Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DumboTron (Skins try selling scores and highlights to fans.)

#98QBKiller

Don't paint me as Mr. Anti Deaf. I have no problem with the closed captioning. I just mentioned my opinion as an aside because it strikes me as kind of silly when you don't need to even hear the PA announcer to enjoy the game. I can see if they close caption the refs, but I honestly didn't pay much attention to it because I was focused on the game.

Have you been to a game at Fed Ex this year yet? I went to the opener, and didn't notice the scores once. You've got it wrong if you think they show them frequently. It's just something I come to expect out of the gameday experience, and you wouldn't see posters on here making a fuss if it wasn't an issue. I can still get the scores off of my cellphone, but it is annoying that they aren't displayed with any consistency.

I have no issue with Kangaroo TV. I'm sure it's a great product that sounds a little overpriced, but I'm sure it's great.

I'll be at the game this weekend. I will specifically watch for those scores where I was told they are located. I've asked the team if they are available EVERY commercial break and was told no, probably not. I will try to identify the frequency and report back. If I notice it and can see them available a lot, I'll say so. If I don't, I'll say that too. I promise.

To be honest, KangarooTV is fantastic. I really enjoyed using it last year when they were giving it out free. It had spotty reception at times, but, it was really pretty cool to be able to watch other games live while during commercials or whatever. It was too expensive initially and probably is still too much, but, it's absurd to say other stadiums provide what KangarooTV does for free. No one does this. No one ever has. No one ever will.

Now, as for scores at the games, I'll agree when I attend in the stands they are remarkably hard to find and it is plainly idiotic for the not to have permanent, dedicated space for other scores rotating in MULTIPLE places somewhere in visual range of all fans. I did think this was the case last year but haven't been to a home game as a fan this year to know if that changed.

As for KangarooTV, well, it is a great product, especially when the refine some of the glitches. Not sure about the price, but, it's a really great gadget for those liking gadgets. There can certainly be nothing wrong with providing this to those who want it, right?

You are absolutley right. There is nothing wrong with providing additional services to those that want them. But there is a problem with trying to force the additional services on the fans by taking away basic stadium services. Snyder is bleeding the common fan dry and absorbing the profit on everything associated with the redskins.

You are absolutley right. There is nothing wrong with providing additional services to those that want them. But there is a problem with trying to force the additional services on the fans by taking away basic stadium services. Snyder is bleeding the common fan dry and absorbing the profit on everything associated with the redskins.

Interesting that's your take, because that's mine too. As an example, a few posts ago, in my first paragraph, I wrote:

"The "issue" was that the Redskins weren't showing scores at the games. I agreed that issue was a bad thing against the Redskins."

But, what there may really be a problem is you have not actually read anything BUT that Snyder doesn't provide scores. I finished the paragraph above with:

"It turns out, that issue does not exist. McKenna is a bit of a liar and should not be surprising to find him lie here. "

Meaning, the team says it does provide scores. They agree the location has changed but not that the frequency has been diminished or anything else. Someone here asked me if I'd seen them and I said I hadn't, but, I would actually look for them this week. If I see scores throughout the game, I'll say, "Hey, they're there a lot." If I don't see them much, I'll say, "Seems they should be showing them more."

I'm not hard to figure out.

You are.

You and I agree there'd be an issue if the team was doing what was initially thought. But, would we agree there wouldn't be an issue if they weren't? I don't think so. I think YOU'D still think it was bad, even if there are scores available at midfield throughout the game. It makes it hard to satisfy you if that's the case. If it isn't, cool.

As for a businessman making a profit on his business, I'm really ok with that and, so are you, if you're an American who believes in the American dream and capitalism. As I've warned on Snyder for some time, he runs a risk of real alienation if the product isn't better on the field and fans continue to view him as money grubbing. He's been generous with the funding for the team, so, few fans would suggest he has been out simply to maximize his profits, else, he'd lower what he allocates for the team so he can have more dough.

Market forces tend to dictate what a business owner can charge for what he provides. This includes, but isn't defined by, complaints from a few fans who don't like it. It's a bulk, global market. Rebellion and lowering revenue is when the tipping point is reached. That's business. That's actually ok.

Why can't you think logically?

How much did Sony PS3's go for on Ebay when they first came out? $5000? More?

So why didn't Sony just sell them for that? It's what the market would bear, right? Right? It's just economics, right?

