Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is not a debate about hockey.

Spaceman Spiff

Last game i went to was Ovechkins home opener. I had seats right on the glass, next to the penalty box. Midway through the first period, Alex checked a guy into the glass right in front of us. He hit him so hard we could HEAR the air leaving the guys body. I was totally flipping out. :laugh:

After the game ended i convinced a guy in the penalty box to throw me a puck used during the game.

Last game i went to was Ovechkins home opener. I had seats right on the glass, next to the penalty box. Midway through the first period, Alex checked a guy into the glass right in front of us. He hit him so hard we could HEAR the air leaving the guys body. I was totally flipping out. :laugh:

After the game ended i convinced a guy in the penalty box to throw me a puck used during the game.

that's what i love about this kid, not only can he make plays on offense, but he is a big physical player. i remember the first game i went to that he played in, just minutes into the game he knocked a guy so hard into the glass behind the net he knocked the glass out of the pane.

and man, i just remember being stunned when i saw this on tv (he didn't get the goal, but i'll be damned if he didn't try).

I'll drop you a line sometime this year when I get some tickets, we'll have to meet up for a game. :cheers:

yeah, send me a PM when you get tickets so i can see if i can get the tickets tot he game (i have competition with my brothers for the seats, but one of them is a flyers fan and the other one plans on moving out soon.)

Hockey sucks. Much for the same reason Soccer sucks - it's boring and low scoring.

I don't care about charisma, or finesse, or any of that other **** the Socce3r and Hockey purists cry about. Take that **** to gymnastics where it belongs.

One good thing about living here though, is they realize nobody cares. We have a minor league team, and they still don't care, it's great. They wait until the last 1-2 minutes of the newscast to rush through the highlights, so I know exactly when to turn it off. :cheers:

Bring on another strike. I was actually hoping against all odds that the NHL would fold because of the strike.

For you thick headed dolts out there, I repeat. This is not a debate about hockey.

What this thread is, is a place to bash hockey.

Post here if you're bummed that hockey season starts today. For the next 8 months you'll be subjected to annoying highlights on sportscenter that detract time from sports that people actually care about (Football, basketball, baseball).

You'll also be subjected to playoffs that take ENTIRELY too long. What kind of sport allows half the goddamn league in? Your hockey team must really suck if you can't make the playoffs.

I wish they'd have another strike again. That year they missed was freakin sweet.

Hockey is worthless. Isn't even worthy of highlights on Sportscenter. I wish it would go away.

Hockey sucks. Much for the same reason Soccer sucks - it's boring and low scoring.

I don't care about charisma, or finesse, or any of that other **** the Socce3r and Hockey purists cry about. Take that **** to gymnastics where it belongs.

One good thing about living here though, is they realize nobody cares. We have a minor league team, and they still don't care, it's great. They wait until the last 1-2 minutes of the newscast to rush through the highlights, so I know exactly when to turn it off. :cheers:

Bring on another strike. I was actually hoping against all odds that the NHL would fold because of the strike.

You obviously don't watch much hockey. Have you seen the hitting in hockey? It's a VERY physical game, lots of hitting, lots of high speed collisions.

As far as being the same as soccer, for me, there's one very key difference. In soccer, all the action is at midfield. Scoring opportunities are few and far between, when someone puts a good move on someone, he's still got 8 more people to beat. The vast majority of the game is the ball continually changing possession near midfield, never getting close to the the goal.

Completely opposite with hockey. Scoring chance come continually, the puck usually goes on net 60+ times per game. There's ton of scoring opportunities, close calls, big hits great saves and general action. **** finesse and charisma, that's not hockey.

You obviously don't watch much hockey. Have you seen the hitting in hockey? It's a VERY physical game, lots of hitting, lots of high speed collisions.

As far as being the same as soccer, for me, there's one very key difference. In soccer, all the action is at midfield. Scoring opportunities are few and far between, when someone puts a good move on someone, he's still got 8 more people to beat. The vast majority of the game is the ball continually changing possession near midfield, never getting close to the the goal.

Completely opposite with hockey. Scoring chance come continually, the puck usually goes on net 60+ times per game. There's ton of scoring opportunities, close calls, big hits great saves and general action. **** finesse and charisma, that's not hockey.

Hey hey hey, there will be none of that **** in this thread, read the rules........
For you thick headed dolts out there, I repeat. This is not a debate about hockey.

What this thread is, is a place to bash hockey.

That being said, **** you DCSF, and have a good day ;)

Who talks about finesse in hockey? Its a sport where FIGHTS ARE ALLOWED. I dont like hockey for "charisma" (whatever you mean by that) I watch it because at some point, somebody is getting blindsided crossing the blueline.

While nothing will every replace football for me as my favorite sport to watch. I must say that I enjoy hockey. It might be becasue I play hockey (as wells as my kids and wife) and really understand the game. Like most sports watching a live game is better than on TV but hockey on a 65" HD TV is fun. I hate watching basketball, golf, baseball - probably because I have never played those sports?

I am surprised that more football fans are not hockey fans... The game is fast pace and has some vicious hits. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Who talks about finesse in hockey? Its a sport where FIGHTS ARE ALLOWED. I dont like hockey for "charisma" (whatever you mean by that) I watch it because at some point, somebody is getting blindsided crossing the blueline.

if you ever played the sport you would understand the finesse aspect of it, but there is so much more to it than just that. that's why there are plenty of different kinds of players: playmakers, snipers, puck handlers, and of course, enforcers. you can't win the game with just one style of gameplay, its all about mixing the right lines together and getting chemistry within the line.

if you ever played the sport you would understand the finesse aspect of it, but there is so much more to it than just that. that's why there are plenty of different kinds of players: playmakers, snipers, puck handlers, and of course, enforcers. you can't win the game with just one style of gameplay, its all about mixing the right lines together and getting chemistry within the line.

I played and i understand the finesse aspect of it. But i dont watch it for that.

Just like i understand the finesse involved in a well executed play action pass in football, but i watch it to see Sean Taylor decapitate people.

But... but... BASEBALL PLAYERS FIGHT TOO!

Archived