Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Weird! Joe Gibbs' Post-Game Presser (Dallas) ALREADY Released...

kleese

Not sure how I got my hands on this, but......

(remember-- laughter is the best medicine)

Q: "Coach Gibbs, what happened out there today?"

Gibbs: "Obviously, we fought our guts out. As a matter of fact, on my way back towards the tunnel, I found some of Jimmy Farris' guts lying around the 10 yard line."

Q: "Coach, are you afraid you could lose the team following this 50 point loss?"

Gibbs: "The thing here is, we're all in this together. It's a great group of guys. They may be awful football players, but as people, man, they are awesome."

Q: "What happened at the end of the first half down there on the goal line?"

Gibbs: "Well, we had some communication problems. I wasn't sure what to do, so I told Jason to just take a knee on first down. Then, we decided to call a timeout. During the timeout, we got confused again, so we decided to call another one. I couldn't really hear Al over the headsets, so I told Jason to just throw it away on second down. On third down, we called a dive play for Mike Sellers-- might have to rethink that one seeing we were on the 9 yard line. Then, we totally forgot it was 4th down, but when we tried to call another timeout, the refs told me we were out-- forgot about the one in the first quarter. At that point, I just told Jason to spike the ball. Instead, he used his best judgement and ran that dive play to Sellers. Came up a bit short."

Q: "It seemed like the defensive backs were giving a really big cushion to the Dallas WR's today. Was this something you guys planned on?

Gibbs: "Yeah, well, we talked to Gregg in pregame and we decided that a 45 yard cushion might help us avoid giving up the deep ball against those guys. You know, we watched film, and they have a heck of a passing game. We wanted to make sure they didn't get behind us. Obviosuly, once Dallas got to our 40, we probably should have changed things up a bit. Seems a bit silly now to have Pierson standing out of the end zone before the snap-- but we thought it was best at the time."

Q: "Why the punt on third down early in the second half?"

Gibbs: "Got confised."

Q: "Any remarks on the play of Keenan McCardell?"

Gibbs: "He's a true Redskin. Keenan came in here and has been together with us since day one. He's a fighter. Did you see that three yard out he ran on 4th and 7? Thing of beauty. Just a shame he broke both hips late in the game there."

Q: "What do you say to the team, sitting at 5-5 following two losses?"

Gibbs: "They understand. We're all in this together. Gonna just keep fighting our guts out and see what happens."

Q: "Any early thoughts on Tampa?"

Gibbs: "They understand. We're all in this together. Gonna just keep fighting our guts out and see what happens."

Q: "Huh?"

Gibbs: "Oh, sorry, did I repeat myself?"

Q: "Yes, you did. Thoughts on Tamap?"

Gibbs: "Tough place to play down there. We're gonna have to be ready. Just have to stick together and fight our guts out."

Not sure how I got my hands on this, but......

(remember-- laughter is the best medicine)

Q: "Coach Gibbs, what happened out there today?"

Gibbs: "Obviously, we fought our guts out. As a matter of fact, on my way back towards the tunnel, I found some of Jimmy Farris' guts lying around the 10 yard line."

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Q: "Any remarks on the play of Keenan McCardell?"

Gibbs: "He's a true Redskin. Keenan came in here and has been together with us since day one. He's a fighter. Did you see that three yard out he ran on 4th and 7? Thing of beauty. Just a shame he broke both hips late in the game there."

:rotflmao:

:helmet:

Q: What is the status of Reche Caldwell after getting poked in the eye with the football while his helmet was still on.

Gibbs: Well first let me just say Reche is a true Redskin. He fought his guts out out there and lost his right eye for it. It was definately a learning experience for us. He'll have a visor for next weeks game.

Archived