Or was there something else that Sony was looking at... something that made them say 'this isn't the right thing to do'?

I'll say it again. Your response was pathetic.

Sony did not sell them for that price because that price was not sustainable. How long did sales continue at that price? Sony could not have released them at $5k per for a month or two and then drop the price by 90% while maintaining any level of credibility. Do you really think Sony is that altruistic? Their product flew off of the shelves at the MSRP. I'll even go a step further. I'm not saying that this was their goal, but the E-bay resales generated more buzz and media attention for the product. Here we are, still talking about it today.

It was just confirmed to me that scores are still posted during every game. They are posted on the scoreboard that is used for Closed Captioning of the PA announcer, which means they'd only be available during television timeouts. Those boards are at midfield.

I'll look this weekend to see if I can see them. If they're there, it's not really an issue I suppose.

IIRC, we were told this last year as well, Art. The execution seemed very hit and miss last season. I'll be there Sunday and will also check it out.

IMO though, the out of town scores should roll throughout the entire game. Put up another board and find a sponsor for it if the money is an issue.

I am a Redskin fan, first and foremost, but I am also a NFL football fan and like to be up-to-date with what is happening around the league, especially as it impacts my favorite team.

IIRC, we were told this last year as well, Art. The execution seemed very hit and miss last season. I'll be there Sunday and will also check it out.

IMO though, the out of town scores should roll throughout the entire game. Put up another board and find a sponsor for it if the money is an issue.

I am a Redskin fan, first and foremost, but I am also a NFL football fan and like to be up-to-date with what is happening around the league, especially as it impacts my favorite team.

I have no issues with anything you've said. If the scores are regularly available at midfield on that CC board, there's probably no problem. If they are infrequent and spotty and hard to follow because you never know when to look, I'll agree that's an issue.

I agree they should be rolled with regularity. I actually understand not having them rolling DURING the game in case our offense is on the field and Chicago is up 14 on Dallas. The crowd would cheer and potentially disrupt us. But, you need to know where you can look and when.

If I owned the team, I would call a scoreboard company, buy four, 6x4 boards, put them in four corners of the stadium, then, put an add up during play, and the scores up on all four during breaks in action. It'd cost $50,000 or whatever as they would not need to be state of the art, and because you're the Redskins and Snyder, you could ACTUALLY have them running before the Lions game and you remove an issue, permanently, from everyone, for all time.

I've offered here for fans, instead of complaining, that they organize and force change if change is needed. If it's accurate the scores are impossible to track because they are not on that location with any regularity or the Jumbotron with any regularity, then, I'll be the first to help organize that complaint.

It's only a ripoff if you buy it. He is not forcing anyone to buy it. If you don't think it is a good value don't buy it. I don't see the problem.

You don't see the problem because there is no problem. People just want to shout and crow about everything they hear without taking a second to think about what they just heard or what they themselves are saying.

The fact are:

- Kangaroo TV has been advertised for this upcoming season for months. This is nothing new at all, but, unfortunately, too many of the crowers of Daniel Snyder's money management don't pay attention to anything unless it is a shot at Danny.

- No one, including Snyder, is forcing anyone to pay for this. If you choose not to use it, it doesn't cost one red cent. So, how again is this a way for Snyder to rip people off???

- This is a new service that is not available YET in every stadium. Snyder brought in for those who would like to try it. How does this make him an ass.

-People continuely ***** on this board how off-base, biased, ignorant, and unjust the media are when it comes to the Redskins. Yet, with one article form the same media about the owner of the same Redskins, people are ready to form lynch mobs. PATHETIC!!!!:doh:

Thats God awful. There has to be a way that we can organize some kind of protest about this injustice. We already pay excessive amounts of money for tickets, parking, beer, and everything else at Fed-Ex, but this is just going too far...

There is a way. Organize a boycott. Art has offered you a venue. You pay for all of these items voluntarily.

You don't see the problem because there is no problem. People just want to shout and crow about everything they hear without taking a second to think about what they just heard or what they themselves are saying.

The fact are:

- Kangaroo TV has been advertised for this upcoming season for months. This is nothing new at all, but, unfortunately, too many of the crowers of Daniel Snyder's money management don't pay attention to anything unless it is a shot at Danny.

- No one, including Snyder, is forcing anyone to pay for this. If you choose not to use it, it doesn't cost one red cent. So, how again is this a way for Snyder to rip people off???

