Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone think he would make the 50 yarder?

USS Redskins

I chalked it up as a missed FG as soon as I saw them bringing out the kicking team.

As did I. Suisham hasn't done anything that I've seen that made me think he was going to hit that. It was a horrid decision, and I was furious the instant I saw the field goal team. It resulted in better field position for the cowboys than if a 4th and 1 was missed.

I don't think it's a question of "do you think he'd make it" but your team is driving - gaining momentum, and it's 4th and 1 ... YOU GO FOR IT & show your team YOU BELIEVE IN THEM.

You settle for the FG, miss it - give the Cowboys great field position and demoralize your offense. GUTLESS call once again by Joe.

I thought it was a bad call. We had momentum and we were driving on Dallas. I think we should have gone for it. Suisham longest all year is 47 yards.

I totally agree....we were moving the ball. I really felt we should've went for it. I love Coach Gibbs but I thought this was not the right call...

As did I. Suisham hasn't done anything that I've seen that made me think he was going to hit that. It was a horrid decision, and I was furious the instant I saw the field goal team. It resulted in better field position for the cowboys than if a 4th and 1 was missed.

I was watching at a bar with some other Skins fans down here and when the field goal team came out the Dallas fans cheered because we were moving the ball on them and they were scared. Also because they knew he would miss. He was cut from Dallas because he couldn't make the long ones when it counted.

I don't think it's a question of "do you think he'd make it" but your team is driving - gaining momentum, and it's 4th and 1 ... YOU GO FOR IT & show your team YOU BELIEVE IN THEM.

You settle for the FG, miss it - give the Cowboys great field position and demoralize your offense. GUTLESS call once again by Joe.

I hate say it...but I agree, 100%....including the "GUTLESS call"

No way in hell. Suisham is solid inside 40, like every mediocre freaking kicker in the league but there is no way he makes this kick. This came on the heels of the 3rd down and 3 RUNNING play. Campbell was lighting it up and they RUN on third and 3!

Horrible coaching decisions, AGAIN, contribute to the loss.

50 yarder, yeah he could have made that.

Kind of early to take a chance at missing out on points. We make that kick, and on then last drive we are winning that game with a chip shot FG instead of trying to socre a td.

But could've, should've, would've's dont really matter in the W/L column. Still, I I like the call for the FG, since he has been hitting them pretty good lately.

If we had made it on fourth down we would not have had time to kick a field goal at the end of half. In the end it only at most cost us 4 points if we made it and scored touchdown if we made it and kicked a field goal it’s a wash. Also it gave us momentum going into half that would have been on Dallas side. So in the end it did not have much of impact at all. What frustrates me is the continued conservative play especially when we are heavy underdogs.

I'll admit that I hated that call more than any other call this year.

You have to use some cajones against a superior team...

and yes (right now) they are superior.

Cajones?

It does not take cajones to go for it on 4-1 from the 33 that early in the game when your moving the ball like a hot knife thru butter! Had it been late in the game and 3 is all we needed, yes! If we were down and needed to score, maybe

Can someone answer this?

Is it as simple as saying that JG trusted Suisham to make the kick more then he trusted CP and the o-line to pick up 1 yard?

A few thoughts ...

if he misses the kick, Dallas gets great field position

if CP doesn't get the first, Cowboy are on their 30

doesn't CP get paid alot?

wouldn't the O feel like their coaches trust them if they went for it?

It's easy to look back on it and say we should have gone for it. What if we went for it and didn't make it, then you lose your chance at points. Gibbs was banking on 3 points there and he should have had them.

If that kick was good (and it certainly could have been good) then Gibbs would have had us in a position of only needing a field goal on that last drive and we would have won the game.

I don't think that was the momentum change of the game. The momentum changed when we lost the challenge on Rockies interception and Dallas went on a touchdown spree with our defense.

Was hoping but... :no: no, not me. For me it was :doh: 1st down Cowboys.

:mad: <----mad at not going for it

BTW, I'm not knocking SS for missing it. Believe me, I'm VERY satisfied that he's our FG kicker now. Compared to what we've had since Chip L?... :laugh: no comparison.

Shawn hit a 52 yarder last year so that puts this topic to rest. Last night I saw it different than most I quess, he had the distance but was alittle left of the upright, can't do 50+ humm? On this forum I noticed this coach has no chance to win here. Seen him go for it on 4th and 1 many times and miss and the same on field goals, and gets raked across the coals! No winning here! Wasn't just one thing in this game, it was combination of many mistakes by everyone! If some of you played any organize sports you would understand what the TEAM concept really means. :2cents:

Yeah, we all wish they would have gone for it on 4th and 1, but they didn't so the argument is moot, the question is our belief in Suisham's ability. He has the leg, without question, his 40 yarders have plenty of room to spare. I think his accuracy starts to wane around 44-45 yards. It's a gamble, but who knows how those three points change the game.

Forget about it, let's focus on Tampa.

At the time I expected a miss. Suisham is consistent, but not at 50 yards. In order to consistently hit 50 yarders, you have to have 60 yard range or better, not 52 yard range. The margin of error is so small. Considering how well we were rolling, and then that 3rd and 3 playcall that left us short, I really wanted us to go for that(and usually im always a FG FG FG guy on 4th).

You have to know your players and their strengths, weaknesses and capabilities.

If we had made it on fourth down we would not have had time to kick a field goal at the end of half. In the end it only at most cost us 4 points if we made it and scored touchdown if we made it and kicked a field goal it’s a wash. Also it gave us momentum going into half that would have been on Dallas side. So in the end it did not have much of impact at all. What frustrates me is the continued conservative play especially when we are heavy underdogs.

Did you forget what Dallas did after getting back the ball on their 40?

Did you forget what Dallas did after getting back the ball on their 40?

They scored touchdown which I am confident they would have done no matter what the Skins did. The point is if the Skins went for it and got it they would not have had time for the field goal at the end of the half. You have to subtract out those 3 points.

Archived