Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Detroit Lions are Winless in Washington

Redskins4ever

The Eagles laid down the gameplan to beat the Lions. Pass, pass, pass. Their DBs are some weak sauce. Also, if you can get a few screens in there you'll be good.

Seriously you guys should annihilate them. They suck.

Oakland wasn't a legit win, but they did beat a tough Minnesota team. They were completely flat against you guys. If you played them again, you still win, but it would be more like 31-24.

http://www.redskinsdb.com/results.asp

Another disturbing fact is we've never beaten Dallas on Thanksgiving. As a matter of fact the only game we won on Thanksgiving was against Detroit in 1973.

Well, let us host a game once in a while. Sheesh!

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/thanksgiving.jsp

Anyway, back to topic: I think this thread works against us -- both the fact that it's true*, and the fact that too many of us are already throwing confetti well before kickoff. Which is what we did last week.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf/histories/redskins

This thread needs to disappear (i.e. Redskins fans need to stop posting and let it scroll off the page).

*The Boston Redskins lost at home, but that was in 1935.

I've heard so many trends like this, and somehow, after they are brought up, they are ended. I'm not saying we won't win, but I'm saying that they pretty much don't mean anything.

We'll win though.

Exactly. there is a first time for everything. I don't see the need to jinx the team.

I've heard so many trends like this, and somehow, after they are brought up, they are ended. I'm not saying we won't win, but I'm saying that they pretty much don't mean anything.

We'll win though.

I feel EXACTLY the same way! But maybe, because you brought up this fact-it'll counter affect the jinx!

Thats some awfully good locker room motivation right there.

Lions coach:

You just got your asses handed to you by another NFC East team, your facing a team you've never beaten on the road and lost every game since 1935 who took off last week. Here is your chance to do something every other team before you failed to do. Go make history!

The Eagles laid down the gameplan to beat the Lions. Pass, pass, pass. Their DBs are some weak sauce. Also, if you can get a few screens in there you'll be good.

Seriously you guys should annihilate them. They suck.

I'd love for you to be right but odds are it won't work out like that. The Skins have a propensity to get in a dogfight with any type of opponent. The fact that the Lions score a ton of points make them a very scary team to play. Yes we should go after their weaknesses and try to get 7 points(instead of 3) as often as possible. Odds are will be in a close game again. I hate to say it but can see us in that type of ball game again.

This is brought up every time the Lions play in DC, and it has not been a jinx yet. The Lions never won at RFK, for example.

As an aside, the first skins game I ever went to was against a heavily favored Lions team. Sonny or Billy was our QB, it was a big upset.

I could be wrong, but that was changed sometime back in the 90's with a loss at home I believe. Who's got a link to the past?

Tarhog?

Bubba?

Someone help me out here before this thread gets out of hand.

You're right. the Lions beat us for the first time since 1966 in the late 90s. I was working with a Lions fan (they actually exist!) and it was not good.

Thats some awfully good locker room motivation right there.

Lions coach:

You just got your asses handed to you by another NFC East team, your facing a team you've never beaten on the road and lost every game since 1935 who took off last week. Here is your chance to do something every other team before you failed to do. Go make history!

What good would that do? Mike Martz was a coach here under Norv. I don't see him bringing that up. He's not worried about history. He's worried about Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson, and Roy Williams not dropping passes once Sean Taylor puts a hit on them.

What good would that do? Mike Martz was a coach here under Norv. I don't see him bringing that up. He's not worried about history. He's worried about Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson, and Roy Williams not dropping passes once Sean Taylor puts a hit on them.

The other thing that always comes up is that the Lions practice in a dome. It's often difficult for the dome teams to come and play on the grass.

All that said, while I think the "never lost in Washington" thing is cool, those types of things are always due for an end eventually. I just hope it doesn't come in my lifetime.

The other thing that always comes up is that the Lions practice in a dome. It's often difficult for the dome teams to come and play on the grass.

All that said, while I think the "never lost in Washington" thing is cool, those types of things are always due for an end eventually. I just hope it doesn't come in my lifetime.

Yeah, there's a first time for everything but how many lifetimes have gone by without the Lions winning in D.C.?

Archived