Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What music do you listen to when you're grieving?

Bacon

I was listening to some of Mozart's piano concertos earlier off Youtube. The nice tempo of that music helped cheer me up temporarily from the events of today.
I really like Classical music for times like these where there are no words to describe the feelings...

I have songs from commercials stuck in my head somehow, so I actually bought the sheet music and was trying to play the Carly Comando song from the NBA commercials ... it has a kind of somber bridge and a lonely melody that seems to work.

A similar song is Chopin's Raindrop Prelude - deep bass lines and harmonies with eerie melodies.

I really like Classical music for times like these where there are no words to describe the feelings...

I have songs from commercials stuck in my head somehow, so I actually bought the sheet music and was trying to play the Carly Comando song from the NBA commercials ... it has a kind of somber bridge and a lonely melody that seems to work.

A similar song is Chopin's Raindrop Prelude - deep bass lines and harmonies with eerie melodies.

I get that stupid "We're on everyday" song from the 2 and a Half Men commercial stuck in my head. :mad:

I'll go through a period of listening to sad songs but after awhile I have to put something on that is upbeat. Because I am typicially an upbeat person and do not want to be even more depressed than I am already.

Just like a few years ago when my father pass. You would think everyone would be around crying and everything. At the re-pass we had the music playing , people playing cards etc. Because that is the way that he would have wanted it because he was a person that did not want people to feel sorry mope around etc.

Dire Straits ~ Walk Of Life

For me, this is the perfect song for a tribute. I wish I knew how to do the video's like some here can. I think it would make for a great Sean Taylor video.

The very beginning sounds like your typical "slow and sad" church music, that signifies the brief period of mourning we should allow ourselves to embrace. But it quickly turns upbeat, signifying the celebration of life, and at the same time, reinforces the fact that life goes on.

"And after all the violence and double talk,

There's just a song in all the trouble and the strife.

You do the walk, you do the walk of life.

Yeah, you do the walk of life."

Archived