- This is a new service that is not available YET in every stadium. Snyder brought in for those who would like to try it. How does this make him an ass.

-People continuely ***** on this board how off-base, biased, ignorant, and unjust the media are when it comes to the Redskins. Yet, with one article form the same media about the owner of the same Redskins, people are ready to form lynch mobs. PATHETIC!!!!:doh:

Truth

this kangarootv is freakin horrible. Eff Snyder

What don't you like about it? I loved it. Well, I loved the concept. The technology was spotty with several freezes and the like, but, I thought it was the neatest thing to use during the game. When I watch games at home, I typically flick around at commercials. I use NFL.com throughout the game for stats and to track other teams.

I really enjoyed the ability to do the same thing at the game. Though, I do understand those who think it can be distracting to the game. I just didn't use it to distraction :).

...Danny charges 150. That's almost double. Do they offer a discount if you're a season ticket holder?

I've got the letter around here somewhere. $20 off, iirc.

I hope noone decides to post here about how much of an ahole Snyder is and how ridiculous this is. I hope they realize it'll get them nowhere, and that the only thing they can do is IS SIMPLY NOT BUY THE PRODUCT. Tell everyone you know not to either. That'll teach em. Otherwise, stop complaining. Please.

Come on... There's nothing wrong with using the official Skins messageboard to ensure when Snyder does spend a few bucks, he knows our priorities.

I hated how badly McDonalds used to handle my double cheeseburger with no onions, which usually meant they scraped about half off. I whined about this for decades. Then, a few years ago, McDonalds made a change in the way they made special order burgers; they somehow changed *every* McD's assembly line so that they got it right. I started eating there again (occasionally), and lemme tell you, *everything* else about the burger is exactly the same.

Because of me? Ha. Because of years of complaining by everyone and their brother? I bet so.

Until then, hopefully Danny won't jam the radio signal in FedEx. Bring a radio, folks.

As far as the KTVs being a fan distraction, I didn't miss a single play of the live action in front of me at the Dolphins game. I still banged the empty seat in front of me and stomped the steel plate floor of the Cave like I've always done.

An NFL game takes roughly 3 hours to play on average.

The game clock runs for only one of those three hours.

Of the one hour that the game clock runs, actual live play in motion consumes maybe 10 minutes of it.

So that leaves abundant dead time during the gameday which one can view other games.

It is nice to scroll through all of the Sunday action as Kessler is babbles on about another Popeye's promo.

:2cents:

You're right, WS.

THIS is the ideal place for fans who would like to see something changed to band together, show they are serious, and build a group of people to help enable that together. All of the staff will help any of them with any cause, whether we agree or not, because that's the BENEFIT we have from being here.

People at Redskins Park do read the site and may take some of those concerns more seriously than others.

If someone wants to lead it, I'll make him a forum for building a petition to demand more scores. You can recruit everyone you know to sign up and sign on and I'll even promise to forward the link to people at the Park so it won't be ignored.

The problem is, none of the busters here who complain will actually do it. They simply want to complain and not act. Thus, any real movement against something will never really be met with changes.

I hope noone decides to post here about how much of an ahole Snyder is and how ridiculous this is. I hope they realize it'll get them nowhere, and that the only thing they can do is IS SIMPLY NOT BUY THE PRODUCT. Tell everyone you know not to either. That'll teach em. Otherwise, stop complaining. Please.

Bring a radio with you.

:2cents:

Yet another reason I will never attend a Redskins game, so long as Snyder is the owner.

What an ass.

You're kidding? :whoknows:

What are the other reasons???

Man, I honestly can't think of 1 organizational issue that could EVER keep me from seeing the Skins play live....

I've offered here for fans, instead of complaining, that they organize and force change if change is needed. If it's accurate the scores are impossible to track because they are not on that location with any regularity or the Jumbotron with any regularity, then, I'll be the first to help organize that complaint.

If I find this Sunday that is still a problem I'll be glad to help.

It was just confirmed to me that scores are still posted during every game. They are posted on the scoreboard that is used for Closed Captioning of the PA announcer, which means they'd only be available during television timeouts. Those boards are at midfield.

I'll look this weekend to see if I can see them. If they're there, it's not really an issue I suppose.

Art, I think what you were told was true for last season. But it certainly was not the case for the Miami game.....not once did I see the scores posted on that board, and I was looking there quite frequently. Maybe someone just screwed up and they've heard the complaints and will remedy the situation......we'll see.

Archived