Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

LMAO that we're two games from third place in the NFCE and are tied for the last paloff spot. What a league!

The QB situation is completely dominated by the AFC right now, we should be thanking the football gods every week for the next decade we're in the other conference.

For me, I’m at the stage where the only thing I care about is winning the next game.  Win pretty, win ugly, I don’t care anymore.  I don’t care about draft picks.  They are 4-4 and they are still in play for everything this year moving into November.  This is why I’m a fan.  I enjoy the wins.  The NFL is a crazy league.  In a month things that seem certain now could be turned on their head.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

For me, I’m at the stage where the only thing I care about is winning the next game.  Win pretty, win ugly, I don’t care anymore.  I don’t care about draft picks.  They are 4-4 and they are still in play for everything this year moving into November.  This is why I’m a fan.  I enjoy the wins.  The NFL is a crazy league.  In a month things that seem certain now could be turned on their head.   

Seeing the emotion Terry has had the past 2 weeks is ridiculously inspiring. I love that dude. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

11 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

And you also watch it for the intrigue of the decision making. What did you think the chances were that Reich was going to go for it on 4th and inches on his own 35? And yet...........

Edited by hail2skins

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

And you also watch it for the intrigue of the decision making. What did you think the chances were that Reich was going to go for it on 4th and inches on his own 35? And yet...........

I kinda understand the colts decision there. Go for it on 4th down, they risk our d line stopping them and giving us the ball in their territory. So, better to punt it to us, an offense that had only scored 7 points on offense all day to that point, and trust their defense to stop us. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I kinda understand the colts decision there. Go for it on 4th down, they risk our d line stopping them and giving us the ball in their territory. So, better to punt it to us, an offense that had only scored 7 points on offense all day to that point, and trust their defense to stop us. 

I guess I just don't get the phobia of QB sneaks. Earlier in the quarter the Colts had it 3rd down and the ball is practically touching our goal line and they run a play where the QB is a couple yards behind the line and its gets stuffed. Wouldn't a QB sneak had a higher percentage there.

Again, I've never seen Tom Brady get stuffed on a sneak. He is a great player, but does he really have a magical way where he doesn't get stuffed?

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not to mention if you go for it and get stopped it's going to end up on every highlight where every Monday morning QB in the world is going to be bashing the decision. The Colts are already one of the biggest disappointments this year in the entire league so those are the kind of risky plays that seem insane after the fact and fast track coaches to the unemployment line. Personally I was begging them not to go for it haha. I figured we could move the ball over midfield with them playing soft coverage but I didn't think we could convert in the redzone. 

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If this team somehow lands the 7th seed, it will be a quick exit.

They would face Minny- likely 2nd seed or San Fran/ Seattle who could steal the 2nd seed.

As of now, the nfc east sending 3 teams and nfc west sending 2 teams.  I really don’t expect that to change.

Are you really that scared of minny right now? They’ve beaten one team with a winning record. A tua less dolphins. They looked just like we did against the eagles if not worse who is the only other team they’ve played with a winning record. Their wins have come against opponents with a combined record of 18-29 with one of those wins against again a dolphins team without their starting qb. Kirk is doing what Kirk has made a fortune off of winning against teams with losing records. now are they likely a better team than us right now yeah sure not arguing that but they aren’t this juggernaut some are making them out to be 

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Are you really that scared of minny right now? They’ve beaten one team with a winning record. A tua less dolphins. They looked just like we did against the eagles if not worse who is the only other team they’ve played with a winning record. Their wins have come against opponents with a combined record of 18-29 with one of those wins against again a dolphins team without their starting qb. Kirk is doing what Kirk has made a fortune off of winning against teams with losing records. now are they likely a better team than us right now yeah sure not arguing that but they aren’t this juggernaut some are making them out to be 

They aren't great but their offense is very good and we can't beat teams that can score points with our current offensive approach.

You can move the ball on their defense but they've been really good at getting timely takeaways. 

Yeah, as happy as I’ve been with winning (it was more the WAY we won yesterday) the last 3 games to give us some victory Monday’s, I just can’t see any way we beat the Vikings or eagles. I HOPE we can. But that’s not the same thing as thinking we can. 

if we somehow pull off a win in one or both games (HIGHLY unlikely, no ****, you don’t have to tell me), I’d be ecstatic 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm at the point where I'm enjoying the wins but I refuse to get sucked in because the team is clearly limited and the ceiling isn't nearly high enough for us to miracle our way through the playoffs.  But I'd rather have a winning season, even 9-8, over a high draft pick because I do buy into the idea that those are of more benefit long term.

• Like 3

I'm going through the schedules again and I think we have to go 10-7 to get the 7 seed and even then it'd come down to tiebreakers. I have the 49ers winning the NFC West and the Seahawks going 10-7 as well. Cowboys have the 5 seed on lock and Giants even if they regress some are ahead by enough that they should get the 6 seed. 

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm going through the schedules again and I think we have to go 10-7 to get the 7 seed and even then it'd come down to tiebreakers. I have the 49ers winning the NFC West and the Seahawks going 10-7 as well. Cowboys have the 5 seed on lock and Giants even if they regress some are ahead by enough that they should get the 6 seed. 

I think the addition of the 7th playoff team in each conference means that in MOST years, a 9-8 record will be good enough to grab that last seed. I know we all like to play the schedule game, but its really difficult to do so in this week-to-week league. I don't see any other teams besides the division winner making it in the North and South. In the West, I think the best team over time this season will likely be San Francisco. I don't know how Seattle is doing what they're doing (although getting rid of Wilson was definitely the correct move), nor what is going on with the Rams.

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Playoff will be hard to make got to beat

Atlanta 

San Francisco 

Nyg twice

and probably Minnesota 

for tie breakers and get lucky with other teams losing. Could happen never know

IMO, Houston and Cleveland are the most likely games to prevail in to get you to 6. Atlanta would be another, gets you to 7. Splitting with NYG gets you to 8. Minnesota is the most overrated 6-1 team in league history, steal that one at you're at 9. That alone should be good enough. And by the regular season finale, Dallas might be in the best position it'll be in for the playoffs and might only play their guys for a half.

Of course the Skins aren't special and we likely can lose half those games I mentioned above lol. But the league itself, outside of PHL, BUF, and KC, isn't special.