Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DumboTron (Skins try selling scores and highlights to fans.)

#98QBKiller

The problem is that other stadiums post that kind of information free for their fans, most of whom are football fans in general. Snyder isn't offering something new for the money - he's taken somthing away, and now insists on charging for it. The whole process should leave a poor taste in the mouths of all Skins fans.

I agree with you.

I had season tickets from 97-01 and scores were always posted during the course of the game and highlights of other games (usually a play or two) were also shown from time to time during timeouts and halftime.

If they've stopped doing this and the only way you can now get other scores and highlights is through this gizmo that you have to pay for, that is a disgrace and nobody can defend Snyder on this one (and I say this as a Snyder apologist by the way).

Shame on you Danny... Seriously.

I have to agree. I know that Dan is a huge Redskins fan. And if that's the case, then he should be a fan of the FAN. This only shows me that he's about money. Hell, I would be too, but not at the expense of the fans. Sell you damn TV, I don't care, but don't charge that amount. It's sad, really.

Kangaroo TV is available in only four NFL Stadiums. Seattle, Houston, Miami and Washington.

The lack of out of town scores in Raljon was a problem long b/f this new toy came along.

The problem with showing and announcing out of town scores is that it takes away from potential advertising time and keeps $ out of Danny's pockets.

Can you guys listen to sports radio on your cell phones? We have that over here and if people want to find out what is happening elsewhere in the league there are plenty of radio stations out there providing this information. Or theres the internet. Sure you dont get video highlights but hey, if youre at the skins game surely youre there for the skins right!

Wahhhhhhh.

Get over it. If you all hate Snyder so much, stop buying tickets and merchandise. Hell, stop watching the games on TV. Boycott the team and he will start losing money and sell it. The Redskins were the highest valued sports franchis in North America for several years without the benefit of winning (they were recently passed). That alone should tell you that Snyder is not an "idiot," quite the opposite actually. If your hatred of Danny doesn't outweigh your love of the 'Skins, shut up, enjoy the games, eat lunch before you get there, eat dinner after you leave. If it's that important to you, pay the extra $5-$15 a month to your wireless provider and get the scores on your cell phone or ask your friend or someone around you, and spare us these threads.:2cents:

Wahhhhhhh.

Get over it. If you all hate Snyder so much, stop buying tickets and merchandise. Hell, stop watching the games on TV. Boycott the team and he will start losing money and sell it. The Redskins were the highest valued sports franchis in North America for several years without the benefit of winning (they were recently passed). That alone should tell you that Snyder is not an "idiot," quite the opposite actually. If your hatred of Danny doesn't outweigh your love of the 'Skins, shut up, enjoy the games, eat lunch before you get there, eat dinner after you leave. If it's that important to you, pay the extra $5-$15 a month to your wireless provider and get the scores on your cell phone or ask your friend or someone around you, and spare us these threads.:2cents:

Ahhhhh :stfu: and go back to doing what you and the rest of the Danny defenders do best and that is :jerk:'ing him off.

Here's your new avatar :obvious:Yes, he's an incredibly intelligent business man, but at the expense of one of the most loyal fan base's in sports. You are also out of your mind if you think I'm going to let that little **** stop me from watching the 'skins.

Wahhhhhhh.

Pathetic response.

It was just confirmed to me that scores are still posted during every game. They are posted on the scoreboard that is used for Closed Captioning of the PA announcer, which means they'd only be available during television timeouts. Those boards are at midfield.

I'll look this weekend to see if I can see them. If they're there, it's not really an issue I suppose.

You'll see that it is definitely an issue. Also, why would they even bother with closed captioning? I'm not deaf, but if I was, I don't think I would search a board away from the action just to see the announcer say first down Washington, or catch by #89 Santana Moss. Isn't there usually a visual prompt on the regular scoreboard that tells you that, along with down and distance?

Ahhhhh :stfu: and go back to doing what you and the rest of the Danny defenders do best and that is :jerk:'ing him off.

Here's your new avatar :obvious:Yes, he's an incredibly intelligent business man, but at the expense of one of the most loyal fan base's in sports. You are also out of your mind if you think I'm going to let that little **** stop me from watching the 'skins.

Here's how I know that you are full of ****. Instead of addressing any points, you've resorted to using silly icons to attack me becase you don't like my opinion.

Pathetic response.

Great response!:applause:

Seriously though, why cant some of you realize that we have a voice as consumers that all business owners will listen to and that voice is $$$$$$$$ (not message boards). Stop giving yours to them and they will stop or change what they do. If we continue to buy the product, they will continue to produce the product the way that we are buying it. If you don't like the stadium, don't go. If you don't like KangarooTV, don't buy it, it's that simple. If enough people share your view, it'll go away.

I hope noone decides to post here about how much of an ahole Snyder is and how ridiculous this is. I hope they realize it'll get them nowhere, and that the only thing they can do is IS SIMPLY NOT BUY THE PRODUCT. Tell everyone you know not to either. That'll teach em. Otherwise, stop complaining. Please.

Thank you!

Seriously though, why cant some of you realize that we have a voice as consumers that all business owners will listen to and that voice is $$$$$$$$ (not message boards). .

Why can't you think logically?

How much did Sony PS3's go for on Ebay when they first came out? $5000? More?

So why didn't Sony just sell them for that? It's what the market would bear, right? Right? It's just economics, right?

