Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you all think about a Sean Taylor Statue at Fed Ex,(merged)

mcarey032

The only reason I would perhaps be in favor of it over the other Redskins -- is because of the tragedy of his death. This was a such tragic loss of a player that had greatness written all over him. A guy who died trying to protect his family.

If Sean had a heart attack and passed, I would probably not have the same sentiments -- and would think the "Ring" would be enough. To me, it's how he died. It only enhances his legend.

• 4 months later...

HEY SKINS FAITHFUL...

I,M SURE LIKE MOST OF YOU WE WILL MISS #21 FOR YEARS TO COME AND THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYONE TO REPLACE HIM , BUT I WAS WONDERING HAS ANYONE STARTED A PETITION TO HAVE A STATUE OF SEAN TAYLOR PUT UP IN FRONT OF FEDEX FIELD? CHICAGO BULLS HAVE ( MICHEAL JORDAN ) AND HE,S STILL LIVING. WOULD IT BE TOO MUCH TO HONOR HIM IN A STATUE? THAT WAY WE THE FANS WOULD ALWAYS HAVE A MEMORY OF HIM. ANYWAY JUST WANTED TO THROW THAT OUT THERE. THE SKINS PLAYERS AND THERE FAMILY AND FRIENDS CAN ALWAYS MEMORIZE SEAN IN THERE WAY...BUT WHAT ABOUT US THE FANS? WE LOVED HIM AND WILL MISS HIM TOO. HIS UNTIMELY DEATH TOUCHED SO MANY FANS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES TO HAVE A STATUE ERECTED AT FEDEX FIELD WOULD NOT ONLY SERVE AS A REMINDER TO US THE FANS BUT TO THE ORGANIZATION TOO. SO I WOULD LIKE SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS TO SEE IF THIS IS APPROPRIATE. THEY COULD HAVE A CEREMONY 1 YEAR TO THE DATE AND HAVE IT DISPLAYED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD AT EITHER HALFTIME OR AT THE END OF THE GAME... ANYWAY I AWAIT YOUR REPLYS..

GO SKINS 2008

SKINSFAN1962:dallasuck

I'll miss seeing the guy on the field, but there has to be a moratorium on this stuff.

He came and we got to watch him for a bit, but now he's gone. His family and especially his little girl will miss more of him than we'll ever know.

All caps? Unnecessary.

I miss Sean too but I am starting to wish we had a separate Sean Taylor forum. Can we never let him rest?

It's unfair to chastise someone for keeping a "loved one" in their hearts, thoughts, and memories. Especially since it's been less than 1 year since Sean was taken from us.

Personally, I think this is an outstanding idea.

I would be willing to contribute to a fund to erect the statue and have it dedicated to the Redskins organization from the ES Community.

Again, great idea! :applause:

I am assuming you are new to the board skinsfan1962 judging from your number of posts. But, some people have just been trying to put Sean's death behind them and move on. They are not trying to forget him, just trying to put his death behind them.

I am barely exaggerating when I say that there are Sean Taylor threads here on a daily basis. It's just a bit much now.

BTW, IMO so is the statue idea.

Guys, seriously, get off skinsfans back. We should always celebrate ST21.

I also find it annoying when people use the argument "should we do ____ for every player that dies?"

Stop comparing him to everyone else. No human life is worth more than another, this is very true BUT in terms of what Sean Taylor meant to the Redskins and their fans, you can't compare him. We all appreciated him the same way Chicago appreciated MJ back in 88-89 before he became the champion that he was in '92. We knew what was coming for Sean Taylor.

HERE'S TO A SEAN TAYLOR STATUE IN FRONT OF FED EX. I'M ALL FOR THE DIVE VS THE EAGLES OR THE MOVE HE MADE AGAINST DALLAS AT FED EX!!!!!

LONG LIVE SEAN TAYLOR, GOAT

I wouldn't mind a statue of his dive across the goal line at Philly a couple years ago. may be a little much though...

I would vote for one of him annihilating Patrick Crayton to force an incomplete pass (fumble, really) in the Monday Night Miracle. That play changed everything, and he is the ONLY player I have ever seen who could do that when called upon.

']It's unfair to chastise someone for keeping a "loved one" in their hearts' date=' thoughts, and memories. Especially since it's been less than 1 year since Sean was taken from us.

Personally, I think this is an outstanding idea.

I would be willing to contribute to a fund to erect the statue and have it dedicated to the Redskins organization from the ES Community.

Again, great idea! :applause:[/quote'] Loved one? Did you grow up with him? Do you know his family? If so, then morn away, if not then please stop.

Too bad this wasn't with the Skins because it would be perfect for a statue.

STaylor8PittHit.JPG

All you have to do is take the picture from the Monday night game vs. Philly and the hit he put on Reggie Brown, it's not quite as great as this hit, but it's still a good one.

To the OP... this is from our Forum Rules

16. REFRAIN FROM POSTING IN ALL CAPITALS. On the internet, posting in all capitals is considered shouting, and as such is considered rude and offensive. Overuse of capital letters also creates a strain on the eyesight, and makes it difficult to read text. Caps should be used to show emphasis for only one or two words.

Please edit your post, and keep the above in mind going forward. Thanks

I think it would be a great idea. I don't think this idea falls in the category of the other countless ideas, thoughts and wishes. This is different, and could be very well received.

Archived