Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it possible for Marty II in DC? Merged

bertoskins

If Spurrier had this whole team we would be 8-1 and I could say 9-0. Spurriers run and gun might have even beat the Pats. The team he had sucked. .

You just showed off what little football knowledge you've got.

You know why we'd be worse off with the OBC?? He'd be on his 3rd QB right now because both the starter and second string QB would be on IR.

The man knew jack squat about protecting the QB.

I liked Marty and thought that he got a raw deal. I doubt very sincerely that he would get a second shot. His protege' Bill Cowher might be the next redskins coach, but I don't know about Marty again. Marty did a lot to get this franchise back in order and he was unceremonially dropped for Spurrier who did worse than what Marty did. I wouldn't be opposed to it and I would welcome it, but extremely unlikely that it would happen again.

I'm sure Marty is dying for the chance to work for Snyder again. :laugh: Not gonna happen man.

Spurrier was a better coach then gibbs

if spurrier had this defense he would win 10-12 games.

If Spurrier had this whole team we would be 8-1 and I could say 9-0. Spurriers run and gun might have even beat the Pats. The team he had sucked.
What short memories we have.

I remember reading that Snyder and Schottenheimer get along pretty well now, but I doubt that there is any possibility of Schottenheimer returning although I admit that the Redskins really could do worse. As for Norv Turner, he's simply not head coaching material and it baffles me why the Raiders and Chargers didn't figure that out.

If Spurrier had this whole team we would be 8-1 and I could say 9-0. Spurriers run and gun might have even beat the Pats. The team he had sucked.

Oh and as for the coach, I say bring in Urban Meyer or Jason Garrett. Keep Saunders as the OC and keep Williams as the DC.

Great post. The run and gun needed slight tweaks, but it worked. Spurrier needed a GM to handle personnel decisions so he could focus on coaching.

Urban Meyer seems tantalizing but not as much as Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett is one of the most creative playcallers in the NFL. He is going to be an excellent head coach and I think it would be wise for us to pounce and give him the HC job.

You just showed off what little football knowledge you've got.

You know why we'd be worse off with the OBC?? He'd be on his 3rd QB right now because both the starter and second string QB would be on IR.

The man knew jack squat about protecting the QB.

I guess you're right but I do know football. I just think that if Spurrier was here and our o-line still blocked as well as it has been or had been (2005 season) then we'd be very good right now. Jason would be let loose and we'd get to see how good he really is.

Great post. The run and gun needed slight tweaks, but it worked. Spurrier needed a GM to handle personnel decisions so he could focus on coaching.

Urban Meyer seems tantalizing but not as much as Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett is one of the most creative playcallers in the NFL. He is going to be an excellent head coach and I think it would be wise for us to pounce and give him the HC job.

I'd be estacic if we somehow found a way to lure him away from Dallas and come here. He would fully recognize JC's potential and use it to it's best. Like he has done with Romo sits to pee.

And Portis would be even better b/c he'd be able to run out of a spread WR set formation which would allow more yards up the middle, thus more TD's.

I I just think that if Spurrier was here and our o-line still blocked as well as it has been or had been (2005 season) then we'd be very good right now.

But therein lies the problem.

Most of the lineman(Thomas,Jansen,Samuels and Dockery,the 2005 line) were here when Spurrier ran his Chuck and Duck offense.

SOS was lost and we all knew it. Spurrier even knew he was way over his head when he walked away on his own. We were in a mess with Spurrier and his offense went backwards in 2003 instead of forward. Ramsey spent half of the game on his back.

I would not be against another shot with Marty. He finally got everyone to buy into his system by the halfway point and we were winning with a bad QB and no receivers.

I'm like others though. I would like for us to find a good up and coming asst. And no college coaches. Recruiting is 80% of college coaching success. We've seen already with Spurrier, Saban and even back in the 1970s, Lou Holtz the difference in college and pro coaching. Jimmy Johnson was pretty good, but look at the personel he had in Dallas. Any coach could have won a Super Bowl with that team. We saw in his stint in Miami(dolphins) that he wasn't the great coach he appeared to be in Dallas.

Russ Grimm has been a NFL coach for 16 years and no owner has given him a shot at a Hc job.

There is a reason for that, HE"S NOT HC MATERIAL!

For God's sake, wake up to that fact!

END RANT

That said, it's time for Gibbs II to end and for Danny to to consult the Rooney's as to how to run an NFL franchise.

Yesterday made me physically ill.

A lot of assistants have that problem Herm edwards comes to mind not the greatest coach but gets the job done also Tony Dungy and Lovie smith were assistants for 10 plus years.

Archived