Or was there something else that Sony was looking at... something that made them say 'this isn't the right thing to do'?

I'll say it again. Your response was pathetic.

Why can't you think logically?

How much did Sony PS3's go for on Ebay when they first came out? $5000? More?

So why didn't Sony just sell them for that? It's what the market would bear, right? Right? It's just economics, right?

Or was there something else that Sony was looking at... something that made them say 'this isn't the right thing to do'?

I'll say it again. Your response was pathetic.

Thanks for the lesson in statehood, I just had to google "the volunteer state" to remember that it is in fact Tennessee.

You'll see that it is definitely an issue. Also, why would they even bother with closed captioning? I'm not deaf, but if I was, I don't think I would search a board away from the action just to see the announcer say first down Washington, or catch by #89 Santana Moss. Isn't there usually a visual prompt on the regular scoreboard that tells you that, along with down and distance?

Jeff,

That's plain stupid guy. The "issue" was that the Redskins weren't showing scores at the games. I agreed that issue was a bad thing against the Redskins. It turns out, that issue does not exist. McKenna is a bit of a liar and should not be surprising to find him lie here.

There is a change this year from last. The team has the scores on the closed captioning boards at midfield with regularity and they superimpose them on the jumbotron at other times. That's different, but, it's not a lack of scores.

I'm glad to know you're not deaf. However, the Americans with Disabilities Act (I think that's the Act) kind of requires businesses to provided disabled Americans methods of enjoyment. For example, I'm pretty sure you're not bound to a wheel chair, but, you've seen handicapped parking spots and ramps, right? Of course you have. Closed captioning has been available for some time at games. I think if we have a single deaf fan who would like to have that feature, it isn't a negative that it's provided. I'm not sure you score points by rejecting this.

KangarooTV is a unit that allows you DirecTVs entire football package during your time at the game. It is available at a few stadiums and eventually will be available everywhere. For some fans who like that kind of thing, it's a nice toy. Others won't need it and as some have correctly pointed out, if you're at the game, be at the game.

There is nothing negative about providing fans this toy for those who want to use it.

There WOULD be something wrong if they were doing it and denying some other normal feature to the fans. But, they aren't. This thread needs to actually acknowledge this actual data for a few posts. Scores are available. No, the team doesn't show highlights of other games. Do you know a place that does?

I actually think the move to the location the scores are at now, the CC board, is a move to accomodate disabled fans, not to get you to buy KangarooTV. And if all it takes is you to look toward midfield for the scores, you're ok, aren't you?

I am sure most of us here have cell phones. Why doesnt everyone just look up the scores on their phone?? I know they should have the scores posted, but if you want the scores, just look them up.

I don't, and won't, bring a cell into the stadium personally. With reaching in your pockets for money, jumping up and cheering and all the rest, I'd risk losing it. Fans also shouldn't have to fend for themselves to get scores of games. If the team made them, fans should be very upset with the team.

Fortunately, it appears the team isn't making them.

Jeff,

That's plain stupid guy. The "issue" was that the Redskins weren't showing scores at the games. I agreed that issue was a bad thing against the Redskins. It turns out, that issue does not exist. McKenna is a bit of a liar and should not be surprising to find him lie here.

There is a change this year from last. The team has the scores on the closed captioning boards at midfield with regularity and they superimpose them on the jumbotron at other times. That's different, but, it's not a lack of scores.

I'm glad to know you're not deaf. However, the Americans with Disabilities Act (I think that's the Act) kind of requires businesses to provided disabled Americans methods of enjoyment. For example, I'm pretty sure you're not bound to a wheel chair, but, you've seen handicapped parking spots and ramps, right? Of course you have. Closed captioning has been available for some time at games. I think if we have a single deaf fan who would like to have that feature, it isn't a negative that it's provided. I'm not sure you score points by rejecting this.

KangarooTV is a unit that allows you DirecTVs entire football package during your time at the game. It is available at a few stadiums and eventually will be available everywhere. For some fans who like that kind of thing, it's a nice toy. Others won't need it and as some have correctly pointed out, if you're at the game, be at the game.

There is nothing negative about providing fans this toy for those who want to use it.

There WOULD be something wrong if they were doing it and denying some other normal feature to the fans. But, they aren't. This thread needs to actually acknowledge this actual data for a few posts. Scores are available. No, the team doesn't show highlights of other games. Do you know a place that does?

I actually think the move to the location the scores are at now, the CC board, is a move to accomodate disabled fans, not to get you to buy KangarooTV. And if all it takes is you to look toward midfield for the scores, you're ok, aren't you?

Don't paint me as Mr. Anti Deaf. I have no problem with the closed captioning. I just mentioned my opinion as an aside because it strikes me as kind of silly when you don't need to even hear the PA announcer to enjoy the game. I can see if they close caption the refs, but I honestly didn't pay much attention to it because I was focused on the game.

Have you been to a game at Fed Ex this year yet? I went to the opener, and didn't notice the scores once. You've got it wrong if you think they show them frequently. It's just something I come to expect out of the gameday experience, and you wouldn't see posters on here making a fuss if it wasn't an issue. I can still get the scores off of my cellphone, but it is annoying that they aren't displayed with any consistency.

I have no issue with Kangaroo TV. I'm sure it's a great product that sounds a little overpriced, but I'm sure it's great.

Archived