to happen to the Redskins family. The way in which he died as well as his on field prowess together is enough in my mind to justify a statue of him.

This is what I mean,people can not seperate fantasy from reality.Good football player yes,THUG.....yes.

Yeah, I'm all for it, but only if it's an equestrian statue with two hooves raised, and Taylor is depicted on it decked out in his full football uniform, with a helmet, cape and sword.

Seriously folks, let it go.

This is what I mean,people can not seperate fantasy from reality.Good football player yes,THUG.....yes.

Thug? Are you effing kidding me?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/09/AR2008020902504.html

What a classless and factually inaccurate statement, man. Downright disgusting to say that about someone who died defending his family.

I can understand the sentiment about having a statue to honor Sean. I have cried many times over his tragic death. But I do not think a statue would be appropriate. I think a statue should be reserved for someone who has done the most for an organization over many years. Sean Taylor was an awesome player and may have very well ended up in the Hall Of Fame...unfortunately, we will never know how great he might have been.

The team has done an outstanding job in handling an unprecedented event...but let's be honest...there are dozens of players that have had a much larger impact over several years with this team that argualbly deserve a statue due to their "on-field" accomplishments...Sammy Baugh, Joey T. Riggo, The Posse, The Hogs, Mosely, Manley, Mann, Billy, Sonny, George Allen, Gibbs, Jack Kent Cooke, etc.

The Ring Of Honor is appropriate.

My same thoughts. As much as I miss and appreciate his body of work. A statue should be reserved for someone who entire body of contribution to the team/organization far exceeds all others. Joe Gibbs or an owner or a combined Green, Monk, Jacoby, Gibbs, G. Allen, J.K.Cooke statue. Gibbs has brought three SB wins and four appearances to the skins. If anyone gets a statue it should be him.

Archived