Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Detroit Lions are Winless in Washington

Redskins4ever

Could we please not tempt the hands of fate here? This sort of thing always seems to bite you in the ass, see last Sunday. Can we just think about something a little more simple, like hoping Calvin Johnson doesn't play? It would be nice to cut out one of their receiving threats, especially the one that's half a foot taller than any or our corners.

Ok big deal. And we had an 0-2 Giants team at home and what did we do? What we need to do is play with a sense of urgency for an entire game and not let up when we have a lead. And the last time i saw the Lions are also 2-1 with a pretty good offense.

All I'm saying this win is a given. The Lions got scorched by Mcnabb. Their defensive backs are the weak link to their defense. They gave up 41 points in the first half alone.

All I'm saying is history playing them here has been good to us.

All I'm saying this win is a given. The Lions got scorched by Mcnabb. Their defensive backs are the weak link to their defense. They gave up 41 points in the first half alone.

All I'm saying is history playing them here has been good to us.

Look i'm not saying that the Skins are a bad team. Actually i think we have a pretty good team. But we've shown a tendancy to play to the level of our competition. I'm not completely sold that the Lions are a playoff caliber team. But one thing i can say is that in all of there games this season they have been very consistant on offense. We can't rely on the defense to have another multiple turnover game, in which the offense does nothing with, and still win the game. I don't care if its the Lions or the Raiders, if you allow any team to stay in the game, then you run the risk of losing it. Point blank.

I could be wrong, but that was changed sometime back in the 90's with a loss at home I believe. Who's got a link to the past?

Tarhog?

Bubba?

Someone help me out here before this thread gets out of hand.

The Redskins lost to the Lions in 1999 at Detroit. But the Skins have never lost to the Lions at Washington.

The Redskins lost to the Lions in 1999 at Detroit. But the Skins have never lost to the Lions at Washington.

Again, I think that is incorrect, I just don't have the facts to prove it is. Do you by any chance have the facts to prove you're right? I mean it is you're statement after all, give us a link please.

Thanks in advance

I could be wrong, but that was changed sometime back in the 90's with a loss at home I believe. Who's got a link to the past?

Tarhog?

Bubba?

Someone help me out here before this thread gets out of hand.

We lost AT Detroit in 1999

That was our first loss to them since the 60s

They have not won in Washington since who knows when

Again, I think that is incorrect, I just don't have the facts to prove it is. Do you by any chance have the facts to prove you're right? I mean it is you're statement after all, give us a link please.

Thanks in advance

He is correct Chewie, i am sure someone will bring it up in a article next week in the post or someplace.

Thanks in advance

We played Detroit at home the following years in the 1990s

1991: Win 45-0, win 41-10

1992: Win 16-13 (blocked field goal preserved the win)

1995- OT Win (Darrel Green INT)

1997- Win 30-10

January 2000- Playoffs, win 27-13

Thanks in advance

You must be a Lions fan.

http://www.msu.edu/~liefersc/game10.html

Although this article was written during the 1997 season, the other times the Redskins have played the Lions in Washington (including the playoffs) have gone in Washington's favor.

Thanks in advance

nope Chewy he's right.

Lions won in Detroit in 1999 and 2000.

Before that Lions had not beaten the Redskins since 1965 (Detroit)

Last time the Lions beat the Redskins at home was in 1935 in Boston.

-per The Redskins Encyclopedia

nope Chewy he's right.

Lions won in Detroit in 1999 and 2000.

Before that Lions had not beaten the Redskins since 1965 (Detroit)

Last time the Lions beat the Redskins at home was in 1935 in Boston.

-per The Redskins Encyclopedia

That 2000 loss was very painful

Here Norv's team has a chance to go 2-0 and Brad Johnson is throwing up the dumbest INT's I have seen in my life

Westbrook goes down for the season

We lose to Dallas the following week on MNF :doh:

Archived