Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins draft Marcus Monk WR (Arkansas)next season?

michael_33

1st round- DE (run stopper and pass rusher hybrid)

2nd round- O-line (guard or tackle)

3rd round- CB

We can get Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals. 6-3, 215. Has size and speed and won't cost a bundle.

My gut feeling is Marcus Washington will be a cap casualty and we'll move Rocky to SAM and bring in Lance Briggs for WIL.

Also, Calais Campbell will be gone by the time our pick rolls around. I'd take UVA's Chris Long over Campbell any day. Dude has a non-stop motor. Plays the run as well as the pass. Local kid (Howie lives in VA). He creates turnovers and sacks. Campbell is just 6-8 and I really haven't heard his name mentioned much.

We have corner depth. We need WR's D-ends.Thats what this draft should focus. Other then that a DT Maybe but biggest need is DE and WR.

I wouldnt mind something like Glen Dorsey, Chris Long or Lawrence Jackson in the first a Andre Caldwell in the second either. Add even more speed to our WR core. And still pickup another fast tall reciever reciever.

No... Marcus Monk is SLOW!!! yes, he has the same frame as Plaxiglass, but Marcus Monk is way slower than Plaxiglass...

if you're looking for a Tall, Physical, and Fast receiver in the later rounds look at Ernie Wheelwright from Minnesota.. dude is under the radar but he is MONEY!

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38606&SPID=3280&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=261198&Q_SEASON=2007

If they go LB, I'm throwing in my vote for Dan Connor. This isn't even homer bias talking, that kid if an animal.

However, we don't need a LB as much as other positions. I don't know why so many people are high on Calais Campbell. I've seen two Miami games this season and he was non-existent in both of them. I like the idea of grabbing Limas Sweed, that guy looks to be a stud. I don't know too much about D-Ends in this draft, I haven't seen a standout yet in any of the games I've seen. LSU had one of two guys on the line I wouldn't mind seeing in burgundy and gold, but that's it.

Hopefully, this talk is premature, because I'm hoping our pick is 20 or later.

i don't know much about Calais Campbell... but, an under the radar DE is Tim Jamison from Michigan...

Actually Manningham is barely 6'0". He just seems to play bigger than he is.

Yeah, I just seen that. Well either Sweed, if he falls in the second round, or go after Arrignton too from Michigan. He's having a real good senior year at Michigan. It's all about what you do at the combine, their workout, and attitude towards the game. But I would say all 3 are good pick-ups.

Get DE throught FA.

through the draft, draft the top Guards available with our 1st pick, ala BeN Grubbs or a Tackle like Marcus McNiel clone

Later in Draft, draft WR like a Demetrius Williams, WR from Bmore clone,

BIG TE, like a Ben Watson

trade down cuz o-line are usually found in the 2nd 3rd round. .

pick up some o-line guards .. a center .. then a tackle.

I would like to brin gin Mason back cuz he was a gifted RB.

:doh: Not only is it WAY to early to be talking about next April's draft, but with the fact that you're still talking about a DE when our D-line has been playing outstanding this season is just......well stupid.

I dunno. I'd rather not wait until they have a really bad season, have a young talent ready to step in.

Todd McShay just gave his top five college players (draft-wise) on ESPN. Here they are:

5. QB Matt Ryan (Boston College)

4. OT Jake Long (Michigan)

3. DT Glenn Dorsey (LSU)

2. DE Chris Long (UVA)

1. RB Darren McFadden (Arkansas)

It seems like this QB class might be better than the Leinart/Cutler/Young trio from two years ago. There's Andre Woodson from Kentucky, Brian Brohm from Louisville, and obviously Matt Ryan from Boston College. Now, considering we're going to pick in the 12 - 17 range, we might miss out on some of the great DEs of the draft (Chris Long and Calais Campbell), and picking one in that range probably won't yield much value. For WRs, we might be able to nab Limas Sweed, Adarius Bowman, or Malcolm Kelly, which would give us great value.

What I'm thinking, though, is that we take one of those great QBs that I mentioned (all of them will be NFL superstars, except for maybe Ryan), and then trade him for a better talent. For instance, what if we trade Andre Woodson and Ladell Betts for Chris Long? Would anyone be able to turn that down? Just a thought.

trade down cuz o-line are usually found in the 2nd 3rd round. .

pick up some o-line guards .. a center .. then a tackle.

I would like to brin gin Mason back cuz he was a gifted RB.

If past history (while Gibbs was here the first time) dictates this, then they usually get OL in the 3rd Round or later. I also, seem to remember Williams saying he wanted to focus on CB / LB for next year. So, I see CB / LB in the first 2 rounds, then OL / DL. Of course this all depends on the FA next offseason.

