Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it possible for Marty II in DC? Merged

bertoskins

How about just enjoying the Gibbs II thing, Marty will never come back here and I dont want him too. I like Gibbs and I believe he will be here next year and I believe that we will do EXTREMELY well with Chad Johnson added to the team!:applause: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Who will Danny hire the next?

Lets look at who he picked: Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs. These are well-known coaches and winners before coming to Redskins. Forget Russ Grim, Ron Rivera, Josh Daniels or even Jason Garrett (unless c'girls win SB). We are not going to hire a Mike Tomlin type. It is just not flash enough for Danny.

Danny's Choices:

1. Cowher at 6 M/y

2. Cowher at 8M/year

3. Cowher at 10M/year

He also ran Deion out of town and talked down to Darrel lGreen.

He didn't run Deion out. Deion just didn't want to go through a tough TC after Norv's Club Med camp.

And as for Green, all I remember Marty doing was going up to him and trying to coach him on some technique and Green got offended. That's just the way Marty is. He treats vets the same as rookies. And to he honest, if Green didn't want to be coached then he needed to retire.

deion never should have been here imo, he didnt want to break a fingernail by tackling the ball carrier. when it was time to take on olinemen on a running play, he ran like the little cow**** he was... marty had his chance to win a sb with the chargers. we all know how well he did with that team ... marty ball, has ''no balls'' in the post season!!!

Russ almost had the Steelers job. Some say he had it and Goodell step in and told Rooney to hire Tomlin since it was Rooney who came up with the Rooney rule.

That's BS. Probably started by some racist Pittsburgh fan. Rooney wouldn't of hired Tomlin unless he thought he was the #1 guy. If you look at Rooney's track record you'll see he's not afraid to take a chance on a young, not all that well known coach. Cowher was about the same age and only had 1 year as a DC when Rooney hired him. Tomlin the same. The easy thing to do would of been staying within the team and giving Grimm or Whisenhunt the job. But it's obvious he saw more potential in Tomlin and went for it.

Besides, Grimm's interviewed for 3 or 4 HC jobs the last few years and hasn't gotten any. Maybe there's a good reason he's been passed on.

The Redskins need to stop digging into the past and sign a young, hungry coach who has not yet been a head coach. They haven't done this since they signed Joe Gibbs the first time in 1981. Petitbon was elevated from the ranks, Turner wasn't exactly young and certainly not hungry, Marty is old and sucks in the playoffs, Spurrier is just a college whiz-kid, and then we get Gibbs back without any of his old fire.

You guys are talking about the superbowl when we can't even get to the playoffs. All I know is we need a coach who can consistently get us to the playoffs. My choice would be either Marty Schottenheimer or Bill Cowher. Winning the superbowl ain't easy. One superbowl in 15 years is actually a great achievement.

Schottenheimer was the best coach we had between the time Gibbs retired and when he returned. He just got off to a bad start. Stephen Davis and Michael Westbrook did okay in the westcoast offense.

But I don't think Marty will ever come back to Washington. Why would he come back? That wouldn't be wise. He was a huge part of the four coach debacle in four seasons before Gibbs replaced Spurrier.

it seems we'll never agree on Martyball,one thing we do agree on is we want this team to get back to the SB. GIBBS1 did it after 3 seasons.. MARTY has done it after how many seasons???? The point is if all of REDSKINS nation wants to get back to the SB Marty II is gonna make it happen in how many seasons????????

One more time, why are you guys worried about "choking in the playoffs" when we can't even get to the playoffs in the first place. I rather see a winning record instead of a season of mediocrity. I don't mind going 14-2 and losing in the playoffs. How about a solid team for a change? We have been a losing team for years now. Let's get to the playoffs first and then talk about the superbowl.

If Spurrier had this whole team we would be 8-1 and I could say 9-0. Spurriers run and gun might have even beat the Pats. The team he had sucked.

Oh and as for the coach, I say bring in Urban Meyer or Jason Garrett. Keep Saunders as the OC and keep Williams as the DC.

:doh: Really? And what would be the point of keeping Al Saunders if we hire Jason Garrett? I can't believe anyone would ever say such a thing about Spurrier.

I know this is absurd, but given the situation of Gibbs II, we might take a look at Marty II in DC. With GW and Al as assistants.

I know Marty 1 has an 8-8 record, but during that time our team is complete mess, with LaVar and Banks as our star players. But now given our young talents. I think marty II can do wonders just like what he did when he restore glory to the lowly chargers.

I love marty, because his ability to lead his team to regular season and play offs. He a hardnose coach. And all the things he does always works in the regular season.

I know Danny will not permit this to happen once again. But maybe with Gibbs handpicking him will help Dannys decision.

Never happen.

People always want an up and comer until they got it. When they get it they'll want an experienced coach who knows what he's doing...

If Gibbs II does fail I would be all for Marty II. The guy, though he's had questionable decisions in the past is one of the best coaches in the league and can make a winner of any team.

One more time, why are you guys worried about "choking in the playoffs" when we can't even get to the playoffs in the first place. I rather see a winning record instead of a season of mediocrity. I don't mind going 14-2 and losing in the playoffs. How about a solid team for a change? We have been a losing team for years now. Let's get to the playoffs first and then talk about the superbowl.

Since Gibbs' last playoff win in 1992, it took him exactly two seasons to get another playoff win.

Since Marty's last playoff win in 1993, he's coached 11 seasons and hasn't won another one.

11 seasons. Not one playoff win. Let that sink in for a moment.

Now, you may argue that at least he GETS to the playoffs a lot, right? Well, not really.

Of those past 11 seasons in which Marty failed to win a playoff game, his teams have only GONE to the playoffs 5 times. That's less often than every other year. If Gibbs somehow gets us into the playoff this year, he's doing better than Marty.

And Marty's teams since that 1993 playoff win (eleven seasons) have only won more than 9 games four times. It's not like he builds perennial contenders every year. And when he does finally build one, it embarrasses itself in the playoffs. Every. Single. Time.

No thanks.

Archived