Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Detroit Lions are Winless in Washington

Redskins4ever

My thoughts are that you just jinxed us. Thanks.

This is stated every time the Lions come here and what happens? They lose AGAIN.

Some things are stronger than silly "jinxes" :)

This stat is nice, but I like the Gibbs has always made the playoffs when starting 2-0 stat much better!

Well, this worked out for us with Carolina last season. With all the predictions of a blowout and 200 yards receiving for Steve Smith, the one stat I clung to heading into the stadium was the fact that Carolina was 0-7 in Washington and 1-7 in Carolina against the Redskins. As it turned out, the Panthers are still winless in DC and made our terrible, injury-ridden 2006 defense look legit for a day. That's what they get for stealing our land. :logo:

Detroit is a long ways from DC of course but we are pretty good at keeping these streaks alive either way.

All I'm saying this win is a given. The Lions got scorched by Mcnabb. Their defensive backs are the weak link to their defense. They gave up 41 points in the first half alone.

All I'm saying is history playing them here has been good to us.

Actually, the moment Akers' extra point sailed through the uprights, it was 42 points in the 1st half...nice of you not to rub it in though...lol

From 1937 until this point, the Detriot Lions have never beat the Washington Redskins in the Nation's Capitol.

The Redskins have won every game they've played against the Lions in the regular season and the post season in Washington.

Thoughts?

It's trivial. I don't really like that they have this long winless streak. Any and everything is used for motivation these days. The media will make a story out of this, guarantee it. Detroit has some weapons. They may not have great defense but anytime you can score a lot of points then you always have a chance. This game makes me nervous already.

That 2000 loss was very painful

Here Norv's team has a chance to go 2-0 and Brad Johnson is throwing up the dumbest INT's I have seen in my life

Westbrook goes down for the season

We lose to Dallas the following week on MNF :doh:

Oh you bring back painful memories. We went in there and could not pull away from them. I was completly shocked. I then remember the Dallas game the very next week and became even more shocked. Then we get teased and win 5 in a row to get our record to 6-2 at the halfway point. Only to finish 8-8 with two highlight losses against the Eagles and Giants back to back weeks. We missed field goals with time running out. One of the most dissapointing seasons as a Skins fans. Good ol Norv. Doing his magic now in San Diego.

Hopefully the press doesnt make a huge deal about it and give them more incentive to win, getting them fired up

True, lets hope for the best.

Ok big deal. And we had an 0-2 Giants team at home and what did we do? What we need to do is play with a sense of urgency for an entire game and not let up when we have a lead. And the last time i saw the Lions are also 2-1 with a pretty good offense.

Very true also. Cannot go off these statistics and history facts.

Come Sunday, its all about which team wants it more, and it better be the damn Redskins. if the Eagles can put up like 6 TD's before half time and HANG ON TO THE LEAD and win, they we can definitely do it. Because we have more talent, and a better defense. Im not saying we need to come out the woodworks and throw up 60 points before the half, but we need to get the job done.

Doesn't mean a thing really, this game will be a great test to see if the coaches finally learned anything this week and don't continue to sit on leads and not make adjustments. A 3 three touchdown lead against that Detroit offense will mean absolutely nothing. If we don't score over 20 points, there's no way we win this game.

All I'm saying this win is a given. The Lions got scorched by Mcnabb. Their defensive backs are the weak link to their defense. They gave up 41 points in the first half alone.

All I'm saying is history playing them here has been good to us.

The Giants secondary was their weak link and we failed to attack it. All I'm saying is....

Archived