Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DumboTron (Skins try selling scores and highlights to fans.)

#98QBKiller

Art, I think what you were told was true for last season. But it certainly was not the case for the Miami game.....not once did I see the scores posted on that board, and I was looking there quite frequently. Maybe someone just screwed up and they've heard the complaints and will remedy the situation......we'll see.

I was told it in the present. I will be watching for it as well.

I agree that this is a problem and I only get to go to 1 or 2 games a year.

Whenever my dad goes to the stadium he always complains of the lack of scores and highlights.

I remember when we went to the playoff game in 2000 and i was sitting in my seat watching some of the warm ups but could not see any scores from any of the playoff games.

Luckily I had my radio and heard the music city miracle as it happened. However no one in the stadium knew about it.

However, in todays day and age i assume everyone has a cell phone. Scores are incredibly easy to get on your phone and if you have the change to go to a skins game, you prob have the change to go to espn.com on your phone.

Im not going to bash Dan over this.

But I will say. I have NO need to watch another game while I am AT a Redskins game. I'm too busy WATCHING and CHEERING for the Skins, if the game gets slow, that's what the cheerleaders are for! I take my really expensive camera and when I'm not cheering, drinking a few $8 beers, I'm taking pics of anything and everything that moves. I really don't care what the scores of the other games are either. Yea it would be nice if they showed the scores occasionally on the jumbotron but it's not going to make or break my game day experience.

I blame FANTASY FOOTBALL GEEKS for this need to have a handheld device to show other games/highlights DURING a football game.

When I'm sitting at home watching the game I can't see the field the whole time. I see highlights, scores, commercials. Surprisingly, I know, the same breaks on TV occur on the field. There are 2 hours of non-playing time, plenty of time for me to check other scores.

Does Snyder even own Kangaroo TV? Because it is also available in other NFL cities for the same exact price. The dummy that started this thread should do a little more research. And I don't know of any other teams that give you a portable TV that gets clear color broadcasts of every other NFL game for free. This is just another stupid attempt to bad mouth Snyder. I don't have a problem when someone has a legitimate complaint, but this was just stupid. And for all of you jumping on board with this dummy, don't beleive everything you read.

He doesn't have to own it to make money by charging for the service....

I got it a lot last year with the free passes and my wife gave me the season pass this year for my birthday (we did get a season discount because we were season ticket holders) I really like KangarooTV for a number of reasons:

1) It adds to my Redskins game experience...

My seats are close to the field near the end zone, on the home side....if either team has the ball at the opposite end zone, it can be hard to catch all of the angles and see exactly what is going on from my vantage point....so I put the game on the Kangaroo and use it to supplement what I see on the field/jumbo-tron...

case in point, when Jansen got hurt, it was very hard to see what was going on, and there was an initial rumbling that it was Campbell that was hurt and down...no problem...presto chango...we are watching the Skins on TV, and I could see what was happening (it was also useful to hear the extent of the injury)....

2) There are "down" times during games....commercials, whatever, what have you....the "red zone" option on Kangaroo lets you go and watch teams in the red zone...and I will admit...I LOVE Football...I am the type of guy that will watch ESPN Zone broadcasts of Hawaii v. Pacific...so with this thing...MORE football...I do not see how this is a bad thing....its like the remote control at home....I watch the REDSKINS...but during commercial, when I had the Sunday NFL ticket...flip flip to other games...now I can be AT the stadium and STILL flip flip...its like the hand of God came down and said "Yes, Football IS the greatest thing ever and so you SHOULD have MORE!!!"

3) I am a fantasy football nut....and there are others in my section that are too...prior to Kangaroo, inevitably...someone was getting on their phone during halftime, or a commercial break, and trying to see who had scored, whatever...this year Kangaroo actually HAS a fantasy section...so you can just surf through top fantasy RBs, QBs, WRs, etc....this is actually where it was for most of the time while I was watching us beat Miami....

This is a huge boon to me...when I am at home watching games, I ALWAYS have stattracker in front of me on my laptop going....so now I have it hanging from my neck....

I find its good for people nearby too...some guys want fantasy updates...some want to see a replay....in week 1 we all watched Filthy lose to Green Bay right before we won in OT...it was awesome knowing we were about to win in OT, and seeing Filthy go down.....

It is expensive....I am more perturbed that the stadiums set the prices....honestly I would love to be able to buy my own, and my own package, because they have it at the races I go to as well, and I know the little KangarooTVs are like $350...but honestly, thats only a couple of football seasons and 2-3 races worth of rentals....if DirectTv would come out with some sort of "owner's subscription" package....I would just buy my own and take it to races and games....

Archived