Todd McShay just gave his top five college players (draft-wise) on ESPN. Here they are:

5. QB Matt Ryan (Boston College)

4. OT Jake Long (Michigan)

3. DT Glenn Dorsey (LSU)

2. DE Chris Long (UVA)

1. RB Darren McFadden (Arkansas)

It seems like this QB class might be better than the Leinart/Cutler/Young trio from two years ago. There's Andre Woodson from Kentucky, Brian Brohm from Louisville, and obviously Matt Ryan from Boston College. Now, considering we're going to pick in the 12 - 17 range, we might miss out on some of the great DEs of the draft (Chris Long and Calais Campbell), and picking one in that range probably won't yield much value. For WRs, we might be able to nab Limas Sweed, Adarius Bowman, or Malcolm Kelly, which would give us great value.

What I'm thinking, though, is that we take one of those great QBs that I mentioned (all of them will be NFL superstars, except for maybe Ryan), and then trade him for a better talent. For instance, what if we trade Andre Woodson and Ladell Betts for Chris Long? Would anyone be able to turn that down? Just a thought.

That is weird since most places have Brohm and Woodson higher than Ryan. I doubt Chris Long will go top 15 so we could probably pick him up with our 1st rounder and then in the 2nd round pick up Sweed...that would be a steal and a half IMO. He would have been an easy 1st rounder but he had to have surgery on his wrist so he is pretty much out for the season so he will most likely slip to the 2nd.

That is weird since most places have Brohm and Woodson higher than Ryan. I doubt Chris Long will go top 15 so we could probably pick him up with our 1st rounder and then in the 2nd round pick up Sweed...that would be a steal and a half IMO. He would have been an easy 1st rounder but he had to have surgery on his wrist so he is pretty much out for the season so he will most likely slip to the 2nd.

If that situation happens, I will literally cream my pants on the spot. A lot of the boards that I have been checking out, however, have been giving a lot of props to Chris Long. He's having a good year. Pair that with Calais Campbell having an off year (I bet he's getting double teamed constantly), and he'll probably shoot up draft boards by then end of the season. Hopefully he has a bad combine, and drops out of the top 15. I think Limas Sweed will be like this year's Adrian Peterson, except that since he's a WR, he won't get the benefit of the doubt, so he'll drop a round.

Little early to be looking at the draft. We still have a lot of good games left to play, and possibly playoffs.

However, I've been a huge optimist with our defense, even saying before the season started that I believed the D would be top 10 unti again (I put my sig on the line). I wanted a DE in this past draft, but when we took Landry, I realized shortly after the reason why, and once again came to the realiztion that the coaches know more than I do. That being said, I too agree we need a DE out of next years draft.

So you think our D-line is good?You don't think that maybe they are overachieving a little bit?

You're Awesome! :cheers:

No I don't think that our D-line is good, I think that they're great. And as far as Daniels getting old, he was/is getting replaced by Marcus Washington (when he's healthy).

I know I'm awesome, your mom tells me everyday.

:doh: Not only is it WAY to early to be talking about next April's draft, but with the fact that you're still talking about a DE when our D-line has been playing outstanding this season is just......well stupid.

It is Never, Ever too early to talk about the current draft. Its too early to talk about the 2016 NFL draft, but not the 2008 draft.

I want a DE in the top two rounds in April, but I wouldn't mind getting one in the second round. It seems lately that last 1sts and 2nd rounders seem to pan out, as they generally are judged by their above average combine bust mostly their college career.

No I don't think that our D-line is good, I think that they're great. And as far as Daniels getting old, he was/is getting replaced by Marcus Washington (when he's healthy).

Yeah, who needs a big DE in a 4-3 scheme? Just replace 'em with guys 20+ lbs lighter than Carter. That works wonders for run defense.

What excuse will this fanbase and franchise use next to ignore our upcoming DE problem??

James Hardy is who we should get should he come out early. Hes 6'6"-6'7" 220. Plays for Indiana and I know theyre not a college powerhouse but hes been producing since hes started for them. Was watching PSU vs Indiana today and Hardy made Justin King (who is one of the best DBs in college right now) his b****. I havent seen him going in the first round in any mock drafts, so he might be available in the 2nd round. If he does well in the combine look for him to dart up though.

James Hardy is who we should get should he come out early. Hes 6'6"-6'7" 220. Plays for Indiana and I know theyre not a college powerhouse but hes been producing since hes started for them. Was watching PSU vs Indiana today and Hardy made Justin King (who is one of the best DBs in college right now) his b****. I havent seen him going in the first round in any mock drafts, so he might be available in the 2nd round. If he does well in the combine look for him to dart up though.

I concur, I've been watching Indiana for a while now and that kid can straight up ball. I wouldn't mind having him on the skins, he is an excellent possession receiver/deep threat all in one package. I love the the way he always sticks his hands out to get a catch rather than wait for it to hit him. He's got all the fundamentals to be a great NFL wide receiver.

And yea I watched all of todays game, man that guy just straight up took a ball that I thought was gonna be an int for King right away from him. He made King look like a chump out there..

Archived