Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is not a debate about hockey.

Spaceman Spiff

For you thick headed dolts out there, I repeat. This is not a debate about hockey.

What this thread is, is a place to bash hockey.

Post here if you're bummed that hockey season starts today. For the next 8 months you'll be subjected to annoying highlights on sportscenter that detract time from sports that people actually care about (Football, basketball, baseball).

You'll also be subjected to playoffs that take ENTIRELY too long. What kind of sport allows half the goddamn league in? Your hockey team must really suck if you can't make the playoffs.

I wish they'd have another strike again. That year they missed was freakin sweet.

Atleast you guys don't live in Sweden where it you have to sit trough five minutes of highlights of every point scored by a swedish NHL player that day on every sport show. And then after that it's a 10 minute in depth analysis of the swedish league games. Urggh.

You think you got it bad? try not being a hockey fan in a country obsessed about hockey.

From now on my 1/2 hour sports shows will go something like this:

X:30-X:38-Hockey, show highlights about last nights games-90% of the highlights are missed shots, guy wincing on the bench and dumb signs in the crowd.

X:38-X:40-Commericals.

X:40-X:46-Show hockey highlights of last nights games-same games just highlights we didnt get to the first time.

X:46-X:48- Commericals

X:48-X:56- All the football, baseball and basketball highlights from the past day, followed by 6 "hockey puck" talking heads discussing how many different ways the NHL sucks-but they all love it.

X:56-X:58-Commericals

X:58-X:00- highlights of the night (note-9 out of the 10 will be hockey all of which where shown earlier)- followed by one of the original 6 hockey pucks giving his take on something else hockey.

Hour long shows follow the same format, just MORE HOCKEY!!!!!!!!

Please American brothers, I beg fo you, plead for more NHL teams in a city near you, so Bettman can foolish grant the expansion wishes and in turn, bankrupt his league. Its the only way to stop this stupid sport from playing all the time. The men who run that league are so stupid and stuck in 1964 that most of them think helmets are for wussies. its time to take this old dog out back and put it out of its misery.

Meh ... I don't mind so much. A few good goals every now and then are OK - better than baseball highlights where you know the fat dude is going to hit the ball over the fence before they show it.

I'm not sure what channel I'd have to turn on any more to find a whole hockey game. Weren't the playoffs on Nick at Night, or something, last year?

For you thick headed dolts out there, I repeat. This is not a debate about hockey.

What this thread is, is a place to bash hockey.

Post here if you're bummed that hockey season starts today. For the next 8 months you'll be subjected to annoying highlights on sportscenter that detract time from sports that people actually care about (Football, basketball, baseball).

You'll also be subjected to playoffs that take ENTIRELY too long. What kind of sport allows half the goddamn league in? Your hockey team must really suck if you can't make the playoffs.

I wish they'd have another strike again. That year they missed was freakin sweet.

You're high. Hockey is awesome.

Ok, I'm done. Carry on.

:cheers:

Screw your intentions....

I like hockey. It's not nearly as cool to follow as football and baseball but going to a Caps game is a ton of fun.

And who the hell still watches Sportscenter anyways? Hockey highlights or no hockey highlights, that show sucks now.

QFT. I am so happy that the playoffs are finally here because that means that it is almost over. Someone please make it go away. Baseball goes on and on and on........

Baseball playoffs aren't nearly as long as hockey playoffs. Hockey playoffs are the all time worst.

Half the league makes the ****ing playoffs in hockey.

Baseball playoffs aren't nearly as long as hockey playoffs. Hockey playoffs are the all time worst.

Half the league makes the ****ing playoffs in hockey.

Unfortunately, as much as I tried, I could not abide by the guidlines in your original post. I had to comment on this. Hockey playoffs are some of the best sports you will ever see, period. The intensity level, the competition, the bad blood and the excitement is virtually unparalled in sports. You obviously have never followed a hockey playoff series or you would not be posting these kinds of blatant inaccuracies. :)

Btw, do you like baseball? Because if you like baseball and dislike hockey, someone should really check and see if you have, or how you have a mancard. :silly:

Unfortunately, as much as I tried, I could not abide by the guidlines in your original post. I had to comment on this. Hockey playoffs are some of the best sports you will ever see, period. The intensity level, the competition, the bad blood and the excitement is virtually unparalled in sports. You obviously have never followed a hockey playoff series or you would not be posting these kinds of blatant inaccuracies. :)

Btw, do you like baseball? Because if you like baseball and dislike hockey, someone should really check and see if you have, or how you have a mancard. :silly:

Yes, I do like baseball. And baseball playoffs/WS are infinitely better than hockey.

Know why?

Cause no one gives a **** about hockey. :)

For the next 8 months you'll be subjected to annoying highlights on sportscenter that detract time from sports that people actually care about (Football, basketball, baseball).

Every argument you made against hockey can be applied to basketball :whoknows:

ESPN shows few, if any, hockey highlights on sportscenter now that they don't broadcast any games anymore.

Basketball?

Archived