Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell.. makes you go AGGGHGHGHGH

monte55coleman

Overall, Jason's game tonight, was way ahead of his play last week, (which wasn't bad mind you). He moved well in the pocket and definitely outside the pocket. Showed, except a few throws, some great accuracy and if a few of those balls weren't dropped, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. He's doing well.

no one is bashing JC.. AS a fan I want him to make that throw NOW, so we don't have to put that much stress on the Defense. I am ecstatic that we won, just making a point that Jason has all the tools, and he hasn't even had a complete game yet.

When I said he makes me go AGGHH, it was because I leaped off the couch and shouted a few expletives because I knew it was going to prolong the game.

That was a great call by Al Saunders, whoever criticizes that call has no clue what they are talking about.

I'm sure he makes the throw the next time.

When is the last time we had a quarterback that was even a factor? This game proves to the league and the pundits (cough...ESPN) that we have the "real deal" behind center, and he must be accounted for.

Just watch later this week when the same "pundits" that didn't give us a chance (and quite smugly I must say) tonight, start factoring Campbell, along with a running game that those same nipple-heads (I stole that from someone else on this board) said wouldn't be a factor in tonight's game.

Oh, and don't forget to factor in the defense.

Redskins fans rejoice!!!

:gaintsuck

Just pleased that Gibbs went for the coffin nail and not 3 runs and out......people we are learning how to kill opponents...it didn't happen tonite but seeing it makes me shiver.

EXACTLY, even more important than the completion was the innovation of the playcall. It reminded me of what Gibbs would have called from Rypien to Gary Clark to seal a game just when you thought he was going to run the clock out. It was a dagger, and if it would have been completed, it's ballgame time. They showed great confidence in Campbell's ability to make plays, and Jason came through time and again... Cooley pass, 3rd down conversions, big rollouts and scrambles... he was stellar.

He's missed some things - sure. But he's done a lot more good than bad. And, it's really nice to know that he is the guy. I'm not sitting here wondering if he's the guy, I know he's the guy. We get to watch him grow and get better, knowing he is the present and future of our franchise, and that is nice.

JC "HAS" to make that throw...simple as that. Here I complain all the time that our offense is too conservative and then we call that play and JC chokes. Gotta have those if you want to be a big time QB.
Give me a break. I saw Farve do the very same thing at least two times yesterday.

Point being, even the best QB's miss every now and then. Some more than others.

oof.. he makes great plays one minute, and then misses a huge opportunity to ice the game.

He is just one step away from becoming a complete player, but man the baby steps he takes in getting there are frustrating.

Our defense should not have been under that much stress toward the end, but god bless LARON LANDRY.

MVP of the game.

:no: :bsflag: Jason is DOING HIS JOB.......................:notworthy

He'll make that throw next time. But what a great freakin call by Saunders!!!! Man that was sweet! And my God! Did you see JC's arm? Wasn't one of the knocks on him that he had an average arm?!?! Average my azz! Dude can flat out throw! I'd have loved to see him finish with that TD. But it will come. It's only his 9th start for crying out loud.

Ahem...you could be stuck with Brunell or Collins weak arms. So chill.

Campbell completed like a thousand third down conversions in our second TD drive. He juked, he scrambled, he bought time, he made clutch throws. I would MUCH prefer Campbell not putting a nail in the coffin and instead have him methodically build a lead. How many times can you actually overthrow Moss anyways?

Campbell and the defense are my mvps. And Charles Barkley.

Archived