Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it possible for Marty II in DC? Merged

bertoskins

The coach I wouldn't mind seeing running this team would Mike Singeltary or maybe even find a coach out of the Tony Dungy coaching tree. Someone with fire like Mike Tomlin.

We just need a coach who can relate to players better and have enough balls to play to win or to dominate.

don't forget the T.J. Duckett trade...

I didn't. That was a direct result of the Brunell trade. If we don't trade for Brunell, he isn't starting in preseason against Cincy. He doesn't throw that pick and Portis doesn't need to make the tackle that resulted in his injury which made us bring in TJ.

Worse then the Ditka fiasco? For Ricky "420" Williams?

Yes. Without Brunell, Gibbs reputation would not have been ruined. The blind devotion to that worthless exuse for a qb was the biggest downfall of Gibbs II. I honestly think without Brunell, we would have been in the SB in 2005. Without Brunell, we would have had a healthy CP in 2006.

Let me guess his first name was Jimmy and he sent herschal walker to the vikings for the biggest and dumbest trade of all time

Still had to turn those picks into players. We had the same shot with the Ricky Williams trade and we failed miserably. That was the trade that should have launched us like the Walker deal launched Dallas.

Give credit when credit is due. The Vikings may have made a bonehead move, but Jimmy Johnson still had to make those picks.

As for Marty 2, thanks but no thanks.

I've grown slightly nostalgic for Marty's year of tough love, but I don't think I want him back at this point. If a coaching change is made, I want us to hire a freaking GM and then let him find a young and hungry coach with an innovative mind. Easier said than done I know but that's what I'm hoping for.

I'd accept Marty back in DC with the biggest open arms that I ever could possibly make. Marty had an 8-8 record, but was the leader who won 8 of his last 11 games. Marty lost the first 5 games of the year due to a stupid mutany by the players. We wouldn't have lost these games at the end with him at the helm or had all of these stupid problems. People get on Marty for not winning the Superbowl but the man is a proven winner. In San Deigo they are crying for letting him go. Marty would be a hell of a coach here but the reality is that our dumb ass owner ruined him ever coming back. Thanks alot Dan, sure was great we had to suffer through those Sperior years :( The worst mistake Snyder has made in his tenure as owner was dumping Marty. He wouldn't make that same mistake again.

I know this is absurd, but given the situation of Gibbs II, we might take a look at Marty II in DC. With GW and Al as assistants.

I know Marty 1 has an 8-8 record, but during that time our team is complete mess, with LaVar and Banks as our star players. But now given our young talents. I think marty II can do wonders just like what he did when he restore glory to the lowly chargers.

I love marty, because his ability to lead his team to regular season and play offs. He a hardnose coach. And all the things he does always works in the regular season.

I know Danny will not permit this to happen once again. But maybe with Gibbs handpicking him will help Dannys decision.

Stop playing Marty!!!

If I were snyder, Marty would be our next head coach. What this team needs to do is win, no matter what. Screw superbowls. You can't get to the superbowl if you can't win the damn games. Marty IMHO has only been unlucky. He will win the superbowl if given another chance. He needs to be in the hall of fame when he retires.

Russ Grimm has been a NFL coach for 16 years and no owner has given him a shot at a Hc job.

There is a reason for that, HE"S NOT HC MATERIAL!

For God's sake, wake up to that fact!

END RANT

That said, it's time for Gibbs II to end and for Danny to to consult the Rooney's as to how to run an NFL franchise.

Yesterday made me physically ill.

Russ almost had the Steelers job. Some say he had it and Goodell step in and told Rooney to hire Tomlin since it was Rooney who came up with the Rooney rule.

Archived