Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you wore a condom would you have sex with someone who has AIDS?

SUNSTONE

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Is this going to turn into a "preachy" thread now?

I feel that it is.

I don't have to preach what you already now.

This thread is like that scene in Pulp Fiction where Jackson and Travolta are in a debate over wether or not a foot massage means anything.

This thread is the "would you give a guy a foot massage?" moment. :laythehur

I think those that answer "of course not and everyone who says otherwise should have their head examined" aren't really putting themselves in the situation. I wonder if those with out a chronic condition really appreciate that life isn't forever despite our best efforts. Everything we do involves risks. At the end of the journey, did you live in a shell? Ever regret that?

I don't think me instantly turning down a hot chick because she has AIDS means I live in a shell.

Being married to a girl with AIDS and having sex with a hot girl for the hell of it who has AIDS are 2 totally different things.

If I was married, and my wife contraced AIDS, I'm sure my thought process would be a little different. (So long as she got it by a blood transfusion....)

Making love to your wife is a lot different than a one night stand with some random broad....

This is actually kind of interesting. A friend of mine got HIV from her ex-husband (he was on the DL). Over the years I learned a lot from her about it. But one thing that struck me as crazy was that she had two boyfriends who did not have it, who refused to wear condoms....REFUSED. WTF?

On a side note it is extreamly hard to pass HIV from a woman to a man. Also, if HIV is such a threat to everyone (in some ways it is) then why are most of the studies on gay men? Its hard as hell to find a study on a hetrosexual couple.

This really raises the question of the threshold of what you're willing to bear:

Is it:

(a) act knowingly with the knowledge that partner has HIV,

(B) intentionally act with possibility (or some knowledge) that partner has HIV,

© you would have to be negligent not to know that partner has HIV,

(d) you had no reason to know, or

(e) you know for sure there's no HIV present.

As you move down that list, the likelihood that you'd be willing to engage in the risky behavior increases I think.

It's an interesting question though.

Are you trying to talk yourself into sleeping with someone that has AIDS? :D

I don't have to preach what you already now.

This thread is like that scene in Pulp Fiction where Jackson and Travolta are in a debate over wether or not a foot massage means anything.

This thread is the "would you give a guy a foot massage?" moment. :laythehur

What do I already know other than...this is going to be another bible thread disguised as an interesting topic?

...and the whol foot massage thing is about intimacy...not sex.

Poor example.

Sunstone - So you speak from experience on this huh? Is the child in your life? Because if he of she is not, then how can you speak from experience and it being a nightmare? A child is the most beautiful gift in the world to some people. Obviously NOT YOU!

:laugh: well 0.5% is less then 30..

Ironic this is being discussed, just yesterday read an article about 4 people who got AIDS from an organ donor.

Funny thing - I remember reading something (Can't find the link) about some Dr's who study AIDS belive that men they really can't get it from Straight sex. They were talking about how there just doesn't seem to be enough trace of the Aids virus in womens fluid down there their transfer it.

Their theory is that the FEW reported cases where it was a man getting it from straight sex was just that the guys lied. That they were eaither having Gay sex, or were drug users, and didn't want to admit it.

Don't get me wrong - again, I would use a codom all the time. It's just that I'd be more worried about catching herpes then AIDS.

As with most decisions in life, it is simply a risk versus reward exercise.

Having sex once with any women is not worth even a very small risk of dying a horrible death because there are always other women to have sex with that dont carry that risk.

The decision has nothing to do with whatever religious/morality nonsense that the OP wants to espouse.

Sunstone - So you speak from experience on this huh? Is the child in your life? Because if he of she is not, then how can you speak from experience and it being a nightmare? A child is the most beautiful gift in the world to some people. Obviously NOT YOU!

Well when your 20, no job, and you don't get along with the mother anymore, and then add child support on top.

That's definitly a nightmare.

Nice job framing the question. Let me try my own...

Would you drive into a brick wall at 40mph with a seat belt on?

I wouldn't. Then again I don't even drive without my seatbelt on. It's not becuase I demand that they be 100% effective. It's because I know that there is a chance that I'll get into an accident and I want to reduce the odds in such a situation of me dying or getting seriously hurt. Same reason people wear condoms. You won't knowingly expose yourself to AIDS (just as you wouldn't drive into a wall) but because you know there is a chance of something going wrong... you take action to reduce the risk.

Let's move on to something else. Let's talk about your tactic here of trying to scare people into moral behavior and why I find it disturbing. First of all moral behavior is about more then just action. You aren't going to save any souls scaring people into a certain behavior because God looks into the hearts of man. Lust as the bible teaches isn't a sin in action but even in thought. The reasons for acting morally can't be self interest or fear of earthly consequence because that strips away the moral aspect of it.

If I point a gun at you and tell you to donate to a charity and you do... are you a moral man for doing so? If I kidnap your mother and instruct you to help the homeless or she gets it and you show up at the soup kitchen.. are you moral man for it? If I threaten you with a life of disease and death if you have sex... are you moral man for staying "pure" because of this fear?

Thank you RonJeremy! My words exactly! Don't be a loser! If you don't want the responsibility then Wrap It! And if you do get a girl pregnant, then be responsible and deal with it! Be a man, and get a decent job to do the best for your child!

"Perhaps you should have worn a condom."

Archived