Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins draft Marcus Monk WR (Arkansas)next season?

michael_33

I'm sorry for asking a question that is way to early to even think about....But I can't help but wonder what a big WR would do for Jason Campbell...

I also ask this because since Monk has been hurt,that maybe he slips in the 2nd round or further for us....I still HOPE we draft a DE in the 1st next year,but would love to see this kid at Wideout for us!

Does anyone else share the same thoughts regarding Marcus Monk or should we look in a different direction on WR's?

Sweet draft?

-------------

1st round=DE

2nd round=M.Monk

3rd round=O-lineman

Isn't Monk like 6'6" or something,like Plaxico Burress?

:doh: Not only is it WAY to early to be talking about next April's draft, but with the fact that you're still talking about a DE when our D-line has been playing outstanding this season is just......well stupid.

So you think our D-line is good?You don't think that maybe they are overachieving a little bit?

You're Awesome! :cheers:

Now this is probably a really stupid question, but is Marcus Monk related to Art Monk? I would assume not, because I think that if he was we would have heard alot about it.

here is your anwser direct from Yahoo Anwsers.

Marcus Monk of Arkansas is NOT the son of Art Monk. Marcus Monk is from the state of Arkansas but Art Monk and his family live in New York and near D.C.

Accoring to an Arkansas fan site (link below) Marcus is the son of Dewayne Perry and Jackie Monk.

Art Monk does have a son (James) and 2 daughters.

Put Art in the Hall of Fame! Go Skins!

:doh: Not only is it WAY to early to be talking about next April's draft, but with the fact that you're still talking about a DE when our D-line has been playing outstanding this season is just......well stupid.

It's thinking like this that has lead this franchise to ignore the Dline on day one of the draft(rounds 1-3) for over 11 years.

Who was the last DE we drafted on day one? Kenard Lang,1997.

It's never too early to talk about the draft. I still say that we need to go defensive line, preferably an end to compliment Andre Carter, with that first-round pick. Second round, go offensive line and address receiver in the third round at the earliest.

I don't think it's ever too early to talk about draft prospects. Hell, what do you think Gibbs scouting crew is doing right now?

As for Monk, this guy is a red zone beast, but unfortunately I haven't seen much of him this season. He was injured for about 5 games, so he might drop in the draft.

What I don't get is why everyone on this boards seems enamored with this guy. Yes, he's tall, but he comes from a running offense in Arkansas, which probably means that he's not asked to do much. I think there are better big WRs coming up in this draft, including Adarius Bowman out of Oklahoma St. (although, he'll be gone by the time the second round rolls around) and Malcolm Kelly out of Oklahoma (who's being compared to Roy Williams). Kelly is being projected anywhere from first round to third round, so I'm not sure what scouts think of him, but from what I've seen of each, they are both athletic and huge.

Monk is a slow tall WR, which makes him a TE in the NFL.

I don't think that's fair at all. Have you ever seen him play?

I don't normally get excited about College Wide Receivers... but Monk is one I could see being an absolute BEAST in the NFL. He's got size, speed, agility, and great hands. He's one of those athletes that you see play and you instantly know that there is something special about them.

I said Mike Williams would be a bust from USC. I've never really drank the koolaid on any College WR... but if we could get Monk in a 'Skins uni I'd be eccstatic.

Monk hasnt done anything to warrant a 3rd round pick. He put up good numbers for a running team last year, but he got all his numbers in 3 games (Vandy, Tennessee, and South Carolina) He's not going that high.

Numbers don't mean much in College, if anything at all. Especially at WR, because 90% of it is scheme and QB. We should be focusing on his abilities and his physical attributes, which are imposing.

I'm telling you Monk is going to be a monster in the NFL.

And what are you doing in the Stadium? :laugh:

For DE, the Redskins are projected as getting Quentin Groves out of Auburn with around the 15th pick. The 15th pick is a decent projection for our record, although I hope we draft a little later (;)). For that pick, we could draft one of the lower rated DEs of the first round (such as Groves) or we could pick up Adarius Bowman. Bowman will probably be the second-rated WR coming out of the NCAA (second to DeSean Jackson from Cal). DeSean Jackson is a Santana Moss clone, and we don't need him (and he'll probably be gone by our pick anyway). Getting Bowman with the 15th - 20th pick would probably give us much more value than getting Groves who is a pure pass rusher.

We will probably address one or the other need (WR or DE) through free agency with either going after Larry Fitzgerald via a trade or picking up an under-the-radar DE. I think the one that is not addressed through FA will be our first choice during the draft. I personally think that we will not get value when using a pick on a DE late in the first round, and that we should try to pick up Bowman.

Why do members on this board repeatedly have to call other fellow Redskins fans stupid for expressing an opinion? I see way too much of this on this board.

Anyway, I think we need to address the d-line in next year's draft. The fact that they have played a couple of good games doesn't take away the need for a left DE and a defensive tackle.

I don't think that's fair at all. Have you ever seen him play?

I don't normally get excited about College Wide Receivers... but Monk is one I could see being an absolute BEAST in the NFL. He's got size, speed, agility, and great hands. He's one of those athletes that you see play and you instantly know that there is something special about them.

I said Mike Williams would be a bust from USC. I've never really drank the koolaid on any College WR... but if we could get Monk in a 'Skins uni I'd be eccstatic.

Yeah, you saw him play Tennessee last year. He had 137 yards and 2 scores. Tennessee's defense last year was horrid.

Well if you want to talk WR, you have to think about Manningham from Michigan if he decides to leave. Monk I think would be a nice receiver. I'm pretty sure he'll work hard to become a nice receiver. I think Manningham is 6'4, with good hands and nice speed. So there is someone to think about too.

Archived