Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The McCardell Signing and Unmentioned Implications

ThePreciating

[Directed to another poster]

EDIT - I apologize for talking about your education. I know Missouri isn't exactly known for its average IQ.

I just heard an alarming statistic. Did you know that half of the population of the USA have below average IQs?

Guest Rafterman
Who are you, Dan Snyder? Why does he have to explain everything.

Some people in here think they could do a better job than Gibbs, and it just makes you all look like fools cause you know thats not true. :rolleyes:

If he won on a consistent basis against good teams he wouldn't have to explain much, would he?

The honeymoon with Gibbs II is over, for a lot of fans.

Guest Rafterman
Signing McCardell after signing Caldwell is a sign that maybe Caldwell is a little slow picking up this offense.

McCardell has the most catches of any active WR in the league and has played on many teams. The Redskins are hoping he can come in and produce immediately.

As for what this says to Lloyd...it says nothing because Lloyd obviously isn't listening. He just keeps slipping down the depth chart so it is pretty apparent that Lloyd is

People are looking at this the wrong way because Lloyd is not to be blamed for being the bum he's always been. The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the Redskins front office for trading for Lloyd without doing their homework and then giving Lloyd fat cash without first allowing him to prove his worth to the franchise. Mike Nolan laughed at the Skins for trading for Lloyd since no one was after him.

Lloyd is the smart one here with a pocket full of cash playing or not....It is Joe Gibbs and friends who deserve the scrutiny for this move, Archuleta and others. What is obvious to me is that their needs to be a major shakeup in our scouting department.

AMEN

This organization needs a real GM or it is going to continue to flounder.

The reason we signed McCardell is, because Moss is injury prone. Moss is hurt right now and you knows if he will even play next week. If Lloyd wasn't suck a *****, we wouldn't have even picked McCardell up. So Gibbs is just being prepared just in case.

Guest Rafterman
Sorry guys, but Gibbs will be here next year. He made a promise to the fans for 5 years and he will keep it.

Yeah, sure he will.

Keep in mind that lame duck coaches are a rarity in the NFL,

Gibbs isn't getting any younger either.

Right now, it's a push.

sorry i didn't read the whole thread, but although McCardell is old, he's 6'1" 200 pounder according to nfl.com....

maybe he can block better than our 2007 smurfs.

where is our possession wideout? quick slant? guy that can use his body to make the 3rd down catch?

maybe kmac helps...hopefully kmac helps...

Bodiford simply isn't NFL material, so letting him go isn't sacrificing any future to win now. He was just a warm body there for insurance in the return game.

I don't know much on the guy, but I'd say you're off track on Bodiford.

The 'Skins put him on the active roster knowing he was gonna be out for 6 weeks.

The Pack signed him back to their active roster knowing he's gonna be out a few more weeks.

He must be some a special return man or something.

Some people in here think they could do a better job than Gibbs, and it just makes you all look like fools cause you know thats not true. :rolleyes:

If you're talking personnel moves, disregard the rest of this.

If you're talking coaching, then read on.

Seriously, our coaches (headed by Gibbs) has looked pretty foolish at times.

I am honestly embarassed for them at the end of the 2nd & 4th quarter some times. It's usually the national game too.

It's like they go into brain-lock and can't pull the trigger.

It really says they're unprepared to deal with the current situation.

Is that from age or just having to funnel everything thru Gibbs?

I'm not sure.

But it is NOT good coaching or game management.

I like Gibbs, but I can recognize his weaknesses.

This is definitely not the old Gibbs that I remember.

I liked the idea before, and I still like the idea of signing McCardell. I don't think he's going to have to wait 3 weeks to get on the field. If he's signed, it doesn't carry some kind of inner meaning to me. It feels to me like the Skins have the "win now" mentality EVERY YEAR. Win now, worry about consequences later. Carry extra cap room for Lloyd? Coles? Arch, Lavar, etc? Meh, don't think about that now, worry about it later.

Anyone catch Archuleta's performance against the Cowboys? :)

Dallas exploited Archuleta up and down the field in pass coverage.

For all those who are ASSUMING that Lloyd is a capable, productive receiver........perhaps you should look to the Archuleta example.

When he was traded last year, Archuleta at 30 was not the same player he was earlier in his career before injuries took their toll.

Lloyd has never produced as consistently as Archuleta, so why the belief in him?

Has anyone here ever SEEN him produce anything of value?

The most famous thing he did in Washington is throw his helmet.

If the skins would line up in more 3-4 wideout sets it would open up the recievers more and enable them to stretch teh field more

We need to have more 4 WR sets like a certain HOF HC I know used to do....back when we could score at will.

JG isn't as interested in this team and how it does as he is his NASCAR team.

His NASCAR team is where his mind is until November.

Every year we seem to get better after the NASCAR season is over.

JG is interested in McCardell because he doesn't know how to play the talent he has.

The reason he doesn't know how to play them....His mind is on NASCAR first, and he doesn't understand the modern game....George Allen could have taken the time off and come back but he was always a football person. JG is just a businessman.

We need to have more 4 WR sets like a certain HOF HC I know used to do.

JG isn't as interested in this team and how it does as he is his NASCAR team.

His NASCAR team is where his mind is until November.

Every year we seem to get better after the NASCAR season is over.

JG is interested in McCardell because he doesn't know how to play the talent he has.

The reason he doesn't know how to play them....His mind is on NASCAR first, and he doesn't understand the modern game....George Allen could have taken the time off and come back but he was always a football person. JG is just a businessman.

Wrong Joe Gibbs is a professional and you thinking he is focusing on NASCAR over the Redskins is just wrong. Him signing a receiver means they are not comfortable with who we have and not that Gibbs is focusing on NASCAR.

We haven't had a clear win yet.

Shwa?

You must have forgotten to tivo the Eagle game, because we completely outplayed them and won by 8 points. Sorry if your own lack of confidence in the Skins made it seem closer than it actually was, but yeah, we owned them.

Shwa?

You must have forgotten to tivo the Eagle game, because we completely outplayed them and won by 8 points. Sorry if your own lack of confidence in the Skins made it seem closer than it actually was, but yeah, we owned them.

I saw the game and we certainly didn't own Westbrook who had combined 192 yards against us. We certainly didn't do anything to make them drop what 9 passes. Passes I might add that if caught there were at least 4 that would have clearly affected the outcome of that game.

We may have played more dominantly in the first half....uh just like we did against NY. Wait , see a pattern here. Just cause we win a game by the skin of our teeth doesn't mean we OWNED them by any stretch of the imagination.

Archived