Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell.. makes you go AGGGHGHGHGH

monte55coleman

Jason knows he missed that opportunity and it bothered him. Check the 2nd video down on ESPN's homepage entitled "Campbell adn Redskins beat the Eagles." He clearly states that missed pass is on his mind.

It's good to see. He will keep working hard to avoid those mistakes in the future.;)

Look. He's started, what, 8 games now? It will come. That is not a high percentage throw, and he hits most of his long throws.

he's started NINE games....STOP BABYING HIM...Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are so much better...this is his 3rd year, Big Ben won a Super Bowl in his second.

Gimmie a ******* break. Jason was the MVP last night. He came up HUGE on third down in the second half when it matttered in the biggest game of his career. I'm damn proud of him. Enough with this crap.

:eaglesuck

That throw was incredibly frustrating, because you want to see Campbell step up and become the QB we know he can be, but then he misses a wide-open kill shot like that and you are left scratching your head.

I think what happened was that Moss got so wide open* that Campbell was surprised, and just put everything into the throw. I mean, its not often that receivers get that open in the NFL. That was ridiculous.

*Kudos to Moss for that move...he made William Peterson/James look SILLY with that move. I love me some Santana!!! :)

Even the commentator said this.. " How do you over throw Santana Moss???"

WoW what an arm this guy has!!! I'm so excited man...

Cambell rushed the throw. The reason he rushed the throw was due to pressure. If he doesn't get pressured, Moss is deep enough to run under that thing.

JC had a so-so game passing. His legs made up for some of his mistakes. He threw about 8 bad passes vs 21 good passes (16 completed). That's not good in the NFL. Fortunately, the defense so far is keeping the opposing team out of the endzone.

We play the Giants at home, then have a bye week, and then play Detriot at home. I'm hoping JC will have it all settled by week 6 when we go to Green Bay. We play Arizona at home in week 7. All 4 of these games a very winnable even with a so-so offense. But by week 8, the Skins need to be on top of their game going into Foxbourgh to play Belicheat's Pats.

Look. He's started, what, 8 games now? It will come. That is not a high percentage throw, and he hits most of his long throws.

:laugh: Hey, I can live with his baby steps, although while he's actually making mistakes I may curse him! But its to be expected based on his experience at this level. We should all expect some mistakes.

HOWEVER, that bomb he missed to Santana was a very, VERY high percentage throw, man. Santana had his man beat by ten yards and Jason had all night to throw that ball. That was just a case of instant adrenaline shot to the heart when he saw how wide open Santana was, and he simply overshot him. The good thing is it happened with the lead, and I think he'll learn from it.

oof.. he makes great plays one minute, and then misses a huge opportunity to ice the game.

He is just one step away from becoming a complete player, but man the baby steps he takes in getting there are frustrating.

Our defense should not have been under that much stress toward the end, but god bless LARON LANDRY.

MVP of the game.

news flash..laron missed the big tackle on westbrook where he ALMOST scored..

campbell had plenty of good throws and just 2 bad plays in my opinion. the INT and the deep ball. he put 2 deeps balls right where they needed to be though..

news flash..laron missed the big tackle on westbrook where he ALMOST scored..

campbell had plenty of good throws and just 2 bad plays in my opinion. the INT and the deep ball. he put 2 deeps balls right where they needed to be though..

He just saw Moss and he got anxious, hence the overthrown ball. If he would have calmed down a little it would have been on the money. He is learing.

He just saw Moss and he got anxious, hence the overthrown ball. If he would have calmed down a little it would have been on the money. He is learing.

exactly and he hit moss in stride earlier and would have hit cooley in stride too but he dropped it. i have NO doubts that campbell is our QB.

i am already strarting to get a man crush.

JC had a so-so game passing. His legs made up for some of his mistakes. He threw about 8 bad passes vs 21 good passes (16 completed). That's not good in the NFL. Fortunately, the defense so far is keeping the opposing team out of the endzone.

We play the Giants at home, then have a bye week, and then play Detriot at home. I'm hoping JC will have it all settled by week 6 when we go to Green Bay. We play Arizona at home in week 7. All 4 of these games a very winnable even with a so-so offense. But by week 8, the Skins need to be on top of their game going into Foxbourgh to play Belicheat's Pats.

I kinda beg to differ on that assumption..

Cambell's a young quarterback so everything he does is analyzed and scrutenized. To be honest, Jason seemed to manage the game well mixing passes with scrambling ability. You cant look at his completion percentage and evaluate his success cause Moss and Cooley are dropping some passes for some reason. The percentage of good passes to bad passes was good for NFL standards in my opinion. Look at all the quarterbacks in this league and analyze the types of passes they are throwing.They're all about the same percentage when playing a quaility defense which the eagles and dolphins are. Farve looked horrible against the eagles at home last week, Brees cant get it together aginst the Colts and Bucs. Manning threw a dumb pick in Tennessee, Carson Palmer got victimized by the Browns defense.

So what everyone has to realize is Cambell is no better or no worse than these other names as far as throwing some bad passes because everyone in the league throws alot of them. The only thing Jason needs to improve on is being more precise with his throws trusting his recievers will be in a spot.

The kid has only had 8 or 9 starts. Give him a break.

I think Campbell couldn't believe that Moss was that wide open. He just got excited and put to much arm into the throw. Or He thought Moss was faster than he was. After Monday Night there's no doubt that we have something special in Campbell. With experience He's only going to get better.

Do any of you remember JC's long scamper down the sideline? He was actually tripped up by his own man, and it looked like he had an open run all the way to the endzone had his own man not up-ended him. Did any of you notice this?

It didn't matter. He had already stepped out of bounds at the 18 yard line.

I think Campbell couldn't believe that Moss was that wide open. He just got excited and put to much arm into the throw. Or He thought Moss was faster than he was.

I disagree. I think they practiced that play for that particular moment when the defense expected the Skins to run the ball. I believe they all expected Moss to be wide open to "put the nail in the coffin." Did you see Joe Bugel almost had a fit after that missed pass??

Archived