Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone think he would make the 50 yarder?

USS Redskins

No way in hell. Suisham is solid inside 40, like every mediocre freaking kicker in the league but there is no way he makes this kick. This came on the heels of the 3rd down and 3 RUNNING play. Campbell was lighting it up and they RUN on third and 3!

Horrible coaching decisions, AGAIN, contribute to the loss.

Yeah, cause he's never hit like a 51 yarder before. :doh: It was early in the game. I wanted them to go for it, but it's not a decsion you look back on and say that cost the game. Could have just as easily have not got the first down. 4th and 1's are missed all the time. I'm not even sure the percentage of success is any better then attempting the kick. I'd like to see the breakdown.

I thought he would because I know that as a coach, you are talking to your kicker all throughout the pre-game and you get an idea of what it is he feels comfortable with in distance. Clearly, Suisham hit 50+ yds during warm-ups and told coach that he could do it. Factored in to his decision making so he went for it.

Also, first blood is good. But when you can pile points on, you do it.

I thought he would make it. He's the best Kicker we've had here in years. He didn't make it, so what?

People act like this was the game deciding move when it was not. How can you say if we did go for it on 4th down that we would have gotten it? How can you be so certain that is a fact? You can't so stop dreaming like you know the future, you don't.

The coaches were looking at a good drive that if we scored would have put us up by 2 scores. They made the right call. This didn't decide the game for us.

Thought for sure he'd make it. But since everyone is putting their opinions in I figure I would too...didn't agree with the call, but I understood. Generally early in the game you don't go for em. He goes for it and misses, people roast him....doesn't go for it, people roast him. No win situation.

If you think the game was lost on this play you are in a blind rage against JG. You have a vendetta that will cause you to subjectively look at anything to see if you can use it as ammo.

To look past the 4 T.O. tds and blame the loss of this game on this playcall is about as agenda driven as you can get. So we are up by 7 instead of 3 at half. I wonder if Romo sits to pee still throws to TO? Most likely for 5 tD's.

We had a well coached game offensively and special teams wise. Our failure came on D. Sorry but the JG hate club will have to wait til next week for the "call" that will get Gibbs fired.

To answer you question, Yes I thought he was going to make it. ON TURF. IN A DOME (pretty much). He has plenty of leg and missed by a foot.

If you think the game was lost on this play you are in a blind rage against JG. You have a vendetta that will cause you to subjectively look at anything to see if you can use it as ammo.

To look past the 4 T.O. tds and blame the loss of this game on this playcall is about as agenda driven as you can get.

To answer you question, Yes I thought he was going to make it. ON TURF. IN A DOME (pretty much). He has plenty of leg and missed by a foot.

totally agree...no way 1 play call was the cause...no way TO should have been allowed to run the way he did.

In hindsight, going for it was a good choice.

During the game, I was saying go for it. In my book, on fourth and 1...with a 50+ field goal, you should go for it.

You give them the ball at the 40 if you miss. You give them the ball at the 33 if you miss the 4th down attempt. This Cowboys team had put up lots of points in past games, we needed to get TDs.

That said if he made it, we would have ended up winning the game in my opinion. However, we don't know how the game would have played out if he would have made that, so that can't be sure either.

I feel like logically you go for it with our kicker...unless you have the sure thing, you put it on the o-line to get that yard.

It was a bad call, but not outside the realm of possibility. 3rd and 3 does not mean PASS.

I have been very critical of JG's over the course of the season (RIGHTFULLY SO) but there is nothing to complain about wrt to that play. Or the entire game. He did a much better job than he normally does. We lost an AWAY game to a BETTER team. Guess what, that's a fairly common occurrence in the NFL.

JG has cost us quite a few games this season. This was not one of them in any way, shape, or form. Now, if you have some choice words for Williams, I'm all ears.

Archived