Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wish me luck

Maxito

After an x amount of years living in this country, it is finally the time I am going to take citizenship test. This should be the easiest test I should take in my life. If I do fail I should get deported back to my country for the embarrassment.

After an x amount of years living in this country, it is finally the time I am going to take citizenship test. This should be the easiest test I should take in my life. If I do fail I should get deported back to my country for the embarrassment.
Thank you for taking the test! :applause:

I am certain you will do fine. Best of luck :cheers:

I'm pulling for you man, I live in Woodbridge too, and the political climate down there is pretty tough on non U.S. Citizens at the moment, so hopefully this will be a weight off your shoulders, as well as the beginning of your American citizenship. Good luck to you.:)

I'm pulling for you man, I live in Woodbridge too, and the political climate down there is pretty tough on non U.S. Citizens at the moment, so hopefully this will be a weight off your shoulders, as well as the beginning of your American citizenship. Good luck to you.:)

Okay -- people don't have a problem with non-US citizens... they have a problem with illegal immigrants. As someone that is married to a citizen of another country I find this extremely offensive and ignorant. I am sure you meant no malice and I am not trying to be mean but I think in future you best choose your words a little better.

Okay -- people don't have a problem with non-US citizens... they have a problem with illegal immigrants. As someone that is married to a citizen of another country I find this extremely offensive and ignorant. I am sure you meant no malice and I am not trying to be mean but I think in future you best choose your words a little better.

Why is this offensive? I see nothing wrong with this. Residents and Work only Visa residents face all kinds of ridicule every day. My wife faces tough challenges every day from Southerners who have a problem with her accent. She works at a bank and is frustrated with the comments, although I think she speaks fine for someone who's been speaking it for less than 3 years. She studies English in her country and knew a little bit.

She recently has signed up with a Speech Therapist here in Rock Hill that helps people lose their accent. She's real excited about it, but it makes me sad because her accent is so cute to me. I didn't find anything he said out of line. He was just trying to say that he can be proud to say he's a citizen if people give him crap about it.

She recently has signed up with a Speech Therapist here in Rock Hill that helps people lose their accent. She's real excited about it, but it makes me sad because her accent is so cute to me. I didn't find anything he said out of line. He was just trying to say that he can be proud to say he's a citizen if people give him crap about it.
thats just wrong. i love when someone has an accent. it adds flair and culture. she shouldnt have to give it up.

thats what i hate about living in the south. if you dont speak 'southern' you have to learn it or people look at you funny. and rock hill was too redneck for me the year i lived there. so i know how you feel.

My wife is from Peru and will be eligible to take the test next year. Only thing is, it used to cost around $300. Now she said it's over $1000 to take it.

Good Luck Maxito.

Yes it costs a lot more now. My husband is sure he is going to do it anyways... he doesn't need to. The only thing that makes him different from me is that I can vote and he can't. Because he is from Ireland most people don't even realize that is not American (accent very light after so many years here.)

I on the other hand will get my EU citizenship and have both.

Why is this offensive? QUOTE]

I think that the comment placed people that are non-citizens (ie here living/working/paying taxes on green cards or working visas) and people that are illegal immigrants (working here illegally and not paying taxes) in the same category -- there are tons of non-citizens that came here legally, the right way. My husband got his green card in his country and never worked a day here until he got it. He was fortunate that he is from a country that had a green card lottery thanks to the Irish loving Kennedy years. (the lottery no-longer exsists in the post 9/11 era)

I know what the above poster was trying to said -- I just think he was referring to illegals (I know this because my mom lives near Woodbridge) and not non-citizens.

Well to update things, I passed the test with flying colors. I kind of feel that they should make it at least a little bit harder. It was a total of 10 questions, but they gave me 6 since people only need to answer 6 out of 10.

I was kind of surprised that during the ceremony they had translators to translate for people doesn't speak English. I

Well everything went well, except when I hit a curb, and had a flat tire.

Thanks everybody for the greetings.

And to answer one of the question, Yes I did it the right way.

Archived