Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins draft Marcus Monk WR (Arkansas)next season?

michael_33

:doh: Not only is it WAY to early to be talking about next April's draft, but with the fact that you're still talking about a DE when our D-line has been playing outstanding this season is just......well stupid.

and your opinion is just plain stupid :doh:

philip daniels is 34 years old and if we could acquire an every down pass rushing talent to put besides andre carter our D would be insane

WTF are you talking about? Tennesee's defense is horrid EVERY year :laugh:

Thats true, but my point is still valid.

Well if you want to talk WR, you have to think about Manningham from Michigan if he decides to leave. Monk I think would be a nice receiver. I'm pretty sure he'll work hard to become a nice receiver. I think Manningham is 6'4, with good hands and nice speed. So there is someone to think about too.

Or Sweed.

Well if you want to talk WR, you have to think about Manningham from Michigan if he decides to leave. Monk I think would be a nice receiver. I'm pretty sure he'll work hard to become a nice receiver. I think Manningham is 6'4, with good hands and nice speed. So there is someone to think about too.

Actually Manningham is barely 6'0". He just seems to play bigger than he is.

For DE, the Redskins are projected as getting Quentin Groves out of Auburn with around the 15th pick. The 15th pick is a decent projection for our record, although I hope we draft a little later (;)). For that pick, we could draft one of the lower rated DEs of the first round (such as Groves) or we could pick up Adarius Bowman. Bowman will probably be the second-rated WR coming out of the NCAA (second to DeSean Jackson from Cal). DeSean Jackson is a Santana Moss clone, and we don't need him (and he'll probably be gone by our pick anyway). Getting Bowman with the 15th - 20th pick would probably give us much more value than getting Groves who is a pure pass rusher.

I would love to bring Quentin Groves in, but I think he translates more as a LB in the NFL, either 4-3 or 3-4 OLB. His is not the size we can look for in a 4-3 DE that we like to use.

I personally would like to draft Chris Long out of UVA, who may be available in the 2nd round, or Calais Campbell from THE U! It'd also be cool to take a late round flier on Dexter Manley II, just to see a Manley on the team agian.

It's looking like a WR should be selected sometime on the first day, preferably a big bodied guy. I'm not losing faith in Santana after one bad game, I still think he is our #1 and ARE is our #2. Since it's looking like Lloyd is going to be released next year it would be nice to get a young guy in at #3 seeing as Thrash and McCardell aren't exactly spring chickens. Although I am curious to see how Espy rebounds from his injury.

It'd also be cool to take a late round flier on Dexter Manley II, just to see a Manley on the team agian.

It's settled, we draft Monk & Manley next year. Then we watch Art Monk & Darrell Green get inducted into the Hall. All of this will be icing on the cake after Gibbs brings us another Lombardi.

:doh: Not only is it WAY to early to be talking about next April's draft, but with the fact that you're still talking about a DE when our D-line has been playing outstanding this season is just......well stupid.

No, I think a replacement for the aging Phillips Daniels is not too crazy an idea. The DL is playing great because they are healthy. They still don't have the disruptor on the DL can cause problems on any given play. Also. a big WR would be a great addition as well. (Just look at Dwayne Bowe for KC) The scouting department is definitely looking at college prospects at these two respective positions and probably OL now. But I also don't know what the college ranks have to offer yet. I would take the best player at any of those three positions in the first round.

your stupid, Bag of chips is terrible, he needs to be 2nd string (Phillip daniels).

I'll make a bet right now, they will not draft a DE in the first round. They will draft a CB or LB.

If they go LB, I'm throwing in my vote for Dan Connor. This isn't even homer bias talking, that kid if an animal.

However, we don't need a LB as much as other positions. I don't know why so many people are high on Calais Campbell. I've seen two Miami games this season and he was non-existent in both of them. I like the idea of grabbing Limas Sweed, that guy looks to be a stud. I don't know too much about D-Ends in this draft, I haven't seen a standout yet in any of the games I've seen. LSU had one of two guys on the line I wouldn't mind seeing in burgundy and gold, but that's it.

Hopefully, this talk is premature, because I'm hoping our pick is 20 or later.

I disagree with taking a defensive lineman in the first because the draft is supposed to be riddled with Dline talent. We need to take best available in the first, hopefully that equates to an offensive lineman. I do believe we need to start looking at WR as well but not a big slow WR. A big fast WR in the Manningham stature would be nice.

For all those screaming for an O-lineman, you have to realize that we are not hurting for a tackle. Come next year, we'll still have Samuels, Wade, and Heyer on our roster. We may pick up Whitticker for guard to shore up that position, but we'll still have Thomas and Kendall there. You can usually pick up centers and guards who perform well in later rounds (second and third). Tackles are usually the ones who get all the publicity and high round selections in the draft. That's why Ben Grubbs, probably the best guard available in the draft, went to the Ravens at the 29th overall pick. We could probably get a top two or top three guard from this draft in the second round. As for tackle, we are good for another couple years, and a DE in the first round would help us out much more.

We should with Limas sweed in the first if we draft WR. If not we should go with Glen Dorsey dt from LSU or Lawrence Jackson DE from USC.

Sweed is out for the season because he had to have surgery on his wrist. That means he will likely drop to the 2nd or even 3rd round (depends on his Combine and workouts) where we should make sure we pick him up. The guy is the real deal. Big, strong, fast and has amazing hands. He is tough too (he injured the wrist before the season started and played through a bunch of pain anyway until he finally couldn't do it anymore). Some highlights:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw

1st round- DE (run stopper and pass rusher hybrid)

2nd round- O-line (guard or tackle)

3rd round- CB

We can get Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals. 6-3, 215. Has size and speed and won't cost a bundle.

My gut feeling is Marcus Washington will be a cap casualty and we'll move Rocky to SAM and bring in Lance Briggs for WIL.

Also, Calais Campbell will be gone by the time our pick rolls around. I'd take UVA's Chris Long over Campbell any day. Dude has a non-stop motor. Plays the run as well as the pass. Local kid (Howie lives in VA). He creates turnovers and sacks. Campbell is just 6-8 and I really haven't heard his name mentioned much.

Archived