Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl Hopes This Year?

Retire 21

LISTEN EVERYONE

If, and this is a big if, we can go 6-0 or 5-1, and I know this is getting way ahead of ourselves, then we are coming in on just as much of a roll as anyone. We've done it in the Gibbs II era already. We have shown we can play with the best of the NFC in close hard fought games vs the Packers and Cowboys, who are the consensus class of the NFC. There is absolutely NO reason that we can't pull some **** come the playoffs and make it to the Super Bowl. There and only there will Joe Gibbs original saying that we will be "the biggest underdogs in history" be true.

Skins/Pats when the Skins already lost 52-7 in the same season.

You put Joe Gibbs in a Super Bowl...anything can happen. Literally.

We can be underdogs, we can put up 35 in one quarter, we can lose a game in which we are heavily favored by a lot....ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

HISTORY DICTATES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

:helmet:

It is a good point that we were in both games against the two best teams in the conference. We just seem to play to the level of the team we're playing. Anyone can beat us, and we can beat anyone. Excluding the 3 powerhouses from the AFC (right now)

You have to remember that in 2005 we had fate walking on a tightrope with us. Without Brown's return against ARIZONA, we would have lost and not made the playoffs. The Eagles (without McNabb) were ahead going in to the 4th quarter, I believe. We pulled a miricle out of the hat the first game against Dallas, and beat Chicago 9-7. I'm sorry, but walking that tightrope in football isn't going to be in your favor every time it comes down to the last 5 or 6 games. Gibbs has to stop playing to bad teams' tempos and ravage them.

i agree...we can play with them...but running the tables gonna be tough man lets win 1 first and then 2 then 3 then we can talk about it. But i wanna see some consistency before anything if we go to tampa and our offense goes back to what it was, then what....you know im excited how our offense played this week but i wanna see it play like that on a consistent basis.

CTS is correct. There is no runaway, sure thing in the NFC. The Skins have played against the two teams with the best record in the NFC --ON THE ROAD--and could have won both with just one break.

One Break in Green bay: The BS offensive PI call against Thrash. The zebras get that call right and the Skins win.

The Break against the Boys: Take your pick a.) They let the call on the field stand on Rocky's interception. If the Skins get that call, they win. b.) One of the Cowboys' bad snaps doesn't bounce directly into Romo sits to pee's hands; c.) havent seen this one on ES yet: TO's first TD looked likehe stepped out;

We could be talking about a team--the Skins--who are 7 - 3 and who own the tie breakers against the two teams who are one game ahead of them at 8 - 2; and the Skins have an easier schedule the rest of the way.

Cocaine has nothing to do with it. The Skins are as good as any team in the NFC and Campbell is getting better every week. They could use a break.

LISTEN EVERYONE

If, and this is a big if, we can go 6-0 or 5-1, and I know this is getting way ahead of ourselves, then we are coming in on just as much of a roll as anyone. We've done it in the Gibbs II era already. We have shown we can play with the best of the NFC in close hard fought games vs the Packers and Cowboys, who are the consensus class of the NFC. There is absolutely NO reason that we can't pull some **** come the playoffs and make it to the Super Bowl. There and only there will Joe Gibbs original saying that we will be "the biggest underdogs in history" be true.

Skins/Pats when the Skins already lost 52-7 in the same season.

You put Joe Gibbs in a Super Bowl...anything can happen. Literally.

We can be underdogs, we can put up 35 in one quarter, we can lose a game in which we are heavily favored by a lot....ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

HISTORY DICTATES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

:helmet:

hmm the way we have played, its a longshot that we even make the playoffs, SB is a huge longshot

I am all for a playoff push, but I am not confident in a SB victory, until someone proves to me that the Pats are human.

Look, with our team, if everything gels all together, there is no reason why we can't make a run in the NFC.

The Colts could not stop the run all year last year, and they turned it around 360* in the playoffs, no team could run on them. So I guess anything is possible.

We could win out in the NFC with Sean Taylor AND Randy Thomas back in the lineup, barring any other major injuries. I certainly believe we could beat Dallas or Green Bay in the playoffs. That said, we have NO CHANCE whatsoever of beating the Pats, Colts, or even the Steelers in the SB.

Just as the real championship games of the 84-96 era were the NFC championship games, likewise now it's the AFC championship game. The SB is just there to sell commercials.

It's unlikely, because...

• We won't have a home game
  • We won't have a bye week to prepare
  • We've lost two in a row and need to get a win streak going before this type of talk can become "likely".

Tell you what, let's just take care of business and make it to the playoffs 1st before we get talking Superbowl.

If we make the playoffs and we have Taylor back, Thomas back, and Moss stays healthy, we really do have a shot in this conference. We only have to "keep up" with DET and ARI, both of whom we have the tiebreakers over. We almost beat the best team in the NFC without Taylor and Thomas, and when we have them in Week 17 we'll do them in. I'd love to see a rematch at Dallas in the NFC Championship, too. And then a rematch against NE in the Super Bowl (which would probably end the same way, I'm not going to kid myself).

I'm not saying we are a great team, it's just that this conference is absolutely bogus.

Everyone in the NFL seems to be just conceding this year since the Pats are so good. As if they aren't going to be just as good for years to come. All their major players will be around for a while, and you can also add in a top 5 draft pick next year. This team could very well just get better.

The window for other teams is very close to being closed for a couple years.

Archived