Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it possible for Marty II in DC? Merged

bertoskins

Besides a quarterback and a head coach...what this team needs and will NOT win until it gets it...is a defense. If you cannot stop people you cannot score.

This team needs a pass rushing defensive end....and defensive tackle who can stuff people up the middle....and an outside linebacker who can tackle and blitz. Forget all those safeties and corners we keep drafting because we have been doing that for 15 years to no avail.

It all starts up front and the game ends up front. I have been talking this way for 15 years and nobody listens....as evidenced by the Skins continued losing seasons while they merrily merrily merrily paddle down the stream picking up corners and safeties.

I know this is absurd, but given the situation of Gibbs II, we might take a look at Marty II in DC. With GW and Al as assistants.

I know Marty 1 has an 8-8 record, but during that time our team is complete mess, with LaVar and Banks as our star players. But now given our young talents. I think marty II can do wonders just like what he did when he restore glory to the lowly chargers.

I love marty, because his ability to lead his team to regular season and play offs. He a hardnose coach. And all the things he does always works in the regular season.

I know Danny will not permit this to happen once again. But maybe with Gibbs handpicking him will help Dannys decision.

"Marty ball" = Joe Gibbs 2.0, scared ball = -q + (-q)= 0

I'll be honest I'd like fresh fresh blood.

I'd take Cowher, if not Greg Williams, I'd go looking for some other former Skin player (Surely we have SOMEONE that would love the Job) Otherwise go tug on Pete Carrol's door bell, go rap on Les Miles door. Send Redskins 1 for Rich Rodriguez, and while were at it, let's add a minority candidate to the mix, how about Doug Williams? He coached in college a bit at Grambling. Let's do Something to spice this thing thing up. shake it up reall good and come up with something knew!. If Williams wants to go then fine, I'd try to retain Saunders if we can though.

Snyder will not bring in a GM. He had no say in decision making the year Marty was here and he got bored. That is why Marty was let go. No decent GM would ever want to work here the way Vinny does with Dan.

No doubt....we will get a GM about five minutes before the end of the world.

It's too late to bring Marty back. Too much bad blood between the Schottys and the Danny Boy. I have a feeling, though, had he stuck around we may have had more than one trip to the playoffs in the last five seasons.

You know, it's amazing to me how incompetent our front office and ownership is when you look at their past blunders. They kind of remind me of American Idol rejects who are really passionate about wanting to succeed, and show up year after year only to get laughed off of the stage by the judges.